Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I plan to enjoy myself completely, but I'm not into eating until I'm stuffed and uncomfortable.. just until I'm full is good enough, but I will enjoy it and eat things normally not on my menu, and I intend to be THANKFUL to have what I have.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Rules are sort of out of the window. I am going to log everything I eat and keep my portions small, but I am going to probably eat Thanksgiving dinner twice that day!! So I know I am probably going to go over!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    gonna be careful and try not to eat too much but also not going to be too strict. One trick I learned in weight watchers is to eat the
    pie filling but not the crust - pie crust has LOTS of calories and who really likes it anyway!!!

Good point. Lots of calories and just not that tasty.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Ehh, eat what I want in moderation and maybe have water instead of sweet tea, lol!
  • ChadGebhardt08
    Options
    Pound a ton of water, turkey, and carrots.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Going for a long walk with my dog in the morning and focusing on good choices like less stuffing and mashed potatoes and more green beans and turkey. Still tracking and trying to stay within my limit but won't deprive myself!
  • Naiaranc
    Naiaranc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eat till im satisfy!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    turkey trot 5k in the AM. stuff face and drink wine in the PM.

This sounds effin awesome to me! Well, if I could run, that is...
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Strategy = enjoy. period.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've been working too hard this month to let myself go for even one day. I have an hour of circuit training followed by a two hour swim practice in the morning, so I think I will be good for the day. But, portion control is still my top concern. I'll enjoy, but in moderation.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a vegan and will be going out with my parents to eat where there is hardly anything I can consume sooo it will be pretty easy to be below. I will just be chowing on salad and water, delicious lol
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat what I want IN MODERATION! Portion control will help me make wise choices, but if I slip up, realize it won't be the end of the world... Not to mention I'll burn some major calories later on that night until the wee hours of Friday with BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!! ;)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a vegan and will be going out with my parents to eat where there is hardly anything I can consume sooo it will be pretty easy to be below. I will just be chowing on salad and water, delicious lol

Have you thought about bringing your own food, maybe to even share & give your fam healthier options to add into their regular diets? I'm not saying to change the way they eat as that is their choice.
    I always travel with my own food (I have Celiacs and am also starting the follow a whole foods plant based regime as that is what my body & mind respond to better), and my ultimate health is more important that a few hours of suffering with little to eat.
  • bcdg24
    bcdg24 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am decidedly NOT freaking out about the calories, since I'm just at maintenance right now. As I'm cooking most of the dinner (Read: calorie burn!), I'm using low-fat and sugar substitutes for ingredients on all dishes, which will help; I will still only get a serving size's worth of each savory dish, and I will probably have two servings of the desserts I really love. But I will log what I eat that day, as usual.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym for 60 minutes of cardio as I do most days. Not placing any limits on what I can/cannot have for dinner because it's just one meal. As long as I don't bring home leftovers and get back to my normal healthy eating on Friday it's all good.

Whatever approach you decide to take, just be sure to enjoy your Thanksgiving.