How many sexual partners are considered too many?

Options
RodSuarez
RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
So I 've been wondering this how many sexual partners are too many?

I don't meant at the same time (but if at the same time I don't mind it).

Just how many in a year, a month or a life are too many? I don't think there's such a number as too many (as long as you aren't lying to anybody) but some people (quote a different topic) called those of us who like one night stands "sluts" so under her judgement I am a slut, but seeing it the way I do I am just a guy who enjoys life and is responsible and consensual about what he does.

It also reminds me of the movie "What's your number?"

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Since its 2012, if you are safe, don't cheat on anybody, and are honest about your intentions I don't really think its about the number.

I've noticed those who judge are usually pretty sexually deprived.....
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Since its 2012, if you are safe, don't cheat on anybody, and are honest about your intentions I don't really think its about the number.

amen!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find a charming prince or princess, right?
  • farfoorah
    Options
    It's about quality not quantity. If your baggin 100 chicks and they're hideous in the face, it doesn't count.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    It's about quality not quantity. If your baggin 100 chicks and they're hideous in the face, it doesn't count.
    well I don't think people should brag about their number it isn't classy
  • farfoorah
    Options

Your number must be tiny.
  • RodSuarez
    Options

Your number must be tiny.
    And I am also a Gentleman =)
  • stinkpurty
    Options

^^^This. Although I wouldn't go so far to say those judgemental people are deprived. Rather they have different views on sex (although that is by no means a license to judge). For a lot of people--and please don't flame me, ladies. It is usually us women--sex automatically means love. Does being in love enhance sex? Without a doubt. However, I do not believe you have to be in love with someone to sleep with them or that it means they that must love you. Honestly, sometimes, a good lay is all I need. Without the pretense of being or possibly being in a relationship.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    hey I just met you, and this is crazy, so here's my number, so call me maybe?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't think any number is too many. Adults like sex and as long as they're doing it responsibly, who the hell cares how many partners they have?
  • Javela
    Javela Posts: 134
    Options
    This is what's wrong with America! We limit ourselves with numbers and labels! We should be asking why you even know how many people you've been with? *Ok, hops off soap box*. Stop counting and enjoy your encounters as what they are. Fun and intimate, some good some bad, and the worst ones are the ones that are forgettable anyway.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

I agree. I think a few years ago I heard the average number of partners is 2.5/year.

I'm on the lower side because I have to invest some time teaching a guy what I want and so one night stands aren't that good.

Also, I probably would be a bit guarded about entering into a relationship with someone if they had a number 10 times mine... but aside from that, someone's sexual history doesn't effect me.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    3 is fine more then that is to much like ew ever thought about your not ONLY sleeping with that person your sleeping with everybody else they slept with and the people that the other people banged ya its like a chain so id say 3 is enough
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I guess the one that gives you the clap is one too many.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    3 is fine more then that is to much like ew ever thought about your not ONLY sleeping with that person your sleeping with everybody else they slept with and the people that the other people banged ya its like a chain so id say 3 is enough
    3?? I slept with 3 people while making this post!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    amen bondbomb! may I be 4th?
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Like men or women, were are we going with this?

For me, its been 1 over the past 6 years.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think there is no firm number. I'm inclined to think if you can count on your fingers, you're good. If you use your toes to finish counting you're pushing it. If that isn't enough digits, that's no bueno. But if it's spaced out that makes a difference, ya know? If you have 2 sexual partners a year for 10 years that's 20 people. I guess it depends on how long you're single. If you are single and sexually active for 2 years and have 20 partners in that time, that's a lot more "active."
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I feel like triple digits might be pushing it, lol.

When a man tells me he's in the triples, I can't help but feel like he must have contracted SOMETHING by now
This discussion has been closed.