Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I knew after our first date (I was 18, he was 19) that we'd get married and two years later we did. That was 8 and a half years ago.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

My husband and I knew each other for a few years before we got together. We were friends for about 6 yrs before we started dating. He was married while we were all friends and told me he wanted to be with me. I told him I never thought about that because he was married, eventhough it was so blatantly obvious they were unhappy together. Once he left her, we started talking through email, IM, phone, etc...The divorce became final on May 2 '07, we started dating VERY soon thereafter, talked about marriage in August, ring shopping in September, officially engaged in Dec '07, moved in together June '08, married June '09. We have our issues here and there (since there is an Ex and a child with her) but, I couldnt imagine my life without him!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I met my now husband over 5 years ago. I was home from college and he was home on leave from the Marines.
    I was 19 he was 21. I knew after 2 weeks I wanted to marry him (little longer for him)
    We got pregnant and he got shipped off to Iraq. He came home and we got married less than 4 months later.
    He got home last Jan from a year in Japan.
    We will be celebrating 4 years of marriage in Feb 2013 and have a 4 year old daughter.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm finally single. :smile: :smile:

ME TOO! High five!!!!!

xbGWY.gif

n4fc9ba32b5927_large.gif

Me too! *fist pump* loving the single life!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't give my heart away easily. It took a year for me to decide that I was in love with my sweetheart and another year and a half before I was ready to commit myself for life.
    We will be married for 13 years next week. Very happily so. :heart:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It was very gradual. I wasn't into him at all at first. As I got to know him I grew more fond of him. He's a different kind of person, very unique and smart and I wasn't used to that. Once I understood him, it was like lightbulb, he's pretty cool. Definitely very gradual. Now that I'm so used to him I love him, his personality, and everything he does to try to make my life easier. I can't imagine being with someone else or having someone else treat me and understand me the way he does.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I met him a little over 5 years ago. I knew the night I met him that I wanted to be with him forever! We got married February 2011 and are still together :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    We got married after 42 days together; we've been married for 23 years as of last month...we love each other more now then when we were first married...we couldn't live without each other. We're soul mates; made for one another; best friends and lovers! :blushing: We love hanging out together, doing the same things; we have a lot of the same interests; but we also have diverse interests and are secure enough to allow each other space to do them. We always make time for each other....our anniversary is always special.

You get what you put into your relationship; both parties must give 100% to the relationship.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    HA...I'm already taken, Kat! :D
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    We broke up last week. He was my first love but I am too young for such a serious relationship I think.
    Maybe if we had met later in life, or maybe in a few years..
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    engaged at 4 months, married at 9 months (no babies) and still married 21+ years...
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I knew when we went on our first vacation that he was the one. We were together about 7 months before we went on vacation together, when we came back we were inseparable. We moved in together a month after being back from vacation. We've been together almost 6 years, not married. I'm not looking to rush marriage, I'm happy with how things are now. I love him more and more everyday. Except for when he gets on my nerves. Those days I love him a little less. :)
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    My wife and I were coworkers while in college in the computer lab. We had alot of opportunities to talk and become friends. I was VERY inexperienced with the whole dating thing and I am also very shy. It was my wife who first asked me out; I'm glad she did. We married about a year later - after I had graduated. We have 3 sons (21, 18, 14) and will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this January.

I very much was not in touch with my emotional side and didn't really realize I wanted to marry my wife until she took a trip that separated us for a few weeks. That old saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" sure was true for me. My missing her so much helped me see what my feelings were.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    I'm divorced. Enough said.

Rock on. I'll be out of Shawshank in a few months myself.

The ex and I got fat together but she lost her weight faster and left to basically go clubbing with a newly single friend (also left her husband). Never trust a woman when she says looks aren't important. I've kept my weight loss going though so I at least have my health.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I knew me and my bf were meant about a month into the relationship. At first I was unsure because he had two other girls and a crazy ex that still were into him, but he picked me over all odds. Sometime after that, I guess I just knew because we always had a relaxed relationship. We could laugh, joke, and be silly in front of the other. Where I lack in something he is usually good at and vice versa. So we just benefit with each other. After one year of dating we moved into our first place together, a crappy run down one bed room apartment. We survived that and moved into a better place recently and are still together. Hope it stays that way.

We have our faults, we have our fights, but we have NEVER gone to bed angry with the other. We resolve it in usually an hour or so and we don't turn our backs on the other.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    August 11th 2009 - We met and I tried (& failed) to set him up with my roommate

August 18th - He took my on our first date

August 23rd - We had the "DTR" Conversation (Defining The Relationship)

September 5th - His little brothers wedding... he invited me, but I only agreed to the reception (not the ceremony) & he brought up the "M word" (marriage).

September 6th - His parents welcomed me to the family and all his siblings (8 brothers with several sisters-in-law) accepted me right away. We agreed that marriage was in our future, and talked about potential wedding dates.

September 8th - He proposed. I guess he felt like in order to surprise me, he had to act fast!

December 19th 2009 - Our Wedding!! Next month will be 3 years of wedded bliss (with all the ups and downs! But I'd still rather fight with him, that love anyone else!)

Editted for typos :smile:
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I knew the first time I saw him I wanted to marry him... my ex, that is.

Took it VERY slowly the next time... and have a wonderful husband/best friend.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I knew we were meant to be when he surprised me by celebrating our 1 month anniversary....We toasted and everything! Any guy who goes all out that early must be in love! :-P we will celebrate our 2 year anniversary in April!

Edit: still not married yet...getting there :P
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

Maybe if you try being a little more positive it could be in your future. :flowerforyou:
  • pbird65
    pbird65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get "love-struck" any day now!