1200 calorie friends?

Options

Replies

• melmckay99
    Options
    Wow, didn't know we were so common.

I am also a 1200 calorie/day girls. I'm 5"5, started at 141 lbs, am currently around 131 lbs, and want to be 125 lbs! Anyone feel free to add me !
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    I'm sitting at 1240 currently. I try and get a lot of running in so my count goes a little higher but feel free to add me. :)
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I was at 1230...but after I lost some weight...MFP now puts me at 1200. Being 5'3" and all....i guess that's all i need?
    my food diary is open, i try to update it frequently

I'm 5'4" and I eat 1830 daily for weight loss...
  • AudreyKeogh49
    Options
    Hi i'm new to this and it has also told me that i'm on 1200 calories a day. Does anybody know though when you input your exercise and your calories go up should you still stick to 1200 for the day or use up the additional calories? have been trying EVERYTHING the last few months to shift a stone (always that last stone is the hardest) and no matter what i do i just can't seem to lose i do a couple of runs a week and a couple of bootcamps. Love this app though really makes you think twice before stuffing that something extra in your gob!!!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    What is your goal by consuming only 1200 calories per day?

Did you know that eating too-few of calories can actually cause our bodies enter starvation mode? The thyroid hormones needed to fuel your metabolism can’t be produced and our metabolism starts slowing down. Our bodies start clinging to fat stores as a source of energy and we become sluggish.

The ideal caloric intake is based off an equation that first calculates your BMR to include your height, weight, age, gender.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Once this number is established, the next step adds in your activity level in the Harris Benedict equation.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

This final number is what you should be consuming on a daily basis. The ideal plan for your body is 40/40/20, meaning 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. This keeps your body in fat-burning mode while allowing the gain of lean muscle. It also allows your body to maintain a higher energy level and feel full longer!

I hope this helps, feel free to add me :)

I see these references to "starvation mode" for those of us on 1200 calories a day and can't help but notice they almost ALWAYS come from a person under the age of thirty (and frequently under 25). I point this out because for them, 1200 probably would be too low. I'm not sure how old you are OP, but I am in my early forties, my doc said don't go uner 1200 net calories a day, and focus on using those calories to meet nutritioinal goals, not to eat garbage. Pretty sure the MD after his name is convincing enough for me. Not to mention he works in tandem with a nutritionist.

My calories are at 1240 per day, which was set by MFP based on my goal of one pound per week weight loss. My diary is open. Feel free to add me. And as for what's a good calorie count for you, I agree it's good to take a look at your BMR and have some idea of what that is. If you have access to a doctor, maybe check in and make sure he/she thinks 1200 is a good number for you. Then go for it!
  • jenny32373
    jenny32373 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jckratt12... Great info! Thanks!
  • Siobhan1983
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on 1200 cals a day, and my Diary is open to Friends. Good luck!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 2500 calories, recently decreased from 3000. My diary is open. Fellow 2500 people, feel free to add me.

Huh?

Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry about that.

*leaves quickly*
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to understand that just because your goal is set to 1200 doesn't mean that's *all* you consume? It means that's all you consume if you are sedentary and get in no exercise at all. If you exercise, you should be consuming more than that.
  • lamibe
    lamibe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 1200 too! Feel free to add me, I'm new to connecting with people on here but I'd love to make some new weight loss buddies. It's more fun when you have a team!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on 1200 calories too, please add me if you like! I try to stay just under that too, no lectures please, but it is the only way I seem to be able to lose any weight! I am envious of those who can eat more, but it doesn't work for everyone ;-)
  • Rmbleasdal21
    Options
    I'm around 1300 a day...my diary is open, and i try to keep up with it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 please add me!
  • SkullMama73
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories as well. I'm new to the message boards so anyone feel free to add me. Let's support each other and reach our goals!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Did you know that eating too-few of calories can actually cause our bodies enter starvation mode? The thyroid hormones needed to fuel your metabolism can’t be produced and our metabolism starts slowing down. Our bodies start clinging to fat stores as a source of energy and we become sluggish.

The ideal caloric intake is based off an equation that first calculates your BMR to include your height, weight, age, gender.

Once this number is established, the next step adds in your activity level in the Harris Benedict equation.

This final number is what you should be consuming on a daily basis. The ideal plan for your body is 40/40/20, meaning 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. This keeps your body in fat-burning mode while allowing the gain of lean muscle. It also allows your body to maintain a higher energy level and feel full longer!

Who asked you?
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm on 1200, add me if you like :) x
  • Siobhan1983
    Options

Based on those Calculators you added, at 5'2" 133 pounds 28 year old female, my BMR = 1393.35 x 1.2 (sedentary (little or no exercise) = 1672.02

1672 mnus 500 cals per day to loose 1 lb per week = 1172 cals per day. I still stick to 1200 though.
  • sophiemarie2612
    sophiemarie2612 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey im on 1200 -1300 and eating back my excersize cals when i earn them! feel free to add me too :)
  • allegra98
    allegra98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im aiming for the same thing does anyone know foods that actually make you feel full?