DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options

Replies

• zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Nah, we aren't the first humans to have evolved thus far and wont be the last, sure we will eventually become extinct, and you know what? Another human race will take over... So no, we humans are not going anywhere anytime soon, we are here to stay.

Y2K wasn't the end of the world as people say, it was a panic in the IT industry because of date/time formats... ffs... Y2K was related to computers, was never a human thing, can people at least get that right :/

You are right BUT people thought when computers crashed we would lose electricity, satellites would fall from the sky, etc and those things would cause the end of the world.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I refuse to believe it. The world cannot end without letting me have my birthday first (31st December). It's just not cool for everyone else to have their birthday for 2012 and not everyone of the remaining December days. Nuh-uh I refuse.
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen. Honestly, if I am going to be concerned about something, it will be the fiscal cliff..not the end of the Mayan calendar. Anybody ever stop to think that they just ran out of room to chisel?
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Makes a lot more sense really. "Had enough of this chiseling bullsh*t, someone else can pick it up in 2000+ years!"
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Nah, we aren't the first humans to have evolved thus far and wont be the last, sure we will eventually become extinct, and you know what? Another human race will take over... So no, we humans are not going anywhere anytime soon, we are here to stay.

Y2K wasn't the end of the world as people say, it was a panic in the IT industry because of date/time formats... ffs... Y2K was related to computers, was never a human thing, can people at least get that right :/

lol wut. we arent the first humans? and if we go extinct another human race will evolve?

so if we go extinct what human race will take over?
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hopefully it will be the end of doomsday scenarios.

This!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Anyone who believes the world will end on 21st of december 2012 Please email me!

We can talk about you sending me all your money and valuables.

• KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am sceptical of any and all doomsday predictions that haven't come from the book of Revelations (the Bible). The only thing I have plans for is the Zombie Apocalypse and that's just for fun.

On a different note, if the world does end I'm still happy I made a lifestyle change and have done all this work. Because if the world turns out like the ruins of Pompeii (with people turned into statue like things from the volcanic ash) then I'll at least look good if/when someone finds me.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

You are right BUT people thought when computers crashed we would lose electricity, satellites would fall from the sky, etc and those things would cause the end of the world.

Yeah, I remember all the media hype. But at least I got a free shirt from work because of it. :)

y2k.jpg
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That silly cartoon where the carver "ran out of room". That's not a Mayan calendar; that's the Aztec calendar. Duh!

The Mayan calendar accounted for the discrepancy that causes our leap year much more accurately than our own calendar does. However the date 12/21/2012 is still uncertain because it depends on whether you go with the original long count or the revised long count.

And there are still Mayans. They aren't all dead.

But I'm still not worried about the end of the cycle because I know it resets back to 0. They saw time as cyclical, not linear like we do.
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No Man Knows the Day and Hour

36But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for you know not what hour your Lord does come.

43But know this, that if the owner of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..

I agree with this
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I agree with this

Fighting fire with fire?
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll see your prophecy, and raise you 2 myths and a legend.

THIS!
  • kgrinnewaldXD
    Options

AMEN!! :)
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Yeah, I remember all the media hype. But at least I got a free shirt from work because of it. :)

y2k.jpg

I was in high school, but My dad works for an electrical company and had to go in to work to do nothing just incase something happened. His entire work knew the likelihood something would happen was low and yet they had to be there because of the hype. His boss was interviewed on TV because of it and I remember watching the interview. He was asked by the new reporter if the nuclear and coal plants were going to explode and some other crap. The reporter seemed to actually be hoping for the Apocalypse. Other reporters we covering how places were selling out of survival items. Me and my friends laughed and actually wondered when did we become smarter than adults.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The Mayans didn't use the same calendar we use today. According to their calendar December 21 2012 was months ago. I believe the world is still here, therefor this whole Doomsday thing is nothing but another bogus prediction. The religious of Jehvova's Witness has predicted it 7 or 8 times now....... LOL
  • ninehours
    ninehours Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know what i think on December 22nd
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ^^this here
  • Buddogmom
    Options
    So your saying I've been raising the dinousaur egg for nothing and ruined my garden digging a bloody bunker?

LOL!! Thanks for the good laugh. What a bunch of nonsense! Doomsday, easter bunnies, santa claus, tooth fairies, god.... can we all just grow up?! All the silly and hurtful things done in the name of religion and superstition. Never seen an atheist start a war or attack a gay couple...
This discussion has been closed.