Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    I still eat anything I want. The difference now is that I plan so that whatever it is can be apart of what I enjoy without going over my daily goals.
  • sstoro
    sstoro Posts: 20 Member
    Stress eating. I'm a lot more introspective and cognizant of why I feel that I have to eat in response to a particular situation.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Eating between meals. I used to graze all day every day, especially in the late afternoons. Now I stick to meal times and have had only a few slip-ups in the past 2-1/2 months.

I have noticed that there are a few things I used to eat that aren't worth wasting the calories on anymore, like sugar cookies. The bank puts them out on Fridays, and they don't even tempt me.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    whiskey during weekdays; energy drinks
  • caseysexton5
    caseysexton5 Posts: 27 Member
    c
  • Portion size and Cheeseburgers and bread
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    A lot, actually, but it was not as hard to do as I thought it would be. We'll see how the holidays go...

Sugar
    Bread (except a specific low-carb bread which I have once a day in a sandwich for lunch)
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Sugar-sodas (I allow myself one Coke Zero a day)
    Fried Foods
    Fast Food
  • NaturallyOliv - why on earth did you give up peanut butter?! the fat in peanut butter is healthy!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    Cut way back on pop too, only seem to have about 8oz worth a week. I still drink juices, coffee, tea..etc. I don't go to fast food as much, though I still go to regular sit down places..I haven't gave up anything, I still eat what I want to in moderation.
  • I gave up on

Excuses
    Soda
    Fast Food

I eat in moderation
    And because of that... I was able to give up my 3x/ 2x/ 1x/ and XL clothing. Those... I don't miss at all!! ;)
  • nothing, I have everything I used to, just in moderation. I'll have a soda or 2 a month, dessert once a week, or if I'm craving it. No point in making yourself miserable while trying to obtain your goal! If you can go without, that's awesome! Personally, I'd go crazy without a cookie every now and then :P Just don't go too Crazy with it and you'll still get the results you want!
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Energy drinks (replaced with define*8 at the moment) and trying to kick Hot Chips, it leads to other terrible temptations.

Also, processed snacks such as museli bars and cheese and cracker dips
  • I recently cut out soda and meat. Since then the weight has been melting off!
  • I've always been a healthy eater, but I've pretty much given up drinking-- I might have a drink once a week or two, tops. I've given up drinking my calories in general-- no glasses of milk whenever I feel like it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    For me it was sloth (as in laziness, not that animal).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I haven't given up anything, but I have cut back on the amount of fast food I eat, the amount of restaurant food, pop, chips, etc.....
  • Soda.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I haven't given up anything but I have definitely cut down!! Frappuccino's and sugary coffee drinks were a big weakness of mine....I've learn to enjoy them in a healthier version or smaller portions :drinker:
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Video Games, freed up a lot more time to exercise.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    For me: I gave up soda except special occasions and no longer get the # meals at fast food opting instead for just a burger if I go at all (once a month or so)