What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• purplepiggy1
    Options
    Nutella, jam abd white bread for the most part
  • jackr88
    Options
    I don't think there is a NEED to actually give anything up.. you just need to keep everything within your calories and macronutrient levels..
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I use to drink this, except just the "green tea" flavor when I quit drinking soda. MFP helped me realize how much sugar was in these drinks, so I quit Arizona drinks shortly after joining here. I do drink a lot of water now, a lot! But now I'm drinking Diet Lipton green Tea or Raspberry. No calories, no sugar no nothing, except taste! It really has an awesome taste!!!!!!! Give it a try.:drinker:

i've tried the Diet Lipton Green Tea, but don't like the taste. i like the Lipton regular Green Tea, but it's just as high in calories as the Arizona Sweet Tea. i had to cut all of that out of the diet. just too many dead calories per day.
  • KaeNight
    KaeNight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs from that one day due to sodium (water retention). It took me more than 2 weeks to drop that weight! Food was exceptional, but not worth a 2-week setback.

The best way to fix that is to drink a lot more water. You will retain some of it, which makes the idea sound silly, but the excess water will also flush the salt out of your system. The water retention caused by red meat is better gotten rid of with veggies though because it's not quite as soluble. I also noticed that a lot of people mentioned rice here, which makes me a little sad. Like sugars and fats, there are good and bad carbohydrates. Rice tends to have good carbohydrates in it making it more healthy than a lot of people give it credit for. Kind of like all the comebacks about fiber in peanut butter.

I digress. Personally, I have given up hunger and restraint. My father absolutely hates seeing me eat, so I used to starve all day before eating half a box of pasta late at night. I haven't actually given up any foods thus far though. I do, however, find it hard to eat candy and ice cream. Not because I feel the need to eat less (I've never been a huge sugar fan), but because I just don't have room for it. Every once in a blue moon I'll snag a piece of candy and stuff it away for later. Problem is, I've had candy waiting to be eaten for months and I just can't seem to go for it.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    soda pop
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Excuses