Ridiculous serving sizes

Options

Replies

• jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's why MFP is so wonderful! It opens up your eyes to these tricky things!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys pisses me off so bad. 1 pint is 4 servings. My *kitten*. No one eats 1 serving. You gotta eat the pint. You just have to.

LOL!!! tHI
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys pisses me off so bad. 1 pint is 4 servings. My *kitten*. No one eats 1 serving. You gotta eat the pint. You just have to.

LOL! This made me laugh, thank you!
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    also: I'm dying of laughter here--you people are hilarious. ;D
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Popcorn spray and seasoning... I don't care through still use it. Love the stuff! X
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store on Saturday and saw a box with a 5oz. salmon filet in it. The serving size on the back of the box said 4oz. What moron decided that you should cut off a single ounce from the rest? And then what do you do with it? It isn't enough for a meal later, so you eat it anyway.

THIS made me laugh :laugh:
  • prettypaleo1
    Options
    Those are the same people that deem 1/2 cup of ice cream a "serving". :)
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Ever tried Arctic Zero?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I got duped by aldi risotto I was stuffing peppers with, so did the person who entered it on here x
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    I found it odd when I decided to buy a frozen pizza from the store. Check the serving size, 1/5 of a pizza. How am I supposed to cut 5 even slices? Why not just make it 1/4 or 1/8?
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The serving size of liquid coffee creamer is 1 tablespoon. :noway:
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ring Ring, It's Progresso! You know our soups are mostly liquid, and WE know our soups are mostly liquid, but here's a can and you only get HALF of it!
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just recently started liking Chinese food, so I looked up the calories after I ate, to fill this out. OMG!!! I was in shock how bad it is for you. I mean you don't see a lot of fat Chinese people.

It's not "bad for you," just the portions are too big is all.

Chinese food in the Western world is made for us. Chinese people actually don't eat the same Chinese food that we do, which is why they aren't usually fat!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    How are servings decided anyway? I dont get it and not one single human being has been able to explain it to me. I've been asking for a long time. how is a serving determined?

I know they are usually based on a 2000 calorie diet. So, if you are on a 1200 calorie diet or a 3000 calorie diet, YOUR serving size would be different. yes? So, understanding all that would be important, me thinks. But, how is the number determined? Let's take granola. Why is a 1/4 cup a serving? Relative to what?
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of eating a "serving" of prunes once.

7 prunes is not a serving.

7 prunes is a cruel practical joke from the people at the prune factory.

Whoa. I highly recommend sticking to the serving size for prunes. I once ate more than the serving size (they were those tasty orange essence ones) and man oh man...my guts hurt so BAD a couple hours later. Keep in mind, a prune is a dried PLUM. That's like eating 7 plums without the water in them.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    6d1fd1674b690326_100-calories-of-veggies.jpg

candy21.jpg

Awesome thanks :D
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle of Jose Cuervo Light Margarita for a weekend of drinking at camp because it has 90 calories (or something like that) per serving. Turns out a serving is 4 ounces! Who drinks 4 ounces of a margarita?!

I just bought this! Hmmmmm.....better go home and check!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    How are servings decided anyway? I dont get it and not one single human being has been able to explain it to me. I've been asking for a long time. how is a serving determined?

Serving Czar. It's like the illuminati.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 156 Member
    Options

a serving is determined, by the maximum amount of calories they think they can get away with.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    " tricky granola *kitten* " LOL

The serving *kitten* are everywhere!! We all must be on the look out!!

LMFAO!!