Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

What's wrong with taking pics of one's self in the mirror to document and show off progress? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.

^ this guy is one of those awesome knowledgeable supportive guys I was talking about before.
    I feel a lack of man abs in this thread. Please post more.

And THANK YOU for showing us your washboards :)

Aw well if you insist....

^ so is this guy.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Without reading all 7 pages of responses, I beg to ask the question...aren't all of those people with ab pics the most serious of all? They have put in tons of time and dedication in to accomplishing what they are now posting pictures of. I am currently working on my own set of abs and will hopefully have some to share one day as well.

And don't think that we women can't eat because we can and we don't care if you eat more than we do. You sound more 'high and mighty' than any of the 'ab guys' I have on my FL.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Without reading all 7 pages of responses, I beg to ask the question...aren't all of those people with ab pics the most serious of all? They have put in tons of time and dedication in to accomplishing what they are now posting pictures of. I am currently working on my own set of abs and will hopefully have some to share one day as well.

And don't think that we women can't eat because we can and we don't care if you eat more than we do. You sound more 'high and mighty' than any of the 'ab guys' I have on my FL.

100% agree!!!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    What about dudes who take things so seriously they emulate mythic gods?

But I AM Thor! Sheesh!

You're a shaggy dog.
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    The great thing about this site is that I can feel OK about posting a pic with no shirt on and not be judged by it. I wouldn't (not yet) post a pic with no shirt on FB but when my confidence is in the right place and my body looks good to the public at large, damn right imma post it and be proud of it. I take my diet very serious and proud to show the results.....

b4after.jpg

Combopic.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    What about dudes who take things so seriously they emulate mythic gods?

this is beautiful.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member

Aw well if you insist....

tumblr_mdyg0euCq21riw8svo1_250.gif

MUST WATCH KITTY DANCE...MUST
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    I'm damned serious about this but theres definitely no shirt-off photo's here - I've lost 150+ lb's, I'm pushing 50, skin elasticity has gone to bat****, and there's enough loose skin around my waist to wipe my nose with, and more stretch marks than my ex. had after her 4th kid!

I seriously doubt if I'll ever be seen in public again without some covering on my upper body unless either the skin eventually rebounds or I have a session on the bacon slicer :laugh: Swimming is absoloutely RIGHT OUT, unless it's in the sea, where I could get away with wearing a Rash Vest (or, more likely in UK seas, a wetsuit :laugh:)
    This is me, only I haven't lost 150+ pounds. I'm in the over 50 crowd and hope to slim down to a healthier weight. I want to be the old fart who follows the bride's parents in at my granddaughters' weddings!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    This is not directed at the OP as he was asking about guys who did take this seriously but did not post ab pics. I am not sure what the point of the question was but in and of itself, it is not insulting anyone. This is directed at the people who continually p!ss and moan about the 'ab guys' and about women apparently being shallow (or *kitten* as was insinuated earlier) for having them on their FL.

Some of the most helpful, knowledgeable and motivating guys on my FL have ab pics. They work bloody hard for those abs and many are gracious enough to try to impart that knowledge, often at the expense of being insulted, on these forums. Some of them, a few of whom have commented on here already, have lost a considerable amount of weight. Do you not think that seeing them look so damn good now is not in some way motivating for others as well as liberating for them? If someone does not see that then I am actually sorry for them as they must be living in a very blinkered or bitter world.

Why on earth wouldn't I have them on my FL and why on earth does having them on my FL make me shallow?
  • Nothing wrong with showing what you worked hard to attain. I'll post mine when I get shredded. With that said anyone that takes this seriously and posts those kinds of pictures whined about in the OP, please feel free to add me. I will be there one day and would like to have some good motivation and support along the way.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    The great thing about this site is that I can feel OK about posting a pic with no shirt on and not be judged by it. I wouldn't (not yet) post a pic with no shirt on FB but when my confidence is in the right place and my body looks good to the public at large, damn right imma post it and be proud of it. I take my diet very serious and proud to show the results.....

b4after.jpg

Combopic.jpg

Strong work sir.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Ah, see, that's where your logic falls apart. All of those guys (and gals) with awesome bodies are all genetic freaks who never had to work hard for their success.

(Or at least that's how I interpret a lot of the complaints about them.)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

ROCK ON!!!! Well done!
  • Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Jealous much?
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    I dunno man, I eat A LOT more than plenty of these guys...
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member

tumblr_mdyg0euCq21riw8svo1_250.gif

Invisible Jiggle Belt!

massage.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member

Ah, see, that's where your logic falls apart. All of those guys (and gals) with awesome bodies are all genetic freaks who never had to work hard for their success.

(Or at least that's how I interpret a lot of the complaints about them.)

also, we are really mean and dont deserve to be here and are vain and God is going to smite us for rubbing it the faces of the lazy or the just getting started, indiscriminately.

:flowerforyou:

and Im going to make my own abs pic a little bigger cause Im obnoxious like that :)

5133274_5201.jpg
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    and Im going to make my own abs pic a little bigger cause Im obnoxious like that :)

5133274_5201.jpg

Be as obnoxious as you like - those are some smokin' results!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member

I_m_Sexy_And_I_Know_It.jpg

Awesome sauce!! I could make about a dozen completely inappropriate comments here concerning kitties, but let me just digress and say thanks for the LOL! ;)
  • I had no idea his peon was going to chime in... I have a wonderful Idea you two be freinds and not post in forums and block everyone who make you feel inferior. Or suck it up and realize it is your own insecurities causing you issues not the men of MFP.

I see no reason for you to insult me, but if you insist on suggesting how I should handle friends you should first learn how to spell "friends", if I chose to block "everyone who makes me feel inferior", there would be no one on this site I would need to block.

Have a nice day :bigsmile:

When your feeling wrong throw in the spell check...lol