Are you still together/married now...?

Options
virichi08
virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I met my husband to be when I was 16 and he was 28. We were friends until I was 19. We dated for 2 months before he asked me to marry him (I thought he was joking and laughed; he didn't think it was funny). We were married 1 year and 2 days after our first date. We've been married almost 11 years now
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I'm finally single. :smile: :smile:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I knew on our first date. It was January 27, 1991. He moved in with me on February 14, 1991. We were married May 23, 1992. We are still together. There have been ups and downs during that time, but we weathered them and are more in love now than we were back then. A more mature love that we both cherish because we almost lost each other at one point in our marriage.
  • shayyyface
    Options
    How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

I knew I wanted to be with my boyf literally from the moment i set eyes on him..... no im not talking love at first sight, just instant attraction.
    Then a couple months later we started dating for real....i'd say about 3 or 4 months into the relationship i knew that i wanted to be with him and no one else.....
    My views have not altered at all. I could still, easily spend the rest of my life with my boyf... Crazy to say that at 20....and I am realistic and I do know that **** happens, i am aware so no need to start in with the "you dont know what love is"
    We've been together almost 4 years now. :]

I like this topic!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Just started dating again. I knew she was the one when I saw the top of her head:tongue::blushing: :drinker:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I knew the 2 month of dating him.

Married 10 years in February. Together for 12 years this New Years.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My husband said he knew before we started dating...which is why it took us 8 months to actually date after meeting. I knew pretty much the first time we kissed on our first date.

Met at work July 1999
    Started Dating March 24, 2000
    Talked about getting married May 13, 2000 (at my best friend's wedding)
    Moved in together August 30, 2000
    Engaged December 24, 2000
    Signed on our house December 29, 2000
    Married October 4, 2002
    Son born June 2006
    Daughter born March 2009

Together for 12 yrs 9 months, and celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this year.
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    met husband in 2006 at a local comedy show. Had mutual friends for 6 years before that and had never met. I knew when I was randomly seated next to him that there was something about him I liked. I can still remember that feeling...his friend forced us to exchange numbers. I texted him the next day and since then we've spent very little time apart.

Sept 06 - met
    March 07 - moved in together
    October 07 - engaged
    July 08 - married (wedding was planned BEFORE we knew we were expecting daughter...ooops!)
    October 08 - daughter
    January 12 - son

Today - still married! :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    6 months in, we could have married. Still married and together and looking toward our 4th anniversary.

JM
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Never met a guy I wanted to be with.

So I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    First date. We both knew. Second date 5 days later she asked me to marry her.
    We dated 2 years, married now 35 years and going strong.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I knew by date number two. That was just over 4 years ago. We've been married a little over 2 years now.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    We hadn't been on a date. I knew the first time he made me laugh. Full belly laugh, laughing til my sides hurt and I couldn't catch my breath. We've been married for 11 years, together for 14.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    About an hour after meeting him. :blushing:

Christmas Day will be 7 years together. Still not married! We don't like to be conventional. :drinker:
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options

ME TOO! High five!!!!!

xbGWY.gif

n4fc9ba32b5927_large.gif
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    35 years ago i saw this litle italian girl putting up chairs at thelocal wendy's. I was there to visit a buddy who was the manager. I REALLY liked the way her boobs made the smock she wore stick out. I asked her for her phone number and we have been married fo 32 years now.

She is theonly woman for me and we have a great son too.
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    ok, I feel very blessed for this: I met my husband when I was 16. We went on our first date up to the mountains, talked and talked and walked, and I just loved everything about him. I guess when I really knew was when he said God had told him something and he wanted me to pray about it. I knew it was that we were going to get married but at 16 that's a pretty scary thought. Anyway, long story short, we were engaged for about a year when I married him at 18 after grad. from high school. in 2 days we celebrate our 37th year together. "We're still havin' fun, and you're still the one." (song). :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I knew after about 6 months of dating. We got married after dating a year and a half and we've been married for 3 years now. He makes me laugh like no one else in the world and that is PRICELESS :)
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options

ME TOO! High five!!!!!
    Ugh, don't get me started~@$ Lols! :laugh: