Anyone else have big thighs?

Options
My thighs disgust me so much. They have always been big and I hate it, and they are like disproportional to the rest of me. It's been so hard to get them to shrink down, they've only shrunk an inch after months of dieting and exercising (although I have mostly been yo-yo dieting until recently) The fat on there doesn't want to budge at all. I would like them to shrink down at least 4 more inches. I know you can't spot reduce, but has anyone found anything that has helped your thighs shrink if you naturally have big thighs that don't wanna budge?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I hear your thighs and hips are the last place that fat reduces from in women. I have only lost one inch from my thighs too, but mine are starting to look more toned since I've been doing pop-pilates workouts that focus on toning the thighs.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've only lost an inch off each thigh since I started 3 months ago but they look smaller because of all the exercises I'm doing....diet and exercise play their own unique role so stick with it :) good luck :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Like you said, you can't spot reduce. Just keep losing fat and you'll eventually lose weight from your thighs too.
  • VelvetAcidVixen
    Options
    I gain in my thighs. My thighs are still pretty meaty now (see profile picture lol), but I don't mind them. It's just my body type, so I rock it. :-)

They got quite a bit smaller when I started strength training - barbell squats, lunges, deadlift, etc. Strength training + diet to keep body fat low is the only thing that works for me.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat
  • carlywoo87
    carlywoo87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think i need to start with the squats i can tell i have lost weight on my thighs but they are still huge :(
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat

Exactly this.

Squat, Lunge and Repeat.. Your legs will thank you.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you look young. I used to have fat thighs too, now that I'm in my forties all my extra fat sits on my tummy. Does anyone else have a muffin top?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My thighs are HUGE for my size. I really hate it--more than i can even express but there's nothing I can do about it. So...yeah ((sigh)) ugh!

Oh and squats only make them bigger. Just my $.02. My thighs and toosh expand with weight lifting but I do it anyway. So I guess I'm partly to blame.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I am definitely booty-thigh-licious, and my husband ADORES it...just marry the right man, and be strong and healthy.:bigsmile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs too.. no matter the amount of exercise you do, you won't really be able to change your overall body proportion.. (unless you become bone thin..) If you're pear shape, you're pear shape.

That isn't to say you can't lose weight there (though it is true it is one of the last places that likes to cooperate), just you won't get rid of your body shape really. It's a think I'm starting to come to terms with.. even when I weighed 120lbs.. I still had big hips, thighs and butt.. -_-
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and I love them. Without my hips and thighs, I wouldn't be curvy. :flowerforyou:

Heavy squats didn't make my thighs any bigger, but they did make my quads just above my knees bigger. I think it looks better having muscular legs, all over, than thinner legs with fat just at the top.
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my bum and thighs are the problem area, always have been. In fact my entire waist is only 4 inches thicker than ONE THIGH. Thats just wrong. What I find helps is calisthenics, the leg exercises I do three times a week, coupled with leg stuff at the gym. I dont have access to a class where I am now, but ballet really works the thighs too. I hate my thighs, they've gotten smaller but are way out of proportion to my waist, thich I think makes tham look even worse. Good luck, and If you find anything else that really works PM me (please!).
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I know how you feel, my bum and thighs are the problem area, always have been. In fact my entire waist is only 4 inches thicker than ONE THIGH. Thats just wrong. What I find helps is calisthenics, the leg exercises I do three times a week, coupled with leg stuff at the gym. I dont have access to a class where I am now, but ballet really works the thighs too. I hate my thighs, they've gotten smaller but are way out of proportion to my waist, thich I think makes tham look even worse. Good luck, and If you find anything else that really works PM me (please!).

Mine is actually the same. Waist = 4 inches larger than one thigh.
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    Don't worry, you look young. I used to have fat thighs too, now that I'm in my forties all my extra fat sits on my tummy. Does anyone else have a muffin top?

Ummmm...I have a feeling that profile pic is not her...if it is, there is no way her thighs could be "disgusting".
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yep but I don't hate them -- I wish clothes could be made for those of us with hip & thigh (junk inthe trunk) that fit better. I know I am strong because of my thighs. They are very muscular and its hard to get them thinner even when I weighed 100 pounds and had almost no fat on my body.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am losing the last of my weight and I have fat mostly left on my tummy and.....THIGHS/HIPS. My stomach is now shrinking but my thighs will be the last to go. My thighs are also large in comparison to my lower legs... haha I have always been that way but thick thighs doesn't have to be a bad thing just work on toning your legs thighs and inner thighs and I'm sure you will look great :)
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    Yep but I don't hate them -- I wish clothes could be made for those of us with hip & thigh (junk inthe trunk) that fit better. I know I am strong because of my thighs. They are very muscular and its hard to get them thinner even when I weighed 100 pounds and had almost no fat on my body.

There is a SUPER easy tailoring fix for this. Buy pants that fit your "junk", then have the waistline tailored to fit. I actually purchased some thriftstore pants, and took a crack at this at home...not too hard, even if you can barely work the sewing machine(like me:).