NEED Low Fat, Low Carb, Low Protein Diet advice!!!!

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    NaCl with a good squirt of Mio, eaten in a bowl like cereal..... soooooo good!

That's a good point but it'll probably screw up hydration. Will need to down some diet cokes or something, or more mio.

Only as long as it's diet coke with aspartame and not splenda. Aspartame has more letters in it and sounds fancy so it has to be good for you.

Also, splenda claims to be made from real sugar so you probably should stick to aspartame or saccharine on that reason alone.

Exactly. Sugar is full of anti-nutrients and makes you fat. AVOID!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    All your suggestions so far have been amazing, but why the 1900 cals? I would suggest around the 400 mark, that way you'll lose the weight so much quicker and retain muscle at the same time.

I just don't understand these people that want to eat so much food. I feel full on 700 calories... any more and I'm just being greedy. Why would you want to slow your weightloss down when you could be losing 10lb per week? *smh*

Because muscle weighs more than fat.
  • ItsTheBeebs
    Options

That's a good point but it'll probably screw up hydration. Will need to down some diet cokes or something, or more mio.

Only as long as it's diet coke with aspartame and not splenda. Aspartame has more letters in it and sounds fancy so it has to be good for you.

Also, splenda claims to be made from real sugar so you probably should stick to aspartame or saccharine on that reason alone.

Wow first sensible thing you have said!
    Splenda is apparently bad for you, worse then actual sugar due to the high chemical content
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Your 'diet' doesn't need to be LOW carb/fat/protein, it just needs to be balanced. These are the 3 main things your body needs, why would you want to do without them?
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    All your suggestions so far have been amazing, but why the 1900 cals? I would suggest around the 400 mark, that way you'll lose the weight so much quicker and retain muscle at the same time.

I just don't understand these people that want to eat so much food. I feel full on 700 calories... any more and I'm just being greedy. Why would you want to slow your weightloss down when you could be losing 10lb per week? *smh*

I know, right???? People who eat so much are just gross, especially women!!! Ewwwww.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Wow first sensible thing you have said!
    Splenda is apparently bad for you, worse then actual sugar due to the high chemical content

That's silly. Everything is made of chemicals, including sugar. Who made you the judge of which chemicals are to be avoided? Splenda is SPLENDID!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Your 'diet' doesn't need to be LOW carb/fat/protein, it just needs to be balanced. These are the 3 main things your body needs, why would you want to do without them?
    By all of them being low how is that not balanced?
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Ahhhh I see.... so what you're actually trying to say is that 1lb of muscle weighs more than 1lb of fat. I get it now! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • ItsTheBeebs
    Options
    so a Honda is the same as a Ferrari? not that the fuel consumption is different, one has more power therefore needs more fuel to make it work properly?
    wow now i need to read a book on cars!!

He's got you there, dude-with-a-picture-of-skittles-for-your-avatar-on-a-fitness-site. I'm starting to think you aren't so legitimate after all. Give me back my credit card numbers!

You'll need to talk to Peggy about getting back your numbers.

This statement has gone straight over my head as we dont have Peggy in the UK.
    Unless you are referring to Peggy Mitchall from the popular soap 'Eastenders'?

You're calling people "stupid" and "infeasible" and you don't even know who Peggy is? SMH

i never used the word stupid to describe the OP, you have twisted my words there.
    Yes, i am a man who stands up to what he says, i did say unfeasible, that is due to the statement that was made to begin with. It really is unfeasible to have LOW everything while trying to get to a calorie goal of 1900!
    Like i also stated, we dont have anything, or associate anything with Peggy in the UK (that i am aware of) so this statement is irrelevant to me. However i feel mighty "stupid" but.....care explaining it to me?
    Now id wake up and smell what you are shovelling!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Ahhhh I see.... so what you're actually trying to say is that 1lb of muscle weighs more than 1lb of fat. I get it now! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
    I'm here to "help"
  • ItsTheBeebs
    Options

I'm here to "help"

Muscle has a higher density then fat, take a piece of muscle and fat the same size, weigh it and the muscle will be heavier
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you add dirt and human hair to your diet. They're both really low cal with no carbs and little protein. Best part? They're sugar free!!!

Judging by your profile pic, you're pretty fat so better get a move on.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ... why does all this have to be low? Why not a balanced diet with healthy fats, a decent carb range not consisting of white starches, and good protein sources? Just asking... especially on the protein one. Protein is kinda essential.
  • sjohnny
    Options

I'm here to "help"

Muscle has a higher density then fat, take a piece of muscle and fat the same size, weigh it and the muscle will be heavier

Exactly. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options

An easy way to remember it is that a lb of muscle is like a lb of lead, and the fat is like a lb of feathers. Of course 1lb of lead is gonna weigh more than 1lb of feathers...feathers are super light!

Oh, OP! you could eat feathers!! I don't think they have any fat or carbs, but they might have trace amounts of protein. Not sure though
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Exactly. Sugar is full of anti-nutrients and makes you fat. AVOID!

Oh Really? Can you explain this to me further?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I'm here to "help"

Exactly. Muscle weighs more than fat.
    True. Neither of which I want in my diet. So can we move on?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused...

The 3 MACROS are: FAT, CARBS and PROTEIN.... all foods fall into one of those catagories.
    You watch your MICRONUTRIENTS, to make sure you are getting appropriate Vitamins and Minerals

If my daily targets are:
    55% CARBS
    30% FAT
    15% PROTEIN

That equals 100%
    So if you go low-Carb and bring that down to 40% it means that my FAT or PROTEIN percentages will go up... because in the end, no matter how you slice it you're going to total out to 100%

PLANT BASED FATS
    I a big fan of fat's they are good for brain function and help prevent diabetes. Many of the MICRONUTRIENTS you need are fat soluable so if you don't have any fat in your diet your body can't access these nutrients.
    OMEGA-3s protect your heart.

COMPLEX CARBS
    Has more fiber to clean out your system and keeps you satisfied longer because it takes more time for you're body to process.
    Plus usually contains more MICRONUTRIENTS than refined carbs do.

LEAN PROTEIN
    If you eat animal proteins it's that SATURATED FATS that clog your arteries. You don't need to eliminate them, but a good ideas to be aware of and control your intake.

If your veggie. Remember the complimentary protein chart Mostly any whole grain paired with beans or cheese. So a balance of Amino Acids.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

An easy way to remember it is that a lb of muscle is like a lb of lead, and the fat is like a lb of feathers. Of course 1lb of lead is gonna weigh more than 1lb of feathers...feathers are super light!

Oh, OP! you could eat feathers!! I don't think they have any fat or carbs, but they might have trace amounts of protein. Not sure though

Haha @ the logic......1lb of lead weighs the same as 1lb of feathers....1lb is 1lb is 1lb......or course it will take a much larger VOLUME of feathers to weigh 1lb than the volume of lead to weigh 1lb.
  • sjohnny
    Options

You could eat small quantities of lead also - mineral are important. Women should limit their lead consumption. Men should eat more lead for their pencils.