You know you're a MFP addict when...

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    You really don't care if you get fired after being busted for being MFP all day long, cuz then you can be on MFP all day long in the comfort of home.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes...I'm an MFP addict. Yesterday, during my drive home, I had to pull over 4x to check my alerts. Mind you..my commute from work to home.........is 6 minutes:ohwell:
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When you wake up and check MFP before facebook or your texts on the app... I do this :S x
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When you eat some packaged food and then suddenly turn back to pick it up from the dumpster to look over the nutrient information so you can enter it in your diary

Done that at work...

Multiple times, with people in the room.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    When you eat some packaged food and then suddenly turn back to pick it up from the dumpster to look over the nutrient information so you can enter it in your diary

Oh my goodness! SO true!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You have a gif/signature that looks like this.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Yup...one of those up/down arrow things to rate comments...but MFP is too "everybody's a winner, everybody gets a trophy" happy sunshine rainbows and glitter to have a don't like/down arrow button.

Truth. I'll settle for just a "like" button. Or maybe I'll just start commenting *like* from now on. Thoughts? Nah...too lame.

I guess I'm lame. :tongue:
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    my #1 social networking site. Yeah, a like button would save me some time.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    MFP is the new FB :)
    A like button is definitely needed.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    my #1 social networking site. Yeah, a like button would save me some time.

Agree^^^
  • TheWinman
    Options
    See my thread about getting fired from earlier this week. :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options

Yup...one of those up/down arrow things to rate comments...but MFP is too "everybody's a winner, everybody gets a trophy" happy sunshine rainbows and glitter to have a don't like/down arrow button.

Truth. I'll settle for just a "like" button. Or maybe I'll just start commenting *like* from now on. Thoughts? Nah...too lame.

Oh man...you just called me lame. :sad: I already reply **LIKE** to some things (not everything mind ya)

Yes, I check MFP WAY more than facebook; I log into MFP before FB and I'm on it for maybe 30 minutes before I ever log into FB.

Never thought of scanning your neighbor's fridge so you can calc the calories of what they fed you...great idea.
  • TheWinman
    Options
    What makes us addicted to MFP

1)The thirst for health and fitness knowledge
    2)Reading the great succes stories on here
    3)The urge to log
    4)the amazing MFP friends on here
    5)The idiots on here
    6)the trolls
    7)The thirst for advice and knowledge in regards to sex, erections while working out, working out while on your period, relationship advice from strangers etc.............
    8)the smash, flirt, bag them, hog tie them, cut off their genitals threads
    9)MFP being the #1 flirting site around
    10)the love of typing "WTG", Great Job", "Excellent workout" or "Happy ###"
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You've actually built in extra time to your morning routine to log your exercise, accept kudos from friends, and give them love right back! And these are "friends" I've never met!!!!
    Couple with freely digging in the trash for that snack you said 'no one would know you had' BUT the guilt makes you add it anyway...

Loving your MFP pals like you GREW-up together!

Everyone knows your going to scan anything brought into the office as free snacks

Checking the feed while on the toilet

This is crazy! CRAZY LOVE !!!!!

:blushing:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • JewelsinBigD
    Options
    You keep it open all day!
  • TheWinman
    Options
    There is a reason we don't have a like button - it is an intellectual property thing...maybe MFP needs to get a license!

True, but you can use any other word(s) as a substitute for like.
  • JewelsinBigD
    Options

I want a "like" button too. I went to the suggestions for improvements section and asked for it. No reply, and no like button so far, but if enough people ask maybe...

Good point. Let's all ask!! I also wish we had more options for alerts. Then again...the alerts would prob end up blowing up my email. Ha!
    There is a reason we don't have a like button - it is an intellectual property thing...maybe MFP needs to get a license!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ...the pages on your friends list are stuck together.

hahaha!!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The Fact that I am replying to this Forum Topic, Lol!! That's enough of a reason. :laugh: Check MFP when I first wake up, last thing before I go to sleep and check it at work (please don't tell my boss)!! When I've had to cut out other websites and hobbies to make time for MFP. Its so addicting, I don't know why! More than Facebook for sure!! I spend 5 min a day on Face Book. I've cut out eBay, MUA (Beauty Website).

MFP does need a Like Button! SO I have a Love/Hate Relationship with MFP. Love all the great friends I have made, the knowledge I have gained and the ability to help others with nutrition, weight loss and fitness advice. I also Love the fact that it has been a great motivator for me to work out. I hate that it takes up too much of my time and any drama I have encountered.

I think we are also addicted to the attention on here!! Because for many of us sadly, :frown: we don't get that kind of attention in real life. Ultimately, I Love this Site and can't imagine being without it and checking in on all my Fantastic Fitness Minded Friends everyday!! Bu honestly, I know I need to cut back and soon!!