Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

I see abs (or any obviously trained muscle group) and I see dedication, self-control, self-discipline, commitment, seriousness, goal setting and achievement skills, long term planning, personal pride, determination, willpower, work ethic and victory.... and I get a little flushed.

This makes me horrifically shallow.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

I see abs (or any obviously trained muscle group) and I see dedication, self-control, self-discipline, commitment, seriousness, goal setting and achievement skills, long term planning, personal pride, determination, willpower, work ethic and victory.... and I get a little flushed.

This makes me horrifically shallow.

I am horrifically shallow. Yes. Absolutely.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I feel a lack of man abs in this thread. Please post more.

And THANK YOU for showing us your washboards :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

What's wrong with taking pics of one's self in the mirror to document and show off progress? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    All my pictures show me flexing...it's just not noticeable.
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If I had the abs that these ladies and gentlemen flaunt, you bet your *kitten* I'd be posting pics of myself. I've been hiding my six pack under a layer of fluff so long, the last time my ab muscles were exposed to daylight probably involved teased hair, bad pop music, and cuffed pant legs.

No one should be judged for taking pride in their hard work and accomplishments.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    All my pictures show me flexing...it's just not noticeable.
    Now, THERE'S a person who takes this stuff as seriously as it ought to be.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Aw well if you insist....
  • odusgolp
    Options

*swoon*
  • yoovie
    Options

tumblr_mdyg0euCq21riw8svo1_250.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I cannot stop watching the awesome freakiness.
  • yoovie
    Options

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

What's wrong with taking pics of one's self in the mirror to document and show off progress? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options

I cannot stop watching the awesome freakiness.

LOL...Love it!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I_m_Sexy_And_I_Know_It.jpg
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    reads thread and closes the door on this one:yawn:
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I take this seriously but no pics. I cannot workout do to some neuromuscular issues, but I still get some bike riding in and have lost over 40 lbs this year!

Even without a disease, I would never have the time to commit to a 6 pack or big arms...I own a home, have a 3 y.o. and my dog requires constant attention. Plus I work like 10 to 12 hours a day.

Best of luck to everyone!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My FL consists of some guys with 6-packs and some guys with Kegs; women who have reached their goals and women who are just starting all. All of them make MFP a site that works for me, keeps me motivated and let me have some fun while I'm working my *kitten* off.

So if having some ab guys on my list makes me shallow; we just don't step in me cause you might get your feet wet!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What about dudes who take things so seriously they emulate mythic gods?
  • odusgolp
    Options

And you're amazing. You should be proud ... you're a work of art.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    What about dudes who take things so seriously they emulate mythic gods?

But I AM Thor! Sheesh!