Dreading eating tomorrow?

Options
1235»

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Dread Thanksgiving? Honey, it is ONE day out of the year. Stop worrying! Live it up, enjoy the food, family, & fellowship, and keep going on Friday. I am not even going to log tomorrow. I might go for a hike after dinner, but that is it!! If you dread life, than why bother living it?!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yep...asked for opinions, not name calling. It's karma. :)

I don't think karma works that way. *head pat*

You are probably being met with some strong opinions because this is like the 5,623rd post asking the same exact question. If all you wanted was validation about your own issues with food, you should have said so. A lot of us have moved beyond the OMG FOOD IS SO SCARY YOU GUYSSSSS phase. It would be a good thing for you to unclench a little and realize that not everyone feels the way you do.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I kind of get where your coming from dreading it. I am a little nervous, because I just started counting calories. If I mess up one day it'll turn into two. Then you got Christmas coming up New Years, birthdays, it never ends. I'm going to try the moderation thing and see how that goes :smile: .

YES! This is how I feel! :)

I wondered if that is what you meant---that one "bad" day would set you up for more "bad" days. First of all, it's not a "bad" day, it's Thanksgiving. It comes once a year and it's ok to celebrate. As for setting yourself up--I understand how you feel. I think a lot of people can relate to the "feast or famine" attitude. The best way you can combat the "spiral" is to have a plan. My plan i this: I'll treat Thanksgiving as one meal (not a day, not a weekend, not from now til Christmas!) and I will enjoy the food at dinner and not log a thing, and the next day I'm back on track til Christmas Eve (and likely the 1 or 2 other meals I have in between with friends or coworkers to mark the hoilday). That's what works for me personally. Perhaps you would feel better if you made a plan that you could rely on to get you through the holidays?
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    Not At All!! I have a fun-run 5K planned for the morning. My mom and I divided the sides list between us so I'm making three and a dessert and so is she. My bro is bringing the honey baked ham, and we are going to have a good time enjoying each other's company. That's what the day has become for us, not about eating until we burst, although we plan to do that as well.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    NO
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Anyone else dreading eating tomorrow?
    Dreading it? Heck no! I look forward to squash dressing, green bean casserole, and pie! I've been craving my Mammy's chocolate meringue pie recipe, and tomorrow is my guilt-free pass. :bigsmile:
    I do not gorge myself on holidays, because it's no fun to feel uncomfortable. I just eat normal or smaller portions of special foods I love.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No way. I'm making it so I'm going to enjoy eating it.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I kind of get where your coming from dreading it. I am a little nervous, because I just started counting calories. If I mess up one day it'll turn into two. Then you got Christmas coming up New Years, birthdays, it never ends. I'm going to try the moderation thing and see how that goes :smile: .

So let's see, if you indulged yourself and ate 1200 calories more than your TDEE on all three of those Holidays, you'd gain one stinking pound! No big deal, you can lose it in one week. Personally, I would find it tough to eat 1200 calories over my TDEE when eating real foods like turkey and ham anyway.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Then eat.

Do not gorge.

And even if you do pig out...it's ONE day. Focus less on the food, and more on the people you are surrounded by.

^^^THIS!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Not remotely, but I'm still more about exercise than great eating/diet...I'll hit the gym early, bike right after then go head into the turkey, the mashed potatoes and the pie.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a little of everything I want, just plan not to stuff myself - like the turkey!
  • reneegirl97
    reneegirl97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am dreading it is because I have a deadline to meet. I have to be a certain weight in 3 weeks. So, I really, really just wish I could hide in a hole tomorrow.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not at all! It's only one day, you will be fine. Plus - you have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to burn it all off, right? ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am dreading it is because I have a deadline to meet. I have to be a certain weight in 3 weeks. So, I really, really just wish I could hide in a hole tomorrow.

Are you a boxer or something?
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Nope, I work my tail off six days a week and eat reasonable well all week so I am going to enjoy the homecooked meal!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    One day does not make a butterball....wait....that came out wrong.

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever read. Awesome....
  • tobeftmom
    Options

So let's see, if you indulged yourself and ate 1200 calories more than your TDEE on all three of those Holidays, you'd gain one stinking pound! No big deal, you can lose it in one week. Personally, I would find it tough to eat 1200 calories over my TDEE when eating real foods like turkey and ham anyway.

Some people, such as myself find it hard to lose 1 pound. It is just a few holidays, but those can add up for me especially when I want to have a good start and keep that momentum going. Plus, I could easily eat over 1200 over my TDEE.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Um no I'm actually super excited lol.
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. But I'm going to enjoy my favorites. I am planning on skipping bread at dinner, having sweet potatoes instead of regular, and eating more veggies than all that other stuff. Make sure to eat breakfast! and I will be working out before I eat and taking a walk when I'm done.

I will probably go overboard on sweets because I absolutely love them. :)

Try to enjoy yourself! Congrats on your success so far!