Whats the one thing that set you off to want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• BriUndead
    Options
    The main reason I'm ready to get serious and get into good shape is so I can pass the fitness test and join Police academy this summer. I've always wanted to be a Police officer so I'm going after my opportunity. That is the main reason but also for myself. I don't like what I see in the mirror and i wish I could look good in cute dress and bikinis. So I'm ready to change so I can get fit, be healthier, and look good in clothes again.
  • montlucia
    Options
    I'd just broken up with a bf and so was unhappy with what I saw in the mirror. And I weighed myself for the first time in months and pretty much cried at the scales. The scales said I was 13st and 4lbs with a BMI in the 'obese' category. I was still a size 12 (UK) but was on the edge of wearing size 14 trousers. I just had a sense that if I didn't do anything. I wouldn't feel completely content with myself.
  • ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the shallow one here.

I saw a picture of my husband's ex on Facebook and she looks phenomenal. Must be true, part-demons don't age or gain weight. Haha, just kidding ... she's full-demon.

Totally get that:) My husband had a lot of girls before me, some if which we still see around, and I don't want them looking better than me either lol. I'll be honest that's a motivator for me as well.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My dad lost five toes to diabetes. I was pre-diabetic myself.
  • Dreyabianca
    Options
    For me it was jealousy that has done it. And seeing a friend I haven't seen for a while and she said "Wow, you've gotten big."
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    I was terrifying close to hitting 200lbs. I started at 194 and had to stop things immediately. It was the same weight I was when I got married and I hated that look. I used to always say I was my heaviest when I was married and here I was again...at my heaviest. I also have a 9 yr old daughter who is overweight. I don't want to see her suffer her whole life like I did with weight issues and self esteem problems. Our lifestyle change is a family affair in this house. We work out at least 3x week and we are.all feeling and looking better. It is much harder losing weight for me now than it was even a year or two ago but I have learned to be consistent and not think of this as a diet. I am also not married to the Damn scale anymore. It just drives me crazy so why bother with it. I can see the difference in the mirror and with the way my body feels.

Not gonna lie though...the thoughts of wearing summer clothes and a bathing suit and having no worries is an awesome motivator. That is my goal in the long run!!!!
  • baybeeboo
    baybeeboo Posts: 65
    Options
    For me, Honestly I think it is my age. I am 24, I know it's not OLD, But certainly not getting any younger. 4 years ago I didn't care what crap I put in my body... Now for my health I care alot, also my children, now 3 and 4 years old need a Mumma in their life for a very long time :heart:
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ^^ Omg, I know, no tolerance for heat...Ugh...I work a salesfloor job and I'm on my feet and moving around all day. I used to be soaked in sweat. It was horrible and embarrassing. Now, I almost never do lol...Unless I'm truly running around (which happens occasionally)!
    LOL, that was it for me!!! Went to D.C. last summer, my old stomping ground, I wore a dress and I was so uncomfortable due to inner thigh chafing! summer is my favorite season, but not with THAT giving me issues! I decided I needed to get rid of all that:)
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    I saw a picture of me I was mortified!! And my large clothes was starting to get tight :/
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My belly. As a kid, I never paid attention to mirrors much. If I did, I would peak at my face. When I was 15, I started becoming more aware of full-length mirrors and what my body looked like under my clothes. I didn't like that my belly stuck out, my bellybutton was round instead of taught, and being small-breasted exacerbated the problem. I was skinny-fat. My arms/legs looked grossly skinny but my belly looked fat lol. No waist! Despite playing softball.

I began trying to eat healthier at 15... Switching to whole grain bread, and bringing turkey wraps & grapes to school. I started using my mom's exercise bike & lifting dumbbells. Nothing really changed though. When I got to college at 17, I took a weightlifting course for gym and learned more about calories, vitamins, nutrition. I started trying to eat very few calories, 800-1200 (As you can see, I didn't exactly know what I was doing still). But I started doing research online, reading news articles on diet & learning the right ways to diet.

19 years old was the turning point for fitness. I thought being tough was cool & someone I knew recommended a kickboxing class. So he brought me... I loved it (Even though it was also the realization that I had no endurance for running, couldn't do push-ups & the abs workouts burned my stomach!) I was so sore.. For 2 weeks, but I got better and stronger. My stomach started to look better, and I started to see some muscles on my twiggy arms & legs! My flat butt turned to a round but. After that, I was hooked on fitness!
  • Katieloula
    Options
    When I was filming my boyfriend in secret for a joke (long story lol) and I saw the back of my own behind in the camera - it literally shocked me. Yes it was TERRIBLE lighting and I made sure I filmed it in normal lighting numerous times afterwards lol but still, it DISGUSTED me. I used to pride myself on my perky butt. There's no stopping me now though, I'm just glad I saw when I did.
  • Littlethings_
    Littlethings_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Being asked if I wanted a seat on public transport as if I was pregnant. My weight is all in my belly :(
  • cald0nia
    cald0nia Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just feeling like *kitten* all the time!
  • mariah30
    mariah30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The fact my oldest child I see her picking up bad eating habits and shes a bit overweight at the age of 11. Also my muffin top scares the sh$t out of me and I want it gone, Hate my front lower *kitten* from having kids and my back boobs. Time to shed and feel better about myself.

Also went to cedar point last summer and being told a seat belt wouldn't fit me on a roller coaster really set me off to. So I have like 4 things that put me into motion. I am down 20lbs since January.
  • Tyandnatesmom
    Tyandnatesmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sadly it was my wedding photos...
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I had been put on a medication for electric-shock like migraines and I gained 45lbs in 3 months. Just looking at the quick weight gain and my jeans were all getting tight bothered me. I didn't wanna buy any new clothes so I talked to my Dr and she switched my med which is helping now quite a bit but really wanna get bk down to where I was and even a little under that. Mostly it was just being comfortable in my clothes and also I wanna be comfortable wearing cute dresses in the summertime. Right now I can fit into some but I hate wearing them cuz I feel like I have alot of weight to lose yet.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My friends that had babies are skinnier than me :embarassed:
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My sister gave me a fitted T-shirt with FSM on it for Christmas. It was juuuuuuust too small. It was the smallest little kick in butt ever but it worked a charm.
  • DHONEGGER
    DHONEGGER Posts: 12
    Options
    CONGRATS! MAY I ASK WHAT ABOUT YOUR DIET WORKED FOR YOU?
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wear clothes I was wearing during my pregnancy and had gained 20 pounds after getting on birth control and was determined to never see the scale say 250 so I kicked into high gear, glad I did! I feel like a whole new person and I havnet even lost a full 20 pounds yet....