Wheat - Unhealthy or just evil?

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If white bread is bad for you and wheat bread is evil, what the heck am I supposed to make a friggin' sandwich out of???

Sliced cucumbers?? LOL

I LOVE BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    ONE! ONE POT STIRRED! AH HA HA AH HAAAAAA!
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's evil is yourself. And by yourself I mean a person in general, and their choices and portion sizes of what they eat. You're your own enemy when it comes to food.

Really?
    I'd like to think my future body will thank my present self's consideration to reducing my exposure to advanced glycation end-products, high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and bad fats. I feel like my own best friend when it comes to food. I feed the body good stuff, it thanks me by making me not feel awful. Symbiosis.
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ONE! ONE POT STIRRED! AH HA HA AH HAAAAAA!

You... You sir just made me laugh. Bravo.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If white bread is bad for you and wheat bread is evil, what the heck am I supposed to make a friggin' sandwich out of???

KFC got it right with the double down. Use two chicken breasts for the bun.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    My only complaint is that they don't GMO wheat to solve more issues. MOAR GMO!!!!!

Maybe they could GMO it to remove gluten?

Or we could GMO some bacteria to take in pill form and eat the gluten right from our bellies. That way bread will still have a delicious chewy texture. :)

I feel like you might be a troll....
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    You post this comment everywhere. It's becoming the equivalent of bacon comments.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My only complaint is that they don't GMO wheat to solve more issues. MOAR GMO!!!!!

Or we could GMO some bacteria to take in pill form and eat the gluten right from our bellies. That way bread will still have a delicious chewy texture. :)

No, it's true that gluten makes all the difference in terms of the texture of bread. It's the primary reason to knead the dough.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

ARE YOU CALLING ME UGLY?!?

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    You post this comment everywhere. It's becoming the equivalent of bacon comments.
    Ah, crap. Think so?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    That way bread will still have a delicious chewy texture. :)
    Like perfectly-cooked human flesh.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    <
    one year of wheat consumption = wheat belly

Fire Rock, Sometimes i look at these posts just to see what you'e said. :D
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I :heart: wheat
    I eat it daily, it fuels my runs.
    Also, as with a previous poster, you may evaluate my "wheat belly" if you so wish. :smooched:
    Have a happy day.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    <
    one year of wheat consumption = wheat belly

Fire Rock, Sometimes i look at these posts just to see what you'e said. :D

but mostly you look to learn useful information from me.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I read several major reports by big research organizations and I am thuroughly convinced that consuming wheat is unhealthy in every way. So I ask you, is wheat unhealthy or just plain evil? Thoughts?

I don't eat grains.
    But you won't make any friends not eating grains here. Grains are the crack cocaine of the general MFP forum user. To each their own, but I'm free from that addiction.

^^^ Listen to this guy. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I'm free of that addiction too, and it is AWESOME how AWESOME I feel. And no, I don't have Celiac, but IMO, it's true that MANY more people are intolerant of grains than we know. You go through life thinking you feel GOOD, until the day when you feel GREAT and realize "good" was just "okay." Eliminating grains did that for me.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    No.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really just wish people would decide what is right for them and stop trying to convince the universe. You are wasting your time and ours.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have suffered from IBS and GERD for nearly 10 years and since gutting out gluten I have had far fewer problems.

It took me several years to figure out my triggers but anyone who suffers from the above problems I would definitely recommend trying to go Gluten free.

I have literally never had so much energy in my adult life. I always had severe lethargy in the mornings but now I get up and go to the gym, no problem!

I am a gluten free convert, I have since found out I have quite a strong intolerance so I am not avoiding it to be fashionable.

Give it a go!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

KFC got it right with the double down. Use two chicken breasts for the bun.

Well, that's one way to up my protein, isn't it?
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I like my Gluten FRIEDDD :smokin: