Am I asking too much?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Wow
    I only read the first post and then skimmed the rest. I canno believe the way your husband talks to you. I grew up listening to my dad talk to my mom like that and let me tell you- if my husband ever even breathed that nasty, hateful ugly crap in my direction, he would be toothless, ball-less and buried in a damn ditch somewhere. That is not okay. You're worth so much more than that. You're being abused.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    We have 2 kids. When they were really little I stayed home and did almost everything. My husband worked 7 days/week 10-12 hours/day. But he still changed diapers, cooked ocassionally, did minor household repairs, etc. He acknowledged that being a SAHM was a hard job and that they were his kids too and his house too. Your husband seems to think you are alive in maid/nanny and he's just a tenant there. The way he speaks to you is completely unacceptable and disrespectful. I've been married for 19 years and cannot think of a single time my husband ever spoke to me like that. Oh sure, we have our problems and we've had arguments but they never turn violent or even hostile. When we were first married we got into an argument about something. He started to yell. Nothing vulgar, just raising his voice. It's what his dad always did (and still does). I wasn't raised like that. When his yelling got bad I stood up, walked to the top of th stairs, and stood as far away as I could where we could still see each other. He asked what I was doing. I said "If you want to yell I'm going to move far enough away that you have to yell. If you want to hve a civilized conversation an try to fix things I'll come back down and we can talk like adults." He apologized for yelling and has never done so again.

Your daughter is seeing how vile he is towards you. She's going to grow up thinking that's normal and she's going to end up in a relationship with a man who screams at her, swears at her, and gets violent. I assume you definitely don't want that. You need to fix things or get out or that's most likely going to be her future.

Others are saying that we're only seeing one side here. True. But frankly it doesn't matter if you nag him every hour on the hour. That's still no excuse to speak to you like that. Men sometimes accuse women of nagging them all the time. I usually tell those guys that if they would just do it the first or even the second time they were asked there wouldn't be anything to nag about.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Your husband is an asshat. Why do you have sex with that monster???? Gross. Sorry.....I'd be heading out of dodge to find a life with a man who will show my daughter how a man should treat her.
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    Your not asking for to much at all. Yeah he has a job and he brings home the money but you have a job too and being a stay at home mother isnt a walk in the park I am also a sahm (of 2 children under 5) My husband works from 7 am to 530 pm six days a week, and he will put off little things like taking out the trash or fixing something for a couple of hours but he does it usualy the same day. Its not fair for your hubby 2 talk 2 you like he does and you dont deserve to put up with that. Sadly I think your doing all you can, your putting in your 50 and he isnt. Id sit him down and have a very long conversation about your feelings and see if it changes his view if it doesnt id reconsider the relationship.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1) he doesn't respect you
    2) he thinks you do nothing, its obvious by the way that he talks to you he thinks that he doesn't have to do **** bc he "works"
    3) this prob will never change
    4) it doesn't matter if you are asking too much or not, its really not the issue, everything else is
    5) you will never be "equal" to this man and id think long and hard abt what i want out of life