Guys, be honest,....

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Out to attack the thinner women? I AM a thinner woman. lol
    For 5'3 or 5'4 yes 120 is fine. For 5'8 not as much.
    What I was saying regarding men having no idea, is just a man will look at a woman and always get it wrong. I still get told I look 120 and hover from 10-15 lbs heavier than that right now.

Really?

And yes, I have every idea. I coach women and men for comps as well as myself. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Heck, lets all generalise and demean others, way to go!
    I'm not sure who I generalized or demeaned.

Except perhaps some young fool who did the same for every woman in the world over 120lbs. It was just harsh considering that ISN'T a healthy weight at a lot of heights... Myself I'm not demeaning women who do weight that, because I have. But I also wasn't healthy at that point.

So saying all men cannot tell is not generalising? Well I never!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Why am I picturing you, Oprah, a couch and a whole bunch of crazy?

For the record, bondbomb is one of the hottest girls on mfp. She should be something to set as a baseline or at least a reference of what is pertty much awesomeness.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    ive always found that people become more attractive once you get to know them and know their personality

Yes! A great philosophy for life and happiness, but not one you'll see put into practice at a hook-up bar.

So, you've got to be honest with yourself about what you are looking for. A superficial affair or a soul mate for life?
    If the former then looks, money, power and skill in the carnal arts are probably all you should consider.
    If the latter, then you need to dig deeper.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    ive always found that people become more attractive once you get to know them and know their personality

Yes! A great philosophy for life and happiness, but not one you'll see put into practice at a hook-up bar.

So, you've got to be honest with yourself about what you are looking for. A superficial affair or a soul mate for life?
    If the former then looks, money, power and skill in the carnal arts are probably all you should consider.
    If the latter, then you need to dig deeper.

The truth.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why am I picturing you, Oprah, a couch and a whole bunch of crazy?

For the record, bondbomb is one of the hottest girls on mfp. She should be something to set as a baseline or at least a reference of what is pertty much awesomeness.

Truth.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Overweight - Sure, I've encountered a number of them that I thought were attractive.

Obese - Not so much

well what do u consider obese?

Losing the hour glass shape is where it starts to get tricky for me. As in being more round than just being curvy.

8% of women are hourglass shaped, no matter their weight.

So 92% of women in the world, by your defiition, are obese no matter their weight.

Really? It seems like more than 8%. Maybe I'm just phrasing it wrong then. I guess what I mean is when a woman loses her "shape" (and don't pretend not to know what I mean) and starts to become round (again don't pretend to not know what I mean). Thick good. Round bad.
  • AaronG190991
    Options
    IRONY OF PEACE BAHAHAHAHA Goal weight 115, says 120lb is underweight

WOMEN LOGIC, it blows my mind

Please show me one place where I said 120 is underweight.

I'll wait.

You dont deserve my reply,

Goal weight 115lb
    says 120 is underweight

sorry but that made me laugh so hard
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Out to attack the thinner women? I AM a thinner woman. lol
    For 5'3 or 5'4 yes 120 is fine. For 5'8 not as much.
    What I was saying regarding men having no idea, is just a man will look at a woman and always get it wrong. I still get told I look 120 and hover from 10-15 lbs heavier than that right now.

Really?

And yes, I have every idea. I coach women and men for comps as well as myself. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Heck, lets all generalise and demean others, way to go!
    I'm not sure who I generalized or demeaned.

Except perhaps some young fool who did the same for every woman in the world over 120lbs. It was just harsh considering that ISN'T a healthy weight at a lot of heights... Myself I'm not demeaning women who do weight that, because I have. But I also wasn't healthy at that point.

So saying all men cannot tell is not generalising? Well I never!
    OH good gravy.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this opinion has been expressed.

Overweight girls are just fine and plenty cute.

Obese anything is unattractive...Aside from plain ole sexual disinterest, it shows that our lifestyles are on two entirely different plains. It's not pretension..just not for me.

Footnote: No matter how great a person's looks/features are..they will only captivate you for so long. There needs something significant anchoring that attraction.

ooh baby you're so smart!
    he always says everything that's so right.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Overweight - Sure, I've encountered a number of them that I thought were attractive.

Obese - Not so much

Losing the hour glass shape is where it starts to get tricky for me. As in being more round than just being curvy.

So 92% of women in the world, by your defiition, are obese no matter their weight.

Really? It seems like more than 8%. Maybe I'm just phrasing it wrong then. I guess what I mean is when a woman loses her "shape" (and don't pretend not to know what I mean) and starts to become round (again don't pretend to not know what I mean). Thick good. Round bad.

*pet pet pet* In this thread, you're never going to say the right thing :wink: but some of us know what you mean.
  • rml_16
    Options
    IRONY OF PEACE BAHAHAHAHA Goal weight 115, says 120lb is underweight

WOMEN LOGIC, it blows my mind

Please show me one place where I said 120 is underweight.

I'll wait.

You dont deserve my reply,

Goal weight 115lb
    says 120 is underweight

sorry but that made me laugh so hard
    I never said 120 was underweight. I'm still waiting for you to show me one place where I said that.

You saying I said it doesn't make it so. Maybe when you grow up some day, you'll understand that.
  • rml_16
    Options

If you count pear-shapes, there are more than 8% with the small waist/larger hips. :-)

I do know what you mean, but someone told me I'm spicy today, so that's probably it.
  • willwillywilson
    Options

Obese - Not so much

*pet pet pet* In this thread, you're never going to say the right thing :wink: but some of us know what you mean.

The topic did say be honest LOL. As a friend of mine says, don't ask questions you don't wants answers too.
  • rml_16
    Options
    30463260.jpg

Aw. Someone has a crush.
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    Wow, this got all kinds of nasty. OP simply asked if men are attracted to bigger women. The answer, in general, is not especially. It should not come as a shock to anyone that men tend to prefer more svelt looking women, on the whole. Of course, as in anything, there are exceptions, and "outliers" that will skew things a bit, but if you were to ask 100 men to be totally honest, with the guarantee of anonymity, the majority would say, if given the exact same woman, but a thinner version and a bigger version, they'd choose the thinner.

Why is this question asked a million times, and why do women get all upset by the answers (however douchey) men give?!
  • willwillywilson
    Options

If you count pear-shapes, there are more than 8% with the small waist/larger hips. :-)

I do know what you mean, but someone told me I'm spicy today, so that's probably it.

Chipotle pears? I'm game.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

<--- that someone
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I was just telling someone how this thread had gone from nitpicky flames to something seemingly more productive and then the last two pages happened :sad:
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You never look at an overweight or obese girl and say "damn she's hot. do you?? I've even caught my husband saying how thin women are hot, but never any that are overweight or obese.

please, ask your husband what he considers attractive, not here. Most likely you, he married you. :)

^^this. Is seems as though this is something that should be talked about with your husband. You appear to have a large degree of insecurity, rightly or wrongly, and really, the only person who can help alleviate that is your husband.

i agree with this ! maybe you should tell your husband how his comments of other women make you feel? in the 6 years ive been with my husband he has never mentioned another woman, i was wayyyyy bigger when i met him too so i think the comments about personality making people attractive is a point but not everyone fancies the same people if men only lusted after slim celebs there would be a whole heap more of us alone! xxx
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Wow, this got all kinds of nasty. OP simply asked if men are attracted to bigger women. The answer, in general, is not especially. It should not come as a shock to anyone that men tend to prefer more svelt looking women, on the whole. Of course, as in anything, there are exceptions, and "outliers" that will skew things a bit, but if you were to ask 100 men to be totally honest, with the guarantee of anonymity, the majority would say, if given the exact same woman, but a thinner version and a bigger version, they'd choose the thinner.

Why is this question asked a million times, and why do women get all upset by the answers (however douchey) men give?!

As if the same isn't true for women. I'm a big guy and women don't let me forget it when it comes to dating.
This discussion has been closed.