Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options

Replies

• babickler
    Options
    My plan is to eat what I want but stop when I am full and log everything.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating what I want, but smaller portions of the unhealthier stuff and more of the healthy food. I also plan on getting some exercise done in the morning and then after dinner take a walk with my family.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    my issue is that I like the leftovers, so I'm forced to eat in moderation so that I can have Thanksgiving every day for the following week! ;) besides, I like to people watch and purchase socks and DVDs on Black Friday, but it's tricky business not getting trampled if you fill up too much!

that having been said...

I'm not even gonna worry about it man. :D
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Exercise in the morning, try everything as long as I like it. Log everything cause it's just another day.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eat-all-the-things.jpg
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You gotta watch, if you go in without a plan you're doomed to failure.

Now I love a good bread dish, but you'll fill up fast. So you wanna shove some turkey into the roll and dunk that bad boy in gravy. That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

And don't look me in the eyes.

^^What he said! :wink:
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    run my *kitten* off and keep on logging. I am not going to go crazy... I am going to feel good having control and stepping away from the desserts for the first time in my life!
  • TiffanyGallegly
    Options
    I plan on eating small amounts of whatever I want to except bread/rolls. My main calories will be potatoes, macaroni, and dressing. If I portion control well, I believe I will be alright : ) Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE!
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat small amounts at a time so I can allow I can let my stomach get the satisfied feeling without feeling real full. For me it is 3 days because we will be out of town, and all food prepared by my mom. I'm not going to log, not going to ask her for all the ingredients and measurements. I'm going to workout and burn all the calories. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, and then again Mon morning. If I didn't gain, not logging will not matter :)
  • Mojoswan13
    Options
    I am saving all my calories for the meal and I will log everything I eat. If I go over I am not going to worry about it, It;s a family tradition for all of us to go for a walk afterwards.:bigsmile:
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Stop before it hurts!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to eat what I want and enjoy the day with good company.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    not even joking, i'm starting with donuts at 6AM, continuing to pie, cookies and cake by 10AM, thanksgiving feast at 1PM, salty snacks and desserts at 4PM, thanksgiving feast two at 7PM, and mixed drink madness to round it all out at night. this is the BEST food day of the year and i am going to love EVERY SINGLE SECOND.

that being said, the day before and the day after and all of the other surrounding days will be normal eating days with zero overindulgences. the free-for-all will extend for one day, and one day only. and i'm planning to TRY to stop just short of utter full-stomach misery :)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

Um, how do I hold my glass of wine then?

Straw?

I guess I'm lucky my immediate family has made their decision of what food will be there, of which the only thing I eat is my Mums salad. So I'm making my own dish (Portabella Almond Wild Rice), I'll be up early to get an hour workout in before heading to Mum's house and eating as normal. I may go a bit over board on the wine... but if you had to spend time with my family you would understand...
    Friday is an early AM workout again, then over to in-laws and we always eat healthy there, no worries about junk... just once again the wine may be plentiful as MIL and I will chat & drink. I'll get more exercise in walking around the Car Show Friday or Saturday, so I'm not worried about imbibing a little in the dark red :drinker:
  • alycedp
    Options
    I plan to eat all the salad and vegetables first to fill me up and then just stuff the fatty stuff so that I eat more of the good stuff than the bad :))
  • alycedp
    Options
    LOL Watch out for those leftovers!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

Um, how do I hold my glass of wine then?

LOL easy, straw in glass :drinker:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    eat one plate of regular food, then eat one plate of sweets for lunch.

go for a walk.

eat one plate of regular food,then eat one plate of sweets(if there's any left.) for dinner.

then walk. and stratigize my black friday shopping extravagnaza!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to worry about it on Thanksgiving day. I do have to watch it the day before though. Some of my friends are having an early Thanksgiving dinner together, and I'm planning on logging that. And I'll also be logging all the leftovers the next day!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    gonna be careful and try not to eat too much but also not going to be too strict. One trick I learned in weight watchers is to eat the
    pie filling but not the crust - pie crust has LOTS of calories and who really likes it anyway!!!