Guys, be honest,....

Options
You never look at an overweight or obese girl and say "damn she's hot. do you?? I've even caught my husband saying how thin women are hot, but never any that are overweight or obese.

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Overweight - Sure, I've encountered a number of them that I thought were attractive.

Obese - Not so much
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Overweight - Sure, I've encountered a number of them that I thought were attractive.

Obese - Not so much

well what do u consider obese?
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I feel your question is the same among women... I don't see to many women calling overweight or obese men attractive.

I for one, am only attracted to slimmer women. It's just how I am.. Ill be friends with anyone but can only see myself with a slim woman.

That's why I am working on my weight to make it realistically possible. :P
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Obese - Not so much

There was that one picture floating around on the forums - can't find it now. Generally, I would say that above 35% body fat I am probably not going to physically attracted.

What did you have in mind when you posed the question?
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    I feel your question is the same among women... I don't see to many women calling overweight or obese men attractive.

I for one, am only attracted to slimmer women. It's just how I am.. Ill be friends with anyone but can only see myself with a slim woman.

That's why I am working on my weight to make it realistically possible. :P

my husband is 6 ft 4 and 385. I much prefer heavier men. Its MUCH more of a problem with men. Especially when women hear men making fun of them for being fat. trust me i get it alot.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options

Obese - Not so much

There was that one picture floating around on the forums - can't find it now. Generally, I would say that above 35% body fat I am probably not going to physically attracted.

What did you have in mind when you posed the question?

i wanted to know how many men seriously only think thin women are attractive. in daily life it seems 100%
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ive always found that people become more attractive once you get to know them and know their personality
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't make fun of anyone with weight problems because I hate when people say things about me. It kills my confidence that I'm 23 balding and slightly overweight.. at least I can control my weight to feel confident. Bleah.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    ive always found that people become more attractive once you get to know them and know their personality

so if you got to know a say 250 lb women, and you liked her personality, and she was an awesome woman, she'd be attractive to you?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

Actually, I like "husky" men. Big, meaty, burly men. My husband is working on loosing 25 or so pounds. While I support him 150%, I'd be FINE if he was fine with his current weight. I think that chubby guys are hot.

I don't see why some men wouldn't be attracted to heavy women? Not that I'm a smut bunny but there's a whole fetish market and everything for large women, right?
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    For instance my husband thinks elizabeth hurley and elisa dushku are hot. But not ever once have i ever seen him say the same thing about an overweight woman. ever. ive never even heard a man period say an overweight woman is hot.
  • djames92
    Options
    well yeah its a beauty is in the eye of the beholder kind of thing
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options

id have to see that to believe it
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it's kinda odd hearig overweight guys criticize overweight women but they do.
    Guys treat me different when I'm thin. I don't like it much. I'm still the same person but in my fat periods men aren't interested. In my thin periods, very much so. Not sure I understand why.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    it's kinda odd hearig overweight guys criticize overweight women but they do.
    Guys treat me different when I'm thin. I don't like it much. I'm still the same person but in my fat periods men aren't interested. In my thin periods, very much so. Not sure I understand why.

thats what i see every day. i work in retail, and have guys actually pic up their ****, leave my linne and go to the lane behind me because shes thin and pretty
  • djames92
    Options
    well thats true with girls to that people are shallow its unfortunate but true
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

id have to see that to believe it

you're asking the wrong question... we can see a pretty face and think that's attractive (i.e. that she's pretty) even if we're not physically attracted to her body because of her size.

for example, this woman is very pretty, but she's nearly too big to be voluptuous anymore. don't get me wrong, lots of guys would find her body physically appealing at this weight, but if you add another 50 pounds, that number would go down quite a bit. she'd still be very pretty however.

famous-plus-sizes-model.jpg

of course, if she's smart, funny, and alot of fun to be around, it really would add quite alot to her appeal even with another 50 lbs.
  • djames92
    Options
    ^^ well said
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Some people like oysters... Some like clams
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh 318 pounds and have weighed much more and I have never had a problem attracting nice looking, average sized men, although the available pool of quality men interested in someone my size seems to be the minority. It's all about confidence.
This discussion has been closed.