Guys, be honest,....

Options

Replies

• hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i think this goes both ways is it? i think this has something to do our primal instinct's way of choosing the right mate as fit people tend to be healthy for re-production and appears to be capable survivor.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I find this topic interesting. When I was heavier, I didn't find myself attractive, and I wasn't interested in dating anyone who found me attractive in that state. I value an active lifestyle and health, and didn't feel that I depicted that, and anyone who found me attractive overweight, their values in that aspect don't line up with mine. So I took it upon myself to change. I dunno, I know it sounds like a weird and shallow perspective, but it's honest.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Depends on preference. Some guys have a preference or fetish for really large (or just curvy) women. Some women like huskier guys. I see all types of people with all body types.

Just depends on what you personally find attractive.
    he said he thought it, not said it. you can't demand that people adhere to your views with their private thoughts. if he yelled out "damn girl, you'd be so hot if you weren't fat!", then yeah... go after him for being an a--... but for merely thinking it? no, that's not wrong. that's just his honest thought.

I can see what you're saying, but yea, thought crimes aren't really crimes.

The "you'd be hot if ____" thing is only really problematic if it manifests itself in a harmful way, like someone saying that to them and meaning it as a legitimate compliment (it's not.)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    i think this goes both ways is it? i think this has something to do our primal instinct's way of choosing the right mate as fit people tend to be healthy for re-production and appears to be capable survivor.

Brb letting my girlfriend and all the guys/gals who think I'm hot know that their primal instincts are flawed.
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    Ahem..Sarah Rue?? yummmm
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    From a female perspective... I also like husky men... I like them a bit taller and mid 200's... I want to feel safe and protected.
    Personally a guy who is skinny or too 'buff' is a HUGE turnoff for me.

Again, everyone has their own likes/dislikes.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You never look at an overweight or obese girl and say "damn she's hot. do you?? I've even caught my husband saying how thin women are hot, but never any that are overweight or obese.

There are attractive overweight women. But you can't help but thing "damn, she's be really hot if she dropped some weight". Does that make me a ****? I don't think so.

Yup, it kind of does.

why? Just as someone's attracted to tall women vs short women...some are attracted to slim women as opposed to overweight women.

Yup, but the thought process of thinking "This person would be hot if they did xyz" is problematic and doesn't say great things about what kind of a person you are. It's fine to find certain attributes or body types more attractive than others, but it's generally not nice to look at a person and think of all the ways you could change them to fit YOUR sexual preferences.

he said he thought it, not said it. you can't demand that people adhere to your views with their private thoughts. if he yelled out "damn girl, you'd be so hot if you weren't fat!", then yeah... go after him for being an a--... but for merely thinking it? no, that's not wrong. that's just his honest thought.

You're so right, let's all stop caring when people admit to problematic thoughts because they "merely" thought it. I privately think that all white cis hetero males should be flogged, but you can't get mad at me for it, because I only think about it.

Oh my; is this where we're going? You can't fault cis hetero males for their preferences no more than you can fault a gender queer person for there's. Having a thought that is, "I'm not initially attracted to this person" and knowing why that is is NOT problematic. By this logic, ever thinking someone is unattractive, be it their weight, height, nose shape, etc. is "problematic."
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I find this topic interesting. When I was heavier, I didn't find myself attractive, and I wasn't interested in dating anyone who found me attractive in that state. I value an active lifestyle and health, and didn't feel that I depicted that, and anyone who found me attractive overweight, their values in that aspect don't line up with mine. So I took it upon myself to change. I dunno, I know it sounds like a weird and shallow perspective, but it's honest.

This!!! Its so hard to explain but this is exactly it.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

You're so right, let's all stop caring when people admit to problematic thoughts because they "merely" thought it. I privately think that all white cis hetero males should be flogged, but you can't get mad at me for it, because I only think about it.

i'm not mad at you. so long as you don't try to carry out any floggings, we're good. :bigsmile:

PS - what is cis? i have no idea what that means.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Brb letting my girlfriend and all the guys/gals who think I'm hot know that their primal instincts are flawed.

LOL.

That first one is a joke, right?
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    jeesh..i didn't mean to start a chitstorm here with my comment. I can't help to feel that way. It's just an honest feeling.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well. Sir Mix-A-Lot said it best...I will give my two cents for what it's worth. I think if the girl is big, but has a gorgeous face, then many men could find her attractive and may even find her, god forbid, SEXY! It is all about how the woman carries herself and her confidence and her body proportion, IMHO. I have had all types of men approach me, skinny, fat, black, white, hispanic, etc. I think the saying, "different strokes for different folks" applies. My husband always says that most men would not mind being with a bigger girl, but they are "scared" to because of what society might say...like when he was in school, he knew he would be ridiculed by his peers, if he wanted to date a "big girl." And finally, I like meat....I want to have something to hold onto. I love muscles and I'm generally attracted to bigger guys..I want someone who is strong and protective.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Oh my; is this where we're going? You can't fault cis hetero males for their preferences no more than you can fault a gender queer person for there's. Having a thought that is, "I'm not initially attracted to this person" and knowing why that is is NOT problematic. By this logic, ever thinking someone is unattractive, be it their weight, height, nose shape, etc. is "problematic."

If I look at someone and go "wow they'd be hot if they just got an expensive and painful nosejob", I'd not be a very nice person.
    The proper response is "Hey, they are fairly attractive but have some qualities I don't personally find as attractive, but I understand they do not exist to fulfill my fantasies of what is attractive and therefore I won't mentally reconstruct an idealized version of them because that's kind of a weird and not nice thing to do."
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The topic said Be Honest!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You never look at an overweight or obese girl and say "damn she's hot. do you?? I've even caught my husband saying how thin women are hot, but never any that are overweight or obese.

There are attractive overweight women. But you can't help but thing "damn, she's be really hot if she dropped some weight". Does that make me a ****? I don't think so.

Yup, it kind of does.

why? Just as someone's attracted to tall women vs short women...some are attracted to slim women as opposed to overweight women.

Yup, but the thought process of thinking "This person would be hot if they did xyz" is problematic and doesn't say great things about what kind of a person you are. It's fine to find certain attributes or body types more attractive than others, but it's generally not nice to look at a person and think of all the ways you could change them to fit YOUR sexual preferences.

Miss firstsip, you can't win an internet argument with Umeboshi. It's impossible. She will dodge, ignore, manipulate, exaggerate, twist, turn, flip, sidestep, misconstrue, and any other adjective you can think of in order to make it seem like you're in the wrong.

Trust me, I've been down this road with her specifically more than one time. She, and those like her...are half the reason I don't post in these forums anymore.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

i'm not mad at you. so long as you don't try to carry out any floggings, we're good. :bigsmile:

It pretty much is a queer theory label for, "If your sex matches your gender identity, you're cis." ex: A "masculine" man into women. It's used almost specifically to differentiate between transgender/transsexual/gender queer identity more so than sexual preference, so not sure why the term was thrown out (in a pejorative way, I'd say).
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

If I look at someone and go "wow they'd be hot if they just got an expensive and painful nosejob", I'd not be a very nice person.
    The proper response is "Hey, they are fairly attractive but have some qualities I don't personally find as attractive, but I understand they do not exist to fulfill my fantasies of what is attractive and therefore I won't mentally reconstruct an idealized version of them because that's kind of a weird and not nice thing to do."

Your "proper response" is waaaaay to thought out. If someone had a huge nose, there's nothing wrong with thnking "dayam, they'd be hot if they got a nose job"

You're making way more out of it then it should be.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Cis is short for cisgender, and is the opposite of transgender.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

LOL!! Yep, you haven't changed an ounce Miss.

Oh, wait...is 'Miss' an acceptable title for you? One never knows what the hell you'll find offensive.
  • matthew8387
    Options
    however...not only guys are guilty of this...women DEFINITELY do the same thing to an extent. Singling out men is stupid and im not going to get into sexist bs but c'mon

how many of you GIRLS would look at an overweight guy and say "hmm i like the beer belly and the man boobs on him"...pleasseeee give it up.
    An attractive person is an attractive person! doesnt matter what size, shape or what they are
This discussion has been closed.