Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options
123457»

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    ... no one is emotionally invested in their genitals...

I beg to differ.

Yeah, um especially trans* people can have a lot of emotion surrounding their genitals tyvm.

im emotionally invested in a lot of genitals.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*

Meh, she doesn't even know how to use their/there in a simple sentence, so I really don't think she gets "it".

Yes, I know...it's making me stabby.... :devil:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

Well, the OP spelled "vain" as "vein" and yet you still agree with her post.

Boom.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*

Even if I don't read it, it would still be on here, no?

Sure, but that's hurting you...how?
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow. The idea that the highly sexual centered posts are perfectly acceptable even though many may be offended, but one about religion gets reported and hated... baffled. And sad. Unbelievable..
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Actually, atheism is much simpler: it's the lack of belief in god or gods. Nothing to do with science.

Atheists are just lazy IMO. It's like not even putting a free chip down as the roulette wheel spins...

Ah. Pascal's Wager. Figured we'd come this way soon enough.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

I beg to differ.

Yeah, um especially trans* people can have a lot of emotion surrounding their genitals tyvm.

Okay, maybe I should have said pubic hair instead of genitals. I personally am more invested in my boyfriend's genitals than my own, but I have always identified with my birth-gender. :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

Meh, she doesn't even know how to use their/there in a simple sentence, so I really don't think she gets "it".

Yes, I know...it's making me stabby.... :devil:

ooooh out comes the grammar...

memes-pimp-my-grammar-nazi.jpg
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post!!!
  • fergusmcbubba
    Options
    Extremely interesting. I love this. Humans opening up on issues of faith. I have been on and am still on many boards and groups and I always find this issue so very entertaining. But, please do understand, I do respect each individuals faith, beliefs, ways of worship. I just find it entertaining when humans start discussing those faiths. And to me it is most definitely an issue of health. Mental health. Belief in a higher power, especially if those beliefs are of a positive nature, can definitely help humans in whatever undertaking they wish to pursue. I say go for it. Just be respectful..................................
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    That is as poor an explanation of atheism as the post is an explanation of Christianity. Both make one appear ignorant, but as a scientist I believe it's worse to appear ignorant of science. There was no explosion--explosions require oxygen. There was an expansion. Nothing 'magically rearranged'. All the building blocks of life were present and only one singularity was required to set in motion the evolution of single-celled organisms to the multi-cellular beings that inhabit the earth today. The reason? Because it is inevitable that an infinite system containing all necessary aspects of life would, at some point in the infinite measure of time, come together to form a membrane-bound cellular organism capable of producing energy and thereby reproducing of its own accord.

In any case, if you had been born in Delhi you'd probably be Hindu. You just so happened to be brought up Christian, so here you are. Your predisposition for this specific religion was nearly as inevitable as the spontaneous existence of life--an accumulation of coincidences.

You are my new hero! Someone with the ability to form an argument based on evidence and objective reasoning... you clearly have no place in this thread! ;)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

Even if I don't read it, it would still be on here, no?

Did your parents not tell you they love you enough as a kid?
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

If you aren't emotionally invested in your genitals you just aren't loving yourself the right way... time to get somebody else to love them for you! :bigsmile:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

Amusing for sure. See, people of faith do actually have a sense of humor.

Equally amusing was this someone posted on Facebook recently...

Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Not knocking atheism of course. Believe or don't believe whatever you want. Freedom. It's all of ours. Just thought I'd share some similar humor with you. :)

That is as poor an explanation of atheism as the post is an explanation of Christianity. Both make one appear ignorant, but as a scientist I believe it's worse to appear ignorant of science. There was no explosion--explosions require oxygen. There was an expansion. Nothing 'magically rearranged'. All the building blocks of life were present and only one singularity was required to set in motion the evolution of single-celled organisms to the multi-cellular beings that inhabit the earth today. The reason? Because it is inevitable that an infinite system containing all necessary aspects of life would, at some point in the infinite measure of time, come together to form a membrane-bound cellular organism capable of producing energy and thereby reproducing of its own accord.

In any case, if you had been born in Delhi you'd probably be Hindu. You just so happened to be brought up Christian, so here you are. Your predisposition for this specific religion was nearly as inevitable as the spontaneous existence of life--an accumulation of coincidences.

LOL If you knew the family I came from you'd realize there where I was brought up has absolutely nothing to do with my current belief system. But that's neither here nor there.

The HUMOROUS post I put about atheism was just joining in the fun of the HUMOROUS post about Christianity above it. I thought it was funny. So thought I'd share a similar funny thing. Just trying to lighten things up. Wasn't supposed to generate a scientific discussion. Or I would definintely have come better armed.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

I beg to differ.

Okay, maybe I should have said pubic hair instead of genitals. I personally am more invested in my boyfriend's genitals than my own, but I have always identified with my birth-gender. :)

:flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Going with the unpopular opinion here, but I agree, this post doesn't belong in this section.

It clearly violates the Forum Guidelines, and after reading what this thread has devolved into, I'm sure everyone can clearly understand why.

That being said, did I go out of my way to report it? Pft, no. It doesn't affect me at all, so why should I care? Oh, that's right....I don't.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options

Actually, atheism is much simpler: it's the lack of belief in god or gods. Nothing to do with science.

You rang? :bigsmile:
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi,

This topic has been locked for several reasons. First, while we do now permit the posting of religious threads in the main forums we strongly recommend posting these threads in a private group.

Secondly, this post has also been locked because of it's specific nature. It is not asking a question about religion it is seeking input and written for a certain group only. This is a violation of the guideline #15

Please let me know if you have any questions.

With Respect,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.