Anyone else have big thighs?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. My waist is twice the size of my thighs. Losing 27 pounds, I lost 2 inches off each thigh, 6 inches off my hips and only 2 inches from my abdomen. I am a pumpkin with skinny legs.
    Growing up, my sister and I were opposite body types completely. She was jealous of my skinny hips and thighs and I was jealous of her skinny waist. None of us are completely happy with our bodies, and buying pants that fit me is impossible. I always fit boys jeans better.

Enjoy your hourglass figure and learn to dress in ways that compliment it. There is no such thing as the perfect woman.

22 inch thighs 43 inch waist. :grumble:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You say you know you cannot spot reduce but then you are asking how to. Keep losing the body fat, it will come off eventually. Strengthen you legs by doing weighted squats, lunges, deadlifts and hill sprints. Most importantly - be patient.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I find sugar and excessive carbohydrate intake make me gain around the stomach and back, animal fats make me gain around the thighs and upper arms.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    just saying, i like a girl with strong legs.

squat and dead lift.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Newsflash, men really like strong fit legs... including nice quads.

LIft, eat, and love your body. Its strong and its the only one you've got.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yup. My big thighs are squishy and cute.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I find sugar and excessive carbohydrate intake make me gain around the stomach and back, animal fats make me gain around the thighs and upper arms.

What?!?! I seriously doubt that's true.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My thighs are bigger than i'd like - 22" - but I've lost 10" off them in 16 months so I'm pleased. They look quite nice from the side, but it's my inner thigh I hate, it's too wobbly for my liking! Lots more squats, lunges, spinning etc needed I think!

My waist is 30" and my hips 41", so I suppose I'm in proportion, and i'm losing weight off each of them at the same rate more or less.

They sound like they're on the smaller side to me.

Really? I guess they're not massive, but my inner thigh needs more toning. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a shorter skirt without tights.

Considering the size of your hips--very much so. The difference on me is about 10 inches--you've got a 19 inch difference. Then your waist is 8 inches bigger-mine is 4 inches larger. proportionally it sounds like your thighs are on the smaller side. My thighs are only an inch smaller than yours and I'm 4'11.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my bum and thighs are the problem area, always have been. In fact my entire waist is only 4 inches thicker than ONE THIGH. Thats just wrong. What I find helps is calisthenics, the leg exercises I do three times a week, coupled with leg stuff at the gym. I dont have access to a class where I am now, but ballet really works the thighs too. I hate my thighs, they've gotten smaller but are way out of proportion to my waist, thich I think makes tham look even worse. Good luck, and If you find anything else that really works PM me (please!).

Mine is actually the same. Waist = 4 inches larger than one thigh.

Mine,too. Thigh is 24'' and waist is about 28...annoying. Have to find pants for thighs first and then hope the waist isn't TOO big...hate buying jeans...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I like my big thighs. Without them I couldn't run as far, jump as high and squat as deep.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

What?!?! I seriously doubt that's true.

science.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and I love them. As a matter of fact Im working on getting them bigger and toned.
    If u want yours smaller,,I would recommend cardio at least 3X's a week for 45 mins and do body weight squats and lunges. U can even use the ball if u need help balancing. If u have gym access use the hip ab and adductor machines twice a week. Nothings over night, so give it time. In the mean time love your body and it'll love u back!!!
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My thighs are hips are huge in comparison to my waist! I started spinning last week, heres hoping to smaller thighs!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Not anymore!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    its always been a issue with me, at the moment im a 12 in the hip but a 14 in the thighs, i got some curves" they only time they do shrink is when im super lean on my upper and then the fat gets attacked down there cos i got nothing left on top. ive given up on my thighs being small it aint gunna happen, i concentrate now on gettn them toned
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    yep....big thighs ever since puberty!!!!!...before that I was lean and the tallest in my class...LOL...I haven't grown UP since that day when I had my first period....LOL...I was 9 then....I am only 4 ft 11 ins now and am 61 years old....even when I was at 125 lbs, my thighs were big

I just read a few of the previous posts...I AM FROM GERMAN descent...and all the women in my family are short and heavy, with heavy thighs.... I have also been fighting my weight all my life...
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Sorry if these ideas are double posts. There's 2 things I've learned with my thunder thighs in life.

#1 - Progesterone versus Estrogen
    Most women are dominant in either progesterone or estrogen. Ever notice that women can tend to carry weight in their upper bodies (larger busts), or lower bodies (smaller bust and wide hips)? The theory is that ESTROGEN-DOMINANT women carry weight in their hips and legs (based on hormone systems), while PROGESTERONE-DOMINANT women carry weight in their busts and upper body, with less defined hips.
    Think banana and boyish shapes as progesterone, hourglass and pear shapes as estrogen.
    Estrogen dominant and wanting to balance out? Two things: go on a low carb, high fat diet to manipulate insulin (commander of hormones and fat storage) to mitigate the dominant hormone.
    Or you can take supplements that help support hormone excretion, such as evening primrose oil.

#2 - Spot INCREASE, not DECREASE
    Everyone says work out your legs if you don't like how large they are/fat they are, ect. But what IF you're working out just fine and have noticed that they just won't shrink due to genetics/other causes?
    How about working out your abdomen, arms, and shoulders to create the illusion of a balanced, hourglass shape? Especially pears, manipulating your upper body muscle definition will visibly balance you out as well as regulate your workout regimen.
    What does this look like? Pull-ups, sit ups, planks, bench-pressing, ect.

Hope this helps, and again, sorry if it's been mentioned already!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Big thigh ladies rock!!!
  • mmilovich13
    mmilovich13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ugh! thighs.... it's so stinking hard for my to target them and I would LOVE a pair of jeans to make it more the 6 months without busting out!! along with my dieting and exersising I use Ultimate Body Applicators and Defining Gel from It Works! to help aid in my efforts. These products are awesome! bodywrapkitsap.myitworks.com
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Are you Scandinavian or German descent? Large legs kinda run in the genetics of those descended from these regions .

Oh yeah, this plays a huge role! (40% Finnish) :sad: