Anyone else have big thighs?

Options

Replies

• hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This woman definitely has legs to drool over.

Strong is the new skinny, and strong legs are sexier than hell!

Develop-Strong-And-Powerful-Legs-With-Jump-Squats.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My thighs are bigger than i'd like - 22" - but I've lost 10" off them in 16 months so I'm pleased. They look quite nice from the side, but it's my inner thigh I hate, it's too wobbly for my liking! Lots more squats, lunges, spinning etc needed I think!

My waist is 30" and my hips 41", so I suppose I'm in proportion, and i'm losing weight off each of them at the same rate more or less.

They sound like they're on the smaller side to me.

Really? I guess they're not massive, but my inner thigh needs more toning. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a shorter skirt without tights.

Considering the size of your hips--very much so. The difference on me is about 10 inches--you've got a 19 inch difference. Then your waist is 8 inches bigger-mine is 4 inches larger. proportionally it sounds like your thighs are on the smaller side. My thighs are only an inch smaller than yours and I'm 4'11.

Ok, i'm 5'6". Thanks, you've made me feel a lot better about my thighs :smile:

Hopefully when I lose all the weight I want my waist will be around 28", my hips 39" and my thighs 20", or something like that!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
  • VelvetAcidVixen
    Options

Are you Scandinavian or German descent? Large legs kinda run in the genetics of those descended from these regions .

Interesting, I didn't know that but it explains a lot. ;-)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The_Dizzle, your hip-to-thigh ratio is beautiful. I may get drop kicked for saying this but I don't think the whole SpongeBob Squarepants look on women is that attractive (wide hip to skinny leg ratio). Keep crushing it in the gym and looking awesome.

But yes, Chun Li waist-to-thighs trumps Spongbebob SquarePants waist-to-thighs any day.
    2a7eiaa.png
    9aml49.png
    <
    big thighs. I haven't measured them in quite some time because I don't want to see a big number and let the world tell me I'm gross because I don't fit some societal pressurized "norm" (that isn't really a norm). I eat, I jump. I squat. I deadlift. Big numbers. While my legs aren't supermodel legs...they are STRONG. They are beautiful in their own way. They might not look great in shorts yet (darn things always hit me at the widest point on my legs)...but oh well. The upper inner thigh fat is stubborn and doesn't wanna go away. That's my fault - because I'm not a fan of big deficit eating so my fat loss is taking much longer than it could if I just reigned it in.

I'm a woman and women were designed to carry some extra fat in the thighs. Other cultures adore that little bit of fat but for some reason America allows Hollywood to tell us how we should look, which tries to stunt our growth at about age 14. Uhm no.

So - train your legs (heavy lifting is lovely but I've seen some runners and cyclists with fantastic legs as well) and eat better, your body will respond. Just be patient with your thighs - they need love too! :D
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    From the opposite perspective....

My goal is to try and balance out my lower body with my upper body, as my legs are on the smaller side. I don't think that my physique is very womanly. Broad shoulders, and I carry my fat in my shoulders, arms, upper back and stomach. I would give anything to have a smaller upper body, and larger hips and thighs, but that's just not how I'm built. In the meantime, I can keep lifting heavy and training and eating to keep changing body composition. The shape of my body is verrrry gradually changing. I have always wished it was different, though. Everyday I still mentally work on appreciating my body for what it is, as well as my physical training. The mental stuff is important too, instead of just looking at yourself in the mirror and hating certain parts. That's no way to live your life.

And the grass is always greener on the other side, always! We always want what we don't have.

Learn to appreciate your bodies instead for what they are, and what they can do. Big legs on a woman are beautiful and strong and I am envious of them. My favourite is Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet. Look at those thighs... they are incredible.

Camille+Leblanc+Bazinet+02.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Camille+Leblanc+Bazinet+02.jpg

OMG...

passes out.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    <
    My thighs....I like it!
  • priyashah
    Options
    I honestly won't worry about size if you are in good weight range. Just work on toning up. Check out pictures of Shakira, J-Lo, Beyonce- they all have curvy bodies and larger thighs- but they have toned themselves so well- that they all look great!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes?! I have enormous thighs combined with a flat *kitten*. It's rather annoying.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like my 21" thighs way better than my 18" thighs.

1998-copy.jpg

I also think my biceps now are significantly larger than my calves were back then. :blushing:
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Don't worry, you look young. I used to have fat thighs too, now that I'm in my forties all my extra fat sits on my tummy. Does anyone else have a muffin top?

Muffin top, thunder thighs, reverse Popeye arms (when the spinach wears out and the arms sag). However, I have managed to lose a lot of the muffin and all of my second chin. My arms and thighs are getting smaller too, but it is a long and ridiculously slow process.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Queen of big thighs writing in here.... presently, my waist is 23" around and each thigh is 21" around. Yikes! (Earlier along in my fitness journey, my thighs were individually larger than my waist.) Thankfully, they are shrinking.

At any rate, my point is that my thighs are slowly but surely shrinking. Here's what's working for me: running and squats. I did squats all through my weight loss process with limited success. But combined with jogging/running, I'm seeing better results.

But my new goal for my thighs is just that they be muscular. I have learned to accept the fact that I will always carry my weight in my thighs -- you've gotta rock em!

Best wishes!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My thighs are bigger than i'd like - 22" - but I've lost 10" off them in 16 months so I'm pleased. They look quite nice from the side, but it's my inner thigh I hate, it's too wobbly for my liking! Lots more squats, lunges, spinning etc needed I think!

My waist is 30" and my hips 41", so I suppose I'm in proportion, and i'm losing weight off each of them at the same rate more or less.

They sound like they're on the smaller side to me.

Really? I guess they're not massive, but my inner thigh needs more toning. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a shorter skirt without tights.

Considering the size of your hips--very much so. The difference on me is about 10 inches--you've got a 19 inch difference. Then your waist is 8 inches bigger-mine is 4 inches larger. proportionally it sounds like your thighs are on the smaller side. My thighs are only an inch smaller than yours and I'm 4'11.

Ok, i'm 5'6". Thanks, you've made me feel a lot better about my thighs :smile:

Hopefully when I lose all the weight I want my waist will be around 28", my hips 39" and my thighs 20", or something like that!

I am 5 6" have a 28 1/2" waist and, 39" butt and 24" thighs. So my waist and butt are about 2" smaller but my thighs are 2" bigger - so I would also say yours a small. Mine are not small by any stretch of the imagination, but I do not think they are disproportionate and they help me squat and deadlift some heavy arsed weights - so it's all good.
  • kclu787
    Options
    Britney, Mines are big and I hate them too. Squats and Spinning are helping shrink and tone them. I still have work to do but its working! So dont give up. :happy:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

1998-copy.jpg

I also think my biceps now are significantly larger than my calves were back then. :blushing:

I love that you have all of these old clothes. It's fantastic! Oh and you look great (of course)!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    <
    My thighs....I like it!

I'm confused. Big? Small? Perfect?
  • priyashah
    Options

1998-copy.jpg

You look fabulous! I agree- healthy and toned is so much better!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I was actually sad that I lost so much from my thighs. When I was at my highest, I can't say I was 100% happy with them, but then they hit a point that I was OK with, and I was really sad when they just kept shrinking. I like my big thighs and my muscular calfs and my huge feet (despite how annoying it is to find good shoes that don't cost an arm and a leg and the fact that I trip over them ALL the time). I think it comes from growing up in a family of runners.

I guess what I'm saying is that they'll probably shrink, but I don't think big thighs are anything to hate.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I find sugar and excessive carbohydrate intake make me gain around the stomach and back, animal fats make me gain around the thighs and upper arms.

Food type does not determine where you store fat, genetics do.