NEED Low Fat, Low Carb, Low Protein Diet advice!!!!

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Are there other varieties of hippies? "Garden variety" gets thrown around an awful lot.

No. Reference: Green movement

Makes sense. Thought there might be some "forest", "mountain", or "municipal park" varieties.
    Subsets. You learn these things when you get a degree in Science from Monty Python University
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Are there other varieties of hippies? "Garden variety" gets thrown around an awful lot.

Makes sense. Thought there might be some "forest", "mountain", or "municipal park" varieties.
    Subsets. You learn these things when you get a degree in Science from Monty Python University

Hey, poor boy! Go and have all your parties with all your new friends! I can see it now, Andrews. You and all the knee-jerk, bleeding-heart liberals, sipping tea and playing patty-cake. And those useless hippie pot-heads, those commie-pinko leftists. The bunny huggers, the pillow biters...
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Hey, poor boy! Go and have all your parties with all your new friends! I can see it now, Andrews. You and all the knee-jerk, bleeding-heart liberals, sipping tea and playing patty-cake. And those useless hippie pot-heads, those commie-pinko leftists. The bunny huggers, the pillow biters...
    Which ones are the pillow biters again?
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

Which ones are the pillow biters again?

The BUTT-PIRATES! And those beastly man-haters, tell those chicks to shave their pits then call me! And those goddamn whiny crybaby minorities, you can keep them all!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    alo, just another thing. I hate it when people troll and make these threads about crap that isn't even real. I come here for information and inspiration and have actually honest to god learned a few things from people speaking in the forums. Why do people make these joke threads that toss around misinformation for kicks???

You profile says your diet philosophy is "grains, 1g protein/lb LBM".... yay. You wasted my time, as well as any newbie on here who is just trying to figure out WTF to do to get in shape.

Let's unbunch your panties here.

There's no such thing as food that's low in protein, carbs and fat. There is no way to eat 1900 calories with no macronutrients. Sorry that it took you a while to figure that out.

Well, that was kinda exactly my point in asking you wtf you were talking about. But there are more macronutrients than just protein, fat, and carbs.

"IIFYM stands for If It Fits Your Macros

The word 'Macro' is short for Macro Nutrient, of which there are four: Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat & Fiber. IIFYM deals mostly with the first three of the macros, with less of an emphasis on fiber."

http://www.iifym.com/pages/1.-introduction-to-iifym
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have done low carb for for 10 months now and have lost 135 lbs. But you have to have the protein! My Dr. said not to pay too much attention to the fats, but to eat healty. I have done 25 carbs/1200 cals/no sugar. Bryers ice cream has a low carb that's really good, called Carb smart, for your sweet tooth. Lots of chicken, not breaded or fried, and fish, the same.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    alo, just another thing. I hate it when people troll and make these threads about crap that isn't even real. I come here for information and inspiration and have actually honest to god learned a few things from people speaking in the forums. Why do people make these joke threads that toss around misinformation for kicks???

You profile says your diet philosophy is "grains, 1g protein/lb LBM".... yay. You wasted my time, as well as any newbie on here who is just trying to figure out WTF to do to get in shape.

Let's unbunch your panties here.

There's no such thing as food that's low in protein, carbs and fat. There is no way to eat 1900 calories with no macronutrients. Sorry that it took you a while to figure that out.

Well, that was kinda exactly my point in asking you wtf you were talking about. But there are more macronutrients than just protein, fat, and carbs.

"IIFYM stands for If It Fits Your Macros

The word 'Macro' is short for Macro Nutrient, of which there are four: Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat & Fiber. IIFYM deals mostly with the first three of the macros, with less of an emphasis on fiber."

http://www.iifym.com/pages/1.-introduction-to-iifym

The only other macronutrient is Alcohol. It is technically a carbohydrate but processed differently than other carbohydrates, making it the 4th macronutrient, at 7cal/g. Fiber is not a macronutrient. It is a legit carbohydrate, though less digestible than the others, at roughly 2 cals/g of usable energy. For this reason, fiber is separated out as a subcategory of carbohydrates on nutritional labels, but included in the total carb count. Alcohol is not included in carbohydrate counts- though often people think that it is because often there are carbohydrates in alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and flavored liquors. If you look up in the database plain Vodka (Vodka-80 proof) is the 'official' correct entry, you will see all the macros are listed as "0" but there are 64 cals/oz.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Sounds horrid.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    this website lists water as a macronutrient: http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/food-composition/individual-macronutrients-phytonutrients-vitamins-minerals/macronutrients

lol.

I bet I could find some sort if Pica support network that also lists iron as a macronutrient!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm a bunny hugger. :angry:

So are you, bean!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    and if she isn't eating protein and she's squating 180, I'd really like to see the form used on the squat. Maybe she has high testosterone or something, but I just don't see how it's possible.
    She probably worked up to it. According to popular wisdom here on MFP, if you do a workout like 30 Day Shred or P90X while eating 1200 calories a day, you'll gain several pounds of muscle in a fairly short period of time. Sometimes even 30 minutes a day on the elliptical will help you pile on those slabs of muscle!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    and if she isn't eating protein and she's squating 180, I'd really like to see the form used on the squat. Maybe she has high testosterone or something, but I just don't see how it's possible.
    She probably worked up to it. According to popular wisdom here on MFP, if you do a workout like 30 Day Shred or P90X while eating 1200 calories a day, you'll gain several pounds of muscle in a fairly short period of time. Sometimes even 30 minutes a day on the elliptical will help you pile on those slabs of muscle!

Yep- I did 20 days of shredding and BOOM, squat SMASH! Didn't even need 30.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Hey- I've decided to become a breathairian. Ill be doing 2xBW squats...while levitating!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    PMSL Some of us Brits recognise a joke thread when they see one.:laugh: :laugh:

Thank you OP :love:

threadlovercat1-1.jpg
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    you forgot vinegar. Make sure to mix that fiber and vitamins with apple cider vinegar.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPgJjJPpbL84CSTwN2yfV-fgbcvz2lW12JfD7ORvZbVd1zM-vm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHriFMgE4hAok2GVzUtI7eILTy7oY9N0D1uBOVP7rcVQ7-FSryIQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI6CAo14Fhe-OwEpU5rGkoMEqR_GzVzNxCxMnMl8KTf27kwagSow
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Hey- I've decided to become a breathairian. Ill be doing 2xBW squats...while levitating!

That's pretty awesome. I've read about people who try to get all their nutrients from sunlight, but this is even better, as there's not much sun going on here this time of year! Plus the levitation thing is pretty cool.

Sidenote: I recently read the "Master Cleanse" book out of curiosity, and that guy talks about how you don't need protein because your body can make it from the nitrogen in air. I'm not even kidding about this a little bit.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What is happening here?!?!?!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I think you should make smoothies from vodka, vitamin tablets, red bull, painkillers and Metamucil

Drink before going to the gym. It will be the best workout ever!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I think you should make smoothies from vodka, vitamin tablets, red bull, painkillers and Metamucil

Drink before going to the gym. It will be the best workout ever!

I have visions of ambulance lights dancing in my head.
    Too bad sugarplums (whatever they are) sound like they have a lot of carbs.
    MmmmMM sugarplums.