How many sexual partners are considered too many?

Options

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    If you can no longer count the number of sexual partners you have had on all your fingers and toes, belly button, eyes and nose...
    you might wanna hope you have a twin cus then technically you are one and the same person (ok not really but if you are desperate to keep counting) and so then you can start counting on their digits too lol so long as they havent used them up lol. just saying... that might be one too many lovers or not depending on who you are, but as I am still counting on less than one hand for all of mine in my entire life time I really dont care. Love long, love safe, love with all you got!
  • STEELMAN47
    Options
    ONE
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading 8 pages of replies. There is no such thing as too many partners. There is only being stupid about health.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    3 is fine more then that is to much like ew ever thought about your not ONLY sleeping with that person your sleeping with everybody else they slept with and the people that the other people banged ya its like a chain so id say 3 is enough
    oh dear, best I sign up for some magical get your virginity back type thing then...
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be interesting....

but then i Norton'd....

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If YOU think it's too many, then it's too many. Otherwise, it's nobody else' damn business. Be smart, safe and respectful.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I think there are bigger questions besides "what number is too many".

1. Were you safe when you were sleeping with them? Clean, tested, condoms, etc. Id rather sleep with someone that had 10 partners and used a condom every time vs someone with 2 partners that was never tested or protected.

2. If your number is high, why? Daddy issues, emotional problems, etc. If its because youre older and enjoy sex then ok. But if youre 18 and your # is double your age, there might be something wrong.

I also think its more of a problem if you dont know your number. Thats just a big red flag to me. You dont have to keep a log book with their SSN in it, but a number should be remembered.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<This is what happens when you have sex. Don't do it.

Kidding, this one was planned. As for the number amount. I would say that the number doesn't matter. If you have a burning down there at any time, maybe its the day to hang up the sword and giblets for a bit. I came from a very traditional hispanic family, and sexual promiscuity was a no no. In the outside world, I was used to guys greatly exxaggerating the number of women they had been with, to the point where the number 60 didn't bother me. My fiance (this is between us MFP) has only been with one other woman besides me (that stupid *****). I honestly was a bit wierded out by it at first, but now its nice knowing he doesn't value sex above all things. I on the other hand, had a three year streak of whoreishness. At the end of the day, I definitely think quality over quantity.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    This is getting on my nerves...

The people who dont want to be judged for sleeping with a lot of people are just as judgy about people who have been with very few.

Just because one is selective doesnt mean they are sexually deprived or not know what they are doing....mmmkthxbye.... Be it 1 or 100...i do not care.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had a hopeless romantic idea about saving myself for marriage and finding someone who was doing the same. I thought it would be great to know that this person was only with me. We could learn and explore together. I am now 32, single, and beyond sexually frustrated. My hope is now out the window and I am left just being frustrated because I am fat and inexperienced and shockingly girls don't find that appealing. Someone shoot me please. So much for being the romantic nice guy.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have a very low number. I only get involved with a girl once I know she's one I'd like to spend a lot of time with and can connect. If I cannot connect with her, I won't sleep with her.

When I'm ready to sleep with someone, they become the only person in my eyes, no one else exists and I'll never look elsewhere nor cheat. Just not my style nor how I work.

I *hate* when I get mail here and on facebook from women saying what they like about me and what they'd like to do. Makes me cringe. A woman with self respect IMO goes a long way.

Will never apologise for my view on it tho, its how I was raised and how I learned to respect myself and others.

Love this!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I had a hopeless romantic idea about saving myself for marriage and finding someone who was doing the same. I thought it would be great to know that this person was only with me. We could learn and explore together. I am now 32, single, and beyond sexually frustrated. My hope is now out the window and I am left just being frustrated because I am fat and inexperienced and shockingly girls don't find that appealing. Someone shoot me please. So much for being the romantic nice guy.

:flowerforyou:
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a magic number. A devout Christian would say 1 after marriage, someone else might say that it doesn't matter at all just be safe from STDs. I think you should be able to do what you want with your body as long a its 2 consenting adults. My number.....is 1. We got together when we were about to turn 15 and our 8 year anniversary is next month. Two freshman virgins who got together in high school and never parted.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have only had 1, but it's not for me to judge - you ultimately, only have 'yourself' to answer to! If you feel good about yourself, that is all that matters! Rather it's only 1 or dozens!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have two simple rules...

#1 - Wait till you are married

#2 - Once married, make up for lost time.

Of course, I never thought I would still be single at 40.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

The people who dont want to be judged for sleeping with a lot of people are just as judgy about people who have been with very few.

Just because one is selective doesnt mean they are sexually deprived or not know what they are doing....mmmkthxbye.... Be it 1 or 100...i do not care.

Yep, lots of judgmental people. Lots of better-than-thou's in this place. Apparently, I lack self-respect because I've had more than a couple partners. :noway: I'd love to see how some of you actually manage to get up on those high horses! :laugh:
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I lost count
  • mramirez1981
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I actually have a list!!! for nostalgic reasons of course I like to pull out my list and think about all the great times!!!:bigsmile:
    31 and counting!
    True story!!!

hell yeah!!:devil:
  • mramirez1981
    Options

Yep, lots of judgmental people. Lots of better-than-thou's in this place. Apparently, I lack self-respect because I've had more than a couple partners. :noway: I'd love to see how some of you actually manage to get up on those high horses! :laugh:

Amen to that
This discussion has been closed.