DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Dec 21st is my Daughters Birthday so if the world ends It will end with me face down in a cake, its all i ever wanted.
  • aaroboy21
    aaroboy21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying anyone christmas gifts until the 22nd......Just in case.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I would however; not be surprised if some terrorist uses it as an excuse for something terrible.
  • Thick2Fit1991
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..

I agree with this. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't . In my opinion it will just be something similar to Y2K and that didn't happen. Guess all we can do is wait and see.
  • LollipopPsyco
    Options
    The myan calender did not account for leap year,so its already passed. Just like y2k,nostradamus, the book of revelations,ect ect myths and fairytales
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I believe the only real mayhem that day will be last minute holiday shoppers. Expecting violence and craziness probably isn't too far off.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The Mayan calendar only went up to this date because they couldn't comprehend that there would be a need for a date beyond this. That is all. I refuse to believe I've been losing weight all year for nothing. Could have been enjoying my cakes and crisps instead so I'll be well peed off if it happens......
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't believe it. I think the Mayans simply got tired of making a calendar. It was as complete as they wanted it.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Dec 21st is my Daughters Birthday so if the world ends It will end with me face down in a cake, its all i ever wanted.

YOU WIN!
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So your saying I've been raising the dinousaur egg for nothing and ruined my garden digging a bloody bunker?

Haha love it!

Myself, I've already got plans for that day including 5 1/2 riots and a kidnapping (Jeremy Renner won't know what hit him til it's too late heh heh). If anyone can think of any other fun (preferably illegal) stuff I can squeeze into my schedule, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    The myan calender did not account for leap year,so its already passed. Just like y2k,nostradamus, the book of revelations,ect ect myths and fairytales

I HATE it when I HEAR THIS!!! It's so much crap. The mayans didn't account for leap year. The mayans also DIDN'T USE a 12 month Jan- F'ing Dec calender either!!!!!!!!! December 21st or whatever the date is, is the date in OUR time. Just like if you said ¿qué in spanish, and I said "what?" in English, same mfing thing, two different languages. Get your facts right. Not that I believe this is going to actually happen, but this is not the reason to NOT believe it.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I read an article stating that there is only 1 known safe spot for this day, and the only safe spot will BE SHUT DOWN!! Listen I dont know if I believe in it or not but to shut down the only place people believe is safe is a bit harsh!
    I hope nothing will happen this day but I will expect panick and odd behavior from people. such as rape, murder, burgulary, and even car accidents from people rushing home...
    All I know is I dont believe and I dont deny it. I am just waiting I guess and know to stay home that day. with the windows and door locked!!!
    here is an article that I read. It says that its bringing tourists into spots for that day. I didnt care of this that is just a way to make money but I was very sad to hear that they are closing the mountain where people believe its safe. I dont think thats right. here is the article.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49862332/ns/technology_and_science-science/

tell me what you think will happen this day? what will you do if something bad happens? what will you do this day? do you believe its true? if so why? if not why?
    thanks.. HAHA I am bored so I just thought id ask

ObamaMeme.jpg
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    False, I will destroy the humans of this planet in the hope that the next dominant species will better.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    *facepalm*
    It's just the end of the cycle, not the world.

I mean, and other stupid people have 'predicted' that the world was going to end. Either it did end, and we're all on Ghost Earth, or they're stupid.
    Yeah, they're just stupid and want attention.

I don't believe in this stuff. What if the Mayans didn't want to keep doing the calenders for another 50 years? We all get bored of something right? I used to write down in a journal, I gave that up. Doesn't mean someone will read it and go "Ohmahgod! She died ( date whenever I stopped ) !" Just 'cause I stopped writing at that point.

See?

People should use some logic and reasoning.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in the Mayan calendar nonsense.

However, I DO believe in a mis-translated book written by men claiming to write the words of some omnipotent, omniscient deity who has all of that power but gives us free will and blames us for everything. THAT is totally legit.

/sacasm (because someone won't catch it)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    well if it were true or even if we believed it to be true, why on earth would we be on here trying to improve our health/weight/lives lol. if there was a month left to live I am dam sure I would not be worrying about what I eat.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    Don't believe it. I think the Mayans simply got tired of making a calendar. It was as complete as they wanted it.

THIS! I believed they got tired of doing the same thing for years!
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Let's all have a moment of silence and pray the world doesn't end in 2012. For the most part it wont because my yogurt expires in 2013!!! :drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    well if it were true or even if we believed it to be true, why on earth would we be on here trying to improve our health/weight/lives lol. if there was a month left to live I am dam sure I would not be worrying about what I eat.

Seriously. To hell with dieting, exercise, and sobriety!
  • LollipopPsyco
    Options

I HATE it when I HEAR THIS!!! It's so much crap. The mayans didn't account for leap year. The mayans also DIDN'T USE a 12 month Jan- F'ing Dec calender either!!!!!!!!! December 21st or whatever the date is, is the date in OUR time. Just like if you said ¿qué in spanish, and I said "what?" in English, same mfing thing, two different languages. Get your facts right. Not that I believe this is going to actually happen, but this is not the reason to NOT believe it.

Ok seriously calm down...who pissed in your cherrios....how about this..... why should I believe a culture could perdict the end of the world when they could not even predict the end of their civillazation? go eat a twinkie and relax.

You just mad because I listed part of the bible with the fairytales.:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.