Whats the one thing that set you off to want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on my foot three months ago. It's now time for me to go back to work and I standing on my feet all day is torture. I know losing weight will make my job a lot easier and oooohhh my poor foot heal faster.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! MAY I ASK WHAT ABOUT YOUR DIET WORKED FOR YOU?

I'm sorry, are you asking me?
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i haven't been fat all my life and i don't feel comfortable with the extra weight.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My dad is 20 yrs older and 3 inches shorter than I am. Last June, his Dr told him he needed to lose at least 25 lbs because he weighed 205. He wears most of his extra weight in his belly, so I just assumed he weighed a lot more than I did. I stepped on the scale for the 1st time in a decade and I weighed the same as my dad. OMG! I'm fat too!

9 months later, I've lost over 40 lbs and he's had a heart attack... (He's doing alright now, so I can joke about it.)
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Several things really. Saw pictures from NYE 2011 and my birthday in 2012 which made me sort of sick to my stomach. And then in July someone I've always considered on of my best friends said one of the most hurtful things ever to me. It was about a guy I liked. She looked at me and said, "You realize, if a guy liked someone like you, he could just be playing a really mean trick." I didn't say anything (nor have I said anything at all. Each pound I lose is just rubbing it in her face.) I went home and like cried for a week. I knew I had to lose weight both for myself and to prove a point.

<
    Mickey Mouse picture is from my birthday last year.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband and I want another child.
    My son will be 3yrs this June. I've gained a good 100lbs from pregnancy, birth control and just plain ol depression.

With my pregnancy I had no complications because I lost a great deal of weight before hand not so healthily..

So here we are I have until August 2014 to lose as much weight as possible prefer to atleast be out of the obese category on bmi..

I want to be able to run with my son and play outside without huffing and puffing. Mostly because I know i'm good looking but i wanna be ridiculously good looking with the body too ;)..
  • Ztefh
    Ztefh Posts: 17
    Options
    When I graduated from high school, I moved in with my aunt and uncle who live completely different lifestyles from how my mom chose to live her life. For a while, my aunt and uncle would buy all the unhealthy food that I ate when I lived with my mom (poptarts, ramen, etc.). My aunt approached me one day and told me that I need to start eating healthier. As embarrassing as it is, I didn't know how unhealthy I was really eating. I started doing research on the kinds of foods I should be eating. My aunt and uncle were really supportive and bought me healthier food so I could start cooking better meals for myself. I am 30lbs lighter than I was when I graduated from high school. I've had my ups and downs since then, but I am aware and am moving in the right direction.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...upcoming surgery(which I did have and did fine)...and doctor saying obese.
  • TheAdventureXO
    Options
    When I was at work (I work in retail) and I picked up a pair of pants and thinking 'WOW! They're huge!' then checking the tag and realizing they were my size.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My BF and I got more income because I was able to get a job and we started eating out a lot. Finally I got to the point where I was just feeling sick. We ended up going to his sisters and got Arbys which I gorged on. I felt so sick after eating it we went to get a scale on our way home and that was the start of it or end lol.

Also, we plan to get married this year and start a family (make babies) so I want to be as healthy as possible before getting pregnant.
  • Dobie76
    Dobie76 Posts: 17
    Options
    My clothes were way to tight and I kept squeezing into them because I did not want to buy anything bigger than a 16. I finally got on the scale and realized I hit the dreaded 250. Also I got tired of struggling to get put on and take off my wedding rings.
  • QueenShadowrama
    QueenShadowrama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    While I'm cognizant of the fact that I have more of a tummy on me now than I did when I was 18, feedback from humans and the mirror confirmed that I still looked good, so it wasn't an appearance issue for me.

I went to the doctor and they suggested that at my BMI, certain medications might fail if I needed them.

I decided that I didn't want to be fat enough that science wouldn't work on me, lol!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was really, really tired of feeling like *kitten* about myself

This, and seeing my elderly always active and healthy parents quite suddenly take a turn for the worse. I figured out this is the only body I got, and given family history I was likely to be in it a while so I better get it back in shape and give up the pity party.
  • lenap73
    lenap73 Posts: 11
    Options
    I had a health scare. I experienced PVC's for the first time in my life.
    I was told that I needed to run around the black as fast as I could for 10 minutes so I did and they stopped.
    That was the deciding factor. What keeps me driven is I've got a sassy character and my clothes match...my size 5-6-7-8 clothes which I have drawers and drawers of...I miss my clothes and I miss the confidence being that slim brings.
    Oh well, it will come soon enough.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    having my 2nd son in october 2012. Hes the last one for 5yrs at least til we can both afford a bigger house. So I thought best get to a good body and good eating and exercise habits now I have a 5 yr wait.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I could no longer shop in the normal sections of clothing stores. I couldn't find anything to fit me outside of the Big and Tall department, and I'm not that tall.
  • LeRevCooper
    LeRevCooper Posts: 122
    Options
    Wanting to look better during sex.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The evil mirror...and scale...
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    mother becoming very sick(cancer), having to help her with it, and ultimately watching her fade to nothing, before passing.

I know cancer attacks people of all kinds, so I wouldn't be surprised if it attacked me. But, I plan to leave a sexy corpse. :tongue:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    The next size was 16...I was making a change!