1200 calorie friends?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new to this and it has also told me that i'm on 1200 calories a day. Does anybody know though when you input your exercise and your calories go up should you still stick to 1200 for the day or use up the additional calories? have been trying EVERYTHING the last few months to shift a stone (always that last stone is the hardest) and no matter what i do i just can't seem to lose i do a couple of runs a week and a couple of bootcamps. Love this app though really makes you think twice before stuffing that something extra in your gob!!!!

There isn't a definite answer to that question that fits every situation. It depends on your calorie deficit and how much you burn with exercise. If 1200 is only a 500 calorie deficit for you, and you wish to lose more than 1 pound per week, you can burn some extra calories to help up your weight loss, without eating back the calories. If you burn 250 calories, that will give you an extra 1/2 pound loss. Burning 1000 calories extra would put you at a 3 pound loss rate, and unless you are 100 pounds overweight, that would be too high of a loss rate.
    So if you find you are hungrier when you burn more in exercise, feel free to eat a little more. Be careful that you don't eat back more calories than you burned however, so make sure that you use a HRM to figure your actual calorie burns, as for many people, the exercise burns that MFP shows can be up to 50% higher than you are actually burning. That was the case for me, and many others on here.
  • glory52788
    Options
    Yea i'm working with 1200 calories daily too! im currently looking to try new easy and quick low calories meal
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My goal is actually set at 1500 but I rarely go over 1200. Feel free to add me if you like. My diary is always open. Not sure if its the greatest example, but it works for me :smile:
  • Jenner0785
    Jenner0785 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1210, feel free to add me!
  • lorabeth94
    Options
    I am shooting for 1200 calories too. It is hard to do.
  • lorabeth94
    Options
    1200 is my goal too. Having trouble doing it though the last 2 days.
  • brittanycstewart
    Options
    I've gone from 1800 calories... to 1600... to 1400... and I have just begun 1200 :) Add me!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 2500 calories, recently decreased from 3000. My diary is open. Fellow 2500 people, feel free to add me.

Huh?

Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry about that.

*leaves quickly*

Feel about as awkward as walking in on a bunch of ladies in the restroom talking about their periods and you giving advice on your jock itch? It helps to read the sign on the door. :wink:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Right now I am aiming for a 1,200 net so I do eat my exercise calories.
    I had a goal of under a 1,000 net but I was getting too tired.
    The more you eat the more you can burn the more you can eat.
    I am also working on C25K
    I had 2 burger patties with bread and veggies last night after my run/walk yum yum.
    Anyone can add me. My diary is opened to friends.:happy:
  • mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1230/day and I exercise pretty much every day. My diary is open, and most days I eat healthy, some days I don't, but I still can stay within my goals, and I'm not hungry in between meals. It really depends on the person and what works for you. Every person is different, just find out what works for you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 2500 calories, recently decreased from 3000. My diary is open. Fellow 2500 people, feel free to add me.

Huh?

*leaves quickly*

Feel about as awkward as walking in on a bunch of ladies in the restroom talking about their periods and you giving advice on your jock itch? It helps to read the sign on the door. :wink:

There is something positively reassuring to see urinals on the wall when I walk into a restroom.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 1,200 as well and want to eat everything in site!

Add me if you'd like :)

I NEED the support!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Huh?

*leaves quickly*

There is something positively reassuring to see urinals on the wall when I walk into a restroom.

Use the low one, according to BinaryJ it makes you feel big. If you laugh, as in ROR, it will add to the experience. I learn quite a bit on MFP. ;)
  • SimonSnewin
    SimonSnewin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that... very interesting. I have just started this weekend.

Could you advise please... my target intake is 1470 calories and I ate 1246, but then I cycled 60 minutes which added 1132.
    Therefore I have only used a net if 114.

Is this a problem re starvation mode?

Thanks.
  • kashkidz
    kashkidz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 too, I added you but I also wanted to add I am 1200 on days I don't work out, so it motivates me to workout then I usually eat about 1300-1400. Welcome and have fun losing!

Katy
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Huh?

*leaves quickly*

Use the low one, according to BinaryJ it makes you feel big. If you laugh, as in ROR, it will add to the experience. I learn quite a bit on MFP. ;)

I prefer to step up real close and complain loudly about how cold the water is.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that... very interesting. I have just started this weekend.

Could you advise please... my target intake is 1470 calories and I ate 1246, but then I cycled 60 minutes which added 1132.
    Therefore I have only used a net if 114.

Is this a problem re starvation mode?

Thanks.

Yes this can become a problem.
    I was tired all the time netting too low so I stop losing for a couple of weeks then upped it.
    Also men need to eat more than women 1470 is low to begin with.
  • ornamentis
    Options
    I set my goal weight and everything and I eat around 1250 a day or less! I'd love to be friends, reading about everyone success helps me a ton!

Anyone feel free to add me I always accept :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Huh?

*leaves quickly*

I prefer to step up real close and complain loudly about how cold the water is.

I thought I was the only one that had tis problem,...now I know I'm not alone.:blushing:
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    ...are you all doing 1200 *plus* exercise or just 1200?