DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options
lovelyMYlovely
lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
I read an article stating that there is only 1 known safe spot for this day, and the only safe spot will BE SHUT DOWN!! Listen I dont know if I believe in it or not but to shut down the only place people believe is safe is a bit harsh!
I hope nothing will happen this day but I will expect panick and odd behavior from people. such as rape, murder, burgulary, and even car accidents from people rushing home...
All I know is I dont believe and I dont deny it. I am just waiting I guess and know to stay home that day. with the windows and door locked!!!
here is an article that I read. It says that its bringing tourists into spots for that day. I didnt care of this that is just a way to make money but I was very sad to hear that they are closing the mountain where people believe its safe. I dont think thats right. here is the article.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49862332/ns/technology_and_science-science/

tell me what you think will happen this day? what will you do if something bad happens? what will you do this day? do you believe its true? if so why? if not why?
thanks.. HAHA I am bored so I just thought id ask

Replies

• JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    i like that... thank u lol.... very true
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Umm did you actually read the article you linked.
    It says its not the nd of the world, just the nd of the cycle.

The world has gone through this several times before and all the non believers have ben fine.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

This^^^
  • mystarwillshine
    mystarwillshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Only truth!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it is the end of a 5000-some-odd year cycle. Then a new cycle begins. It's like new year's eve on our calendar.

There are some interesting astronomical alignments coinciding with that date. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major earthquake or volcanic activity.

Look into Hopi prophecy. Now there's some interesting stuff!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    hopefully it will be the end of doomsday scenarios.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    And who told Jesus....

To the OP. I don't believe it.
  • Jross65
    Jross65 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

This!!!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    yeah and 12 years ago on new years 2000, they said the world was going to end as well. in case you haven't noticed: we're still here. only God knows when the end will come.
  • jjpavio
    jjpavio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think Dec 22nd will happen at 12:01 am GMT. The 21st marks the end of the Mayan calendar cycle. December 31st of EVERY YEAR marks the end of our calendar cycle, and to date, the world hasn't ended. Now, I do believe some people will act like total nitwits and use the date as an excuse for very bad or stupid behavior, so it wouldn't hurt to be on the lookout for them. Meanwhile, we should enjoy each day and not take it for granted, and then, on the 22nd, we can be grateful that we're all still here.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    No it will not. Only the Lord knows the Day and Hour. Either way, I'm not afraid. I trust him and his plan. There's always a new end of the world day, every 6mths.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Agreed, it is the end of a 5000-some-odd year cycle. Then a new cycle begins. It's like new year's eve on our calendar.

There are some interesting astronomical alignments coinciding with that date. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major earthquake or volcanic activity.

Look into Hopi prophecy. Now there's some interesting stuff!
    hmmm ya i believe something may happen.... all i know is i hope a earthquake does not happen becuase it can cause a tsunami that would be horrible. I have already seen sooo many things that has happened with weather changes... Oh well only god can control things.... If its time than its time. At least we will die with our families because I am not scared of death I am scared of what I will leave behind...
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    a8ar.jpg
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Oh Jesus Christ, the only place that is safe is being closed down and you are worried, just in case! Please, the world isn't ending in 2012. Its being shut to keep the f*cking nut cases who believe anything away from civilised people. However, if you think it is, please let me know and I'll give you my bank details so you can forward your assets to me. And for God knowing when the world will end, really? Please let me know and I'll send you my bank details as well.

Honestly, If you think that the world was made 4,004 years ago on a Tuesday afternoon, around tea time, and that dinosaurs were put into the ground as a test, then seriously, I despair for the human race.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'll see your prophecy, and raise you 2 myths and a legend.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I usually stay far from these threads, but my astronomer-brain has an itch to set the record straight (and hopefully allay any fears that might go along with this!): astronomical alignments have nothing to do with earthquakes or volcanic activities, so if there do happen to be earthquakes/volcanic eruptions on that day, it'll be because of the usual plate tectonics.

Also, I don't there are actually any astronomical alignments of note on that day. NASA comments on it here: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html#planets and also here: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-alignment.html
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So your saying I've been raising the dinousaur egg for nothing and ruined my garden digging a bloody bunker?
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options

This^^^

Amen.
This discussion has been closed.