DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options

Replies

• Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'll see your prophecy, and raise you 2 myths and a legend.

This!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If the world does end I'll be too dead to be worrying :ohwell: if it doesn't well I won't have wasted all that time revising for no reason :happy: so mehh highly doubt it
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    My hub isn't buying holiday gifts until after the day...the truth of the day is there is an astrological alignment where the sun will be in the middle of the milkway galaxy (this only happens ever 26,000 years, last time was around the time the dinosaurs went extinct) it is probably why some of the people get scared. If there was a solar flare because of it, yeah we'd be toast, but the earth would heal and continue. What it really should do is make your realize, the world can end for any of us, at any time anyway.

Wow, you really have no idea... The dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago. Humans have been around for 200,000 years or so.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I read an article stating that there is only 1 known safe spot for this day, and the only safe spot will BE SHUT DOWN!! Listen I dont know if I believe in it or not but to shut down the only place people believe is safe is a bit harsh!
    I hope nothing will happen this day but I will expect panick and odd behavior from people. such as rape, murder, burgulary, and even car accidents from people rushing home...
    All I know is I dont believe and I dont deny it. I am just waiting I guess and know to stay home that day. with the windows and door locked!!!
    here is an article that I read. It says that its bringing tourists into spots for that day. I didnt care of this that is just a way to make money but I was very sad to hear that they are closing the mountain where people believe its safe. I dont think thats right. here is the article.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49862332/ns/technology_and_science-science/

tell me what you think will happen this day? what will you do if something bad happens? what will you do this day? do you believe its true? if so why? if not why?
    thanks.. HAHA I am bored so I just thought id ask

Look what you started lol good for you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Finally some use for my cardio... Survivers arise
  • icom100
    icom100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh Jesus Christ, the only place that is safe is being closed down and you are worried, just in case! Please, the world isn't ending in 2012. Its being shut to keep the f*cking nut cases who believe anything away from civilised people. However, if you think it is, please let me know and I'll give you my bank details so you can forward your assets to me. And for God knowing when the world will end, really? Please let me know and I'll send you my bank details as well.

Honestly, If you think that the world was made 4,004 years ago on a Tuesday afternoon, around tea time, and that dinosaurs were put into the ground as a test, then seriously, I despair for the human race.

>applause<

I can see you having your opinion, but denigrating someone elses beliefs is not excusable. If you don't believe, just say so without comment about someone elses beliefs, and be more "tolerant" and "open minded".
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcz3xbngWO1qk5rvlo1_500.jpg
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My hub isn't buying holiday gifts until after the day...the truth of the day is there is an astrological alignment where the sun will be in the middle of the milkway galaxy (this only happens ever 26,000 years, last time was around the time the dinosaurs went extinct) it is probably why some of the people get scared. If there was a solar flare because of it, yeah we'd be toast, but the earth would heal and continue. What it really should do is make your realize, the world can end for any of us, at any time anyway.

Dinosaurs went extinct about 65.000,000 years ago. If it was 26,000 years ago they would have been around at the same time as humans walking the earth and an ice age..........:huh:

Not to mention that our Sun (solar system) is located on one of the outer spiral arms of the Milky Way Galaxy. It doesnt magically zip in / out of the center. Go look at the night sky and you can see the bright lit center of the Milky Way. We orbit it just like every other celestial body.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I told my son I wasn't going Christmas shopping till the 22nd, just in case. Lol!! I don't believe it at all. Not even a little. The reading at church today was "No one knows the hour nor the day". That is my belief.:flowerforyou:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I survived Y2K, 9/11, The Bird and Swine flu, Mad Cow Disease, The Twilight Epidemic, Lord Voldemort (aka He Who Must Not Be Named), obesity, and the death of hostess. Bring it on End of the Mayan Calendar.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    hopefully it will be the end of doomsday scenarios.

Preach it, brother....
  • icom100
    icom100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think the guy making the Mayan calendar (I think that's the one everyone is referring to) just all of a sudden up and died, and no one else knew what he was working on and how to complete it. :) Anyway, Jesus said that only the Father knows when the world will end. Jesus didn't claim to know, but laid His privilege aside in respect and deferance to the Father. So who ever asked, in this thread, "Who told Jesus?", the answer would be no one.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll buy a super size bag of cheetos and a couple of pints of ice cream...and if all hell starts breaking out I sit in my favorite chair and eat it all until either I burst or the excitment stops..if nothing happens I just throw it away and continue doing what I'm doing
  • eratess
    eratess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their beliefs about it... However, the commentary regarding providing bank details isn't that far off. In Buffalo, for Y2K, the people who believed it was truly over were throwing cash around in the city. Went and withdrew everything, thinking it was all over. So, if anyone wants to do that, please come visit Rochester... My student loans would thank you. Or me. Whichever. However, I don't think that anyone can know when it will all be over anymore than the dinosaurs did (NOT 26,000 years ago) - for that matter, none of us have any indication or guarantee we'll survive today. Why worry?
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Guys, it's not the end of the world. It is "The end of the world as we know it". That could be a good thing. Or a bad thing. A friend of mine has told me of Planet X or Star Wormwood or Nebiru. I don't know if that's spelled right. Supposedly it is an object that has a 3600 year orbit around our galaxy. He said the last time it came around was around the time of Noah and the ark. Well, I don't believe that.

Another group (on the internet) claims that the aliens who helped the Mayans and the Egyptians will return again when this star (object) comes. They will help us and usher us in to a new age; an age of enlightenment. Google this stuff. It's amazing! LOL

I, for one, hope all this doomsday crap is wrong. Like someone posted above, I'd hate to be doing all this lifestyle change and denying myself junk food if it was all for naught.
    sooo true.. u know we have found a new planet that is capable of life its average temperature is 72 degrees!!! have u noticed some clues that something is going to happen? that brittney spears song dance until the world ends and they show a rock hitting the earth, the x factor ( also shows a rock hitting the earth), sooo many others that I cant even think of at the moment... its crazy.. i hope nothing happens but i do think since so much talk about this stuff its crazy and scares me a bit..
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The world's ending again? Wasn't it supposed to end last year in May and then when that didn't work out the prophet said 'Whoops! I meant October!" And when that didn't happen he just kind of quietly went away.

And wasn't the Large Hadron Collider supposed to cause the end of the world, too?

The most popular end-of-the-world prediction was y-2-k. I know people who spent a lot of money on food storage and gasoline generators on that silliness.

There was that comet last year that caused a bunch of people to predict the end of the world. That one didn't do a darn thing except get people looking through telescopes.

Jesus himself predicted that Armageddon would happen within one generation of his Crucifixion and resurrection.

If this 2012 prediction doesn't work out, we could always revert back to what Nostradamus said about the world ending in 3797.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Apparently we are all here trying to lose weight just to look good for the apocalypse.

When the zombie apocalypse hits, I'll be ready from all my cardio work :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    we should tell everyone that believes the world is going to end that we have a refuge on some island and send them all there. they can live out the rest of their lives in paradise and we can be assured they dont pass on their genes to the rest of humanity.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If its the end, I hope it's with zombies :tongue: bring it on zombies!
    dde helllll nooo! that would suck... ew dont u ever watch walking dead. there so dirty and probably smell really bad haha.... id rather die than live like a cave man running for my life..
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The world's ending again? Wasn't it supposed to end last year in May and then when that didn't work out the prophet said 'Whoops! I meant October!" And when that didn't happen he just kind of quietly went away.

And wasn't the Large Hadron Collider supposed to cause the end of the world, too?

The most popular end-of-the-world prediction was y-2-k. I know people who spent a lot of money on food storage and gasoline generators on that silliness.

There was that comet last year that caused a bunch of people to predict the end of the world. That one didn't do a darn thing except get people looking through telescopes.

Jesus himself predicted that Armageddon would happen within one generation of his Crucifixion and resurrection.

If this 2012 prediction doesn't work out, we could always revert back to what Nostradamus said about the world ending in 3797.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9acwNHKvoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ltqiULfXA
This discussion has been closed.