DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Dec 21st is my Daughters Birthday so if the world ends It will end with me face down in a cake, its all i ever wanted.

LOL December 21st is my daughter's birthday too. She finds it very inconvenient to have the world ending on that day. LOL
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Dec 21st is my Daughters Birthday so if the world ends It will end with me face down in a cake, its all i ever wanted.

LOL December 21st is my daughter's birthday too. She finds it very inconvenient to have the world ending on that day. LOL

It's also my birthday. Cake and pina coladas. That's all I have to say about that.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options

i like this guy
  • CalWalker
    Options
    Listen, all this crap is just that. crap. 17th century french philosophers screwed with the mayan calendar. Ask any mayans and they will tell you "we aren't saying this!". Its just like our calendars, after a certain time, it starts over. one section is called a Baktun. there are 13 baktuns in the mayan calendar. december is the end of the 13th baktun. then guess what? IT STARTS OVER. not the world, the calendar. life goes on, and i 100% agree, Only the Father knows the day and hour.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..
    yup
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It better not, I just got started trying to lose weight! Lol.

Seriously, I'm a Christian and I believe that the only person who will know when the world ends is God. I might stay home though, it freaks me out that the people who do believe it will FLIP out.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hmm. ...God will rule whatever...and whichever is your God... I am a Christian but live n let live

If the world is going to blow up then eat now lol!!!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do not think that locking your doors and windows will help much if the world comes to an end.

I think I would go to the top of a tall building with a giant pig-out picnic and enjoy the fireworks.

On another note, anyone who thinks they might be raptured around that time, I will take care of your pets if you sign your house over to me.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Listen, all this crap is just that. crap. 17th century french philosophers screwed with the mayan calendar. Ask any mayans and they will tell you "we aren't saying this!". Its just like our calendars, after a certain time, it starts over. one section is called a Baktun. there are 13 baktuns in the mayan calendar. december is the end of the 13th baktun. then guess what? IT STARTS OVER. not the world, the calendar. life goes on, and i 100% agree, Only the Father knows the day and hour.

Ask the Mayans? They're all dead.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    either way it's my birthday the day after, I'm wondering if people are going to get me anything v__v
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am completely counting on the world ending on Dec. 21. (Actually, even if it's Dec. 22, I'm OK with that, too ... but not much later.) Just think: if the end doesn't come, we'll all have to file income tax returns again, one more damn time. There'll be another US presidential inauguration, and a 2016 campaign, and all that ... BLECCCH. I'll have to go back to thinking about retirement planning. To hell with all that! Come on, ancient Mayans, do your stuff!

Hey, either way, why doesn't everybody just get together on the 20th (or maybe we'd better get started about a week earlier) for the Party to End All Parties? We can all scarf down plenty of carbs and fat and stuff, drink like fish, use whatever other "controlled substances" appeal to anybody, and ... did I forget the orgy? Definitely, there gots to be an orgy, where the we all pour salad oil all over our nekkid selves and get in a big pile. Somebody get this organized!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's just going to be a normal day. Anyone who believes the world will end will be sorely disappointed.....or maybe relieved? Wasn't there some religious nut who thought the world was going to end on 6/6/06? We're still here. Also, there was some nut who told his followers last year that the world was going to end. It didn't. How about just living your life and chilling out?

Then again, I'm an Atheist......
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh Jesus Christ, the only place that is safe is being closed down and you are worried, just in case! Please, the world isn't ending in 2012. Its being shut to keep the f*cking nut cases who believe anything away from civilised people. However, if you think it is, please let me know and I'll give you my bank details so you can forward your assets to me. And for God knowing when the world will end, really? Please let me know and I'll send you my bank details as well.

Honestly, If you think that the world was made 4,004 years ago on a Tuesday afternoon, around tea time, and that dinosaurs were put into the ground as a test, then seriously, I despair for the human race.

I just fell in love with you. Just sayin'
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I heard this not too long ago. When the Mayan calendar was made there was no such thing as leap years. Now we have added leap years into our calendar. So technically the world should have already ended since we have added that one extra day every 4 years. Made sense to me....
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very nice. It's my son's 19th birthday. He's really hoping it won't be the end of the world. Me too.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Other Mayan calendars go past Dec 21st. It is like the difference between a normal 12 mo calendar and a 16 mo calendar. Dec 31st does not mean the world is going to end. That is it and move on to the next incorrect prophecy please.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/New_discovery_shows_Mayan_calendar_extends_past_.html?id=151127145
  • newfiemom720
    Options
    Its not the end of the world, it has been said in many sites that I have looked at that the myans believe that it is the end of the world becuase there myan calender doesnt continue any further then that day. Not the end of the world just ppl being supersticious. And only GOD knows when the world is going to end.
  • janehlansing
    Options
    I think my son is really worried about it. He is 15 and has a life threatening kidney disease. He told me that if a major apocolyptic event happened and he couldn't get his medicine, he would take one a gun and kil himself at the sand pits so he wouldn't suffer. That really made me sad.

I agree with the "God only knows rule" My boy is bitter with God right now..

Jane
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oh Jesus Christ, the only place that is safe is being closed down and you are worried, just in case! Please, the world isn't ending in 2012. Its being shut to keep the f*cking nut cases who believe anything away from civilised people. However, if you think it is, please let me know and I'll give you my bank details so you can forward your assets to me. And for God knowing when the world will end, really? Please let me know and I'll send you my bank details as well.

Honestly, If you think that the world was made 4,004 years ago on a Tuesday afternoon, around tea time, and that dinosaurs were put into the ground as a test, then seriously, I despair for the human race.
    LETS MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THIS POST... I did not come here to get someone to yell at me and be rude... I siad I no not believe or I do I am undecided... I am a sweet,nice girl and if you feel the need to be rude to someone that you dont even know than pity on you. Geez some people are soooo mean and uptight.. it was just a fun topic.. I hate when people like this ruin the fun...!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    haha your funny!!!
This discussion has been closed.