200+ (Week 17) "Fling Into Spring" Begins!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    You guy crack me up - all I could picture was black eyes from bouncing girls as I checked posts and ate my quick lunch. I smiled all the way to my next client. I wear a sports bra and a sport tank during running. I really don't do anything else (due to knee trouble) that makes them bounce. I agree with everyone that fat and 130 should not be used in the same sentence. If that's the case what does that make us 200+ chicks - elephants? Who knows how we will feel when we get to our goals. It really is a matter of self image and self confidence. Enough said. Someone asked about how we run. Due to weather most of my running is on the treadmill. Several afternoons I have gotten to run outside. I much prefer to run outside and it is easier. The first time, I went way to fast and couldn't go nearly as far but I had a great 1 mile time. I lurked and researched the running threads to figure what to do about it. The solution was to make a conscious effort to slow down. The next few times, I started what I thought was really slow but actually ended up beating my treadmill time and still had energy. But, boy those hills are tough. They recommend on race day you also make a conscious effort to slow down or you burn out pretty quickly into the race. April can't get here soon enough. I want to try a race. It's great to see everyone so posting so much today. I have to check some other posts and get ready to go out again:grumble: (late night client's suck)...
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    :huh: In 20 minutes I get to leave for the gym. Tonight will be my first offical C25K night. I CAN do 20 minutes of running/walking intervals. It will hurt but I can do it, lol.
    Also when I ran the last time (for the first time) on the treadmill on Monday at the gym I did not notice my breaststs bouncing. Funny. Now I am sure I will tonight, hehehe. I only wear a sports bra and tshirt. Or maybe it was because I was so concentrated on my breathing so I didn't get that side wrenching ache.

Has anyone downloaded the podcasts for the program?? I thought I might try one to see if it helps or not. Because looking at the seconds tick off on the treadmill is seriously a killer.

Oh and I'm glad I didn't see that post about being fat at 133. I might have said something undesirable. :huh:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    also, opted for a veggie burger from burger king today....no mayo....:sick:

they HAVE those?!?!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    :huh: In 20 minutes I get to leave for the gym. Tonight will be my first offical C25K night. I CAN do 20 minutes of running/walking intervals. It will hurt but I can do it, lol.

GOOD LUCK!!

(although by the time I am posting and you will read this, you should have already done it so...)

GOOD JOB!!! :bigsmile:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    also, opted for a veggie burger from burger king today....no mayo....:sick:

they HAVE those?!?!

Yup, and they are so sick!!!! EEEWWWWW!!!
  • cds2327
    Options
    Also when I ran the last time (for the first time) on the treadmill on Monday at the gym I did not notice my breaststs bouncing. Funny. Now I am sure I will tonight, hehehe. I only wear a sports bra and tshirt. Or maybe it was because I was so concentrated on my breathing so I didn't get that side wrenching ache.

Has anyone downloaded the podcasts for the program?? I thought I might try one to see if it helps or not. Because looking at the seconds tick off on the treadmill is seriously a killer.

Oh and I'm glad I didn't see that post about being fat at 133. I might have said something undesirable. :huh:

good for you!!!! it gets better, and burns those calories!!!

yeah, i had to withhold myself from pitying the poor fat 130 pounder.
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    I think I have a lot more weight than you guys have to lose, so if you want me to go find another post, I will. :blushing: By the time I finally reach my goal, you'd all already be at maintenance for years! :ohwell: I am forty pounds away from Twoderville. :frown:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ohh, ladies.. my scale pissed in my cheerios!! I weighed in at 221 (???!!!) today!!??:sad: Seriously. How was I 219 yesterday and 221 today. I went over my cals by 43.. thats not much.. and today i caved in and bought an XL coffee an a huge cookie.. But I only ate half:embarassed: , and I will give the other half to my babes. Ugghhh, one step forward, two steps back
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I think I have a lot more weight than you guys have to lose, so if you want me to go find another post, I will. :blushing: By the time I finally reach my goal, you'd all already be at maintenance for years! :ohwell: I am forty pounds away from Twoderville. :frown:
    Anna, We can all use the support of others while going through our journey...no matter how many pounds we desire to lose.... I hope you stay.....I really love the support!! :bigsmile:
  • pinbotchick
    Options

We superheros welcome everyone and will stay on to keep supporting you even if our dreams come true and we ever reach our goal weights. I feel this board and MFP are very inspirational and I couldn't have come as far as I have without it. Thanks ladies :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am with Nikki and want to say death to scales this morning. But, I know it's not the scales fault. Bookclub was last night and someone brought Kettle chips. I had not one but 2 servings and went way over on salt :blushing: :sad: :blushing: They were really good. It was like someone had Kryptonite in the room and I just couldn't resist (*sigh*).

Lacey - I used the podcasts from Steve Ullery - it's techno music but I liked it. It helped for the first 6 weeks. Once I got into the long runs 20+ min, I switched to a book on tape. I tend to count steps when I am on the treadmill. I haven't tried it but some people suggest you put a towel over the numbers on the treadmill. Okay my blond is coming out as I obsess over the scale this morning. Twice now I have typed scale instead of treadmill. I should have put a towel over the scale numbers this morning:grumble:

Have a good day. I have to do some paperwork before leaving at 8 this morning. Exercise will have to wait until later. I hope it's 30 again today so I can try running outside. I so wished yesterday had been a running day - it was warm and sunny.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Nikki- if you weigh everyday, there is bound to be some fluctuation depending on what you ate the previous day. if it was higher sodium, or just heavier foods, or you ate later in the day... all can affect it. Don't worry about the 2 pounds... you'll probably stabilize out. I weigh myself every day too, so I can't say much. I get frustrated when it goes up a bit, but as long as it's just in the couple pound range, I know it's probably just fluctuation. Just look at the downward trend!

mrsbojangles- you are SO welcome here! Everyone needs the support, no matter where they are in their weight loss journey!
    I haven't tried it but some people suggest you put a towel over the numbers on the treadmill. Okay my blond is coming out as I obsess over the scale this morning. Twice now I have typed scale instead of treadmill. I should have put a towel over the scale numbers this morning
    :laugh: SO TRUE! When I have to run a longer distance, I like to read something, so a magazine is normally covering the numbers. I find that I obsess over them other wise. It was fine when I was running/walking at shorter intervals, but with the longer runs, I need to find a way to not look at the number.

lacey- I downloaded c25k mixes from nicole.... I can't remember the website off the top of my head, and I don't have access to it on this computer, but if you go back in our threads (it might have even been this week or last), I know I linked to it. it's more modern music... stuff to keep me moving. not much talking, just a 5-4-3-2-1-song change cue when it's time to transition from run to walk and walk to run. That's all I really needed. Now that I'm just running straight through as I'm in the latter weeks, I just use my own music. There are several good podcasts/playlists out there. If you go to the main c25k site, there are forums, which I think had some links for playlist pages.

Yesterday was not the best day for me. My old winterguard instructor was in town and we went out to eat at this yummy Cuban restaurant in town. Sodium overload! It was so yummy though. Definitely over the calories for the day. I was surprised when I wasn't up much in weight this morning. I did go to the rec center and do day 2 of c25k. It was a bit more painful than on Tuesday, I think because I didn't have a rest day like I normally do.

The plan is for after my meeting on north campus to do the final day of week 7 so I'm back on schedule. It could change though. i'm terribly exhausted. Between the lack of sleep (olympics, why do you have to go till midnight? 6:30am? why do you have to come so early?) and pushing myself hard on the treadmill 2 days in a row, I'm pretty beat. I would really like to push through today though. Especially as it's last chance workout for the week! I normally would like to do the c25k workout and then another 30 minutes on either the elliptical or bike, but I'll have to get one hell of a second wind this evening to do that. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday and last chance workout! Remember, I'll post later this evening that there's a new thread where we can post our weigh-ins tomorrow. This has been a marathon of a posting week for us. Yay for newbies and reinvigoration!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday before Friday everyone! I am trying to get back into things and one way for me is to be on MFP during the day. It keeps me in line. Tonight I vow to either use my treadmill or Wii fit. How is everyone today?
  • cds2327
    Options
    ohh, ladies.. my scale pissed in my cheerios!! I weighed in at 221 (???!!!) today!!??:sad: Seriously. How was I 219 yesterday and 221 today. I went over my cals by 43.. thats not much.. and today i caved in and bought an XL coffee an a huge cookie.. But I only ate half:embarassed: , and I will give the other half to my babes. Ugghhh, one step forward, two steps back

Nikki!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to stop weighing yourself everyday. weight fluctuates each day depending on sodium intake, water retention, and us just plain being women. If i weighed myself every day I'd cry every night. Once a week babe!!!!
    hang in there, as quickly as it went up ...... it will go down!:flowerforyou:
  • cds2327
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great Thursday and last chance workout! Remember, I'll post later this evening that there's a new thread where we can post our weigh-ins tomorrow. This has been a marathon of a posting week for us. Yay for newbies and reinvigoration!
    [/quote]

Totally....talk about getting a second wind!! I'm so proud of all of us.

I'm shooting for an hour on the tready today. not all running (good lord, i'd fall off). Also, I was thinking about getting some resistance bands today and trying those out. those cute tank tops and sundresses won't be pretty with bat wings. And, i'm sick of slappin myself in the face when i dry my hair.
    speaking of hair....i really need to get a haircut soon.

and, i cheated last night and had a small piece of chocolate cake...it was yummy. managed to stay under my calories (planned it that way). i know they were bad calories, but you gotta indulge once in awhile.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lristina & CDS
    I know I shouldn't weigh in every day.. but I have a secret.. I am becoming obsessed with the scale.. I weigh in like 4 times a day, just to watch myself fluctuate.. I hope I'll be down tomorrow, but if not, I'll be down next week. Thank you soooo much from the bottom of my heart ladies! without you's I'd still be 238!!!
  • cds2327
    Options
    I did it ladies!!!! My goal for the day was to get on the tready for 60 minutes, and I DID IT!!!!
    633 calories destroyed!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm very proud of myself!!

And to all the newbies here, we all just started out 200+, some of us are getting closer to being 200-, but we are all trying to accomplish the same thing here. your all welcome and supported here!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I'm so guilty of the "weighing in" addiction.....hard to stop, but it is interesting to see what shoots it up...dang sodium...why do you have to be in everything?????
    I was pretty proud of myself last night, after my son's wrestling match, it was pretty late and we were an hour from home, so Hubby and son wanted to eat out....I wasn't so thrilled....I had brought string cheese and bananas and a few no-bake cookies that I had made the day before...I offered them to hubby and son thinking that would do it until we got home....heck, we wern't through the stop light:laugh: :laugh: , growing boy who wrestles....eats a lot!! So he wanted chicken at Arby's......we stopped, but I had my fiber water, banana and I was fine until I got home...I steamed up some, broccoli, cauliflower and zuchinni and had that after I got home....I was very pleased with myself....oh by the way super heros...if you haven't tried them yet....I love those microwave steam bags...throw in your veggies, add seasonings, steam 4-5 minutes....enjoy...no mess!!

I need to get back to town for groceries...we are out of TP....the lists goes on.....I got my last chance workout over and I feel pretty good...hopefully the scale will be happy too!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options

no no!! you must stay here with us!! It doesn't matter how much you need to lose! We all have a long journey. And I am a slow loser so you might just pass me in weight loss! lol
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I have stopped weighing myself daily, at least for this week. I know I am doing good and don't want to get discouraged to see the up flux. Plus its TOM time again so that throws everything out of whack.

All that being said, since I hadn't weighed myself in a while, I weighed this morning....I was 233.4! :noway: I hope it stays till tomorrow but I doubt it. I'm having to meet Joey tonight to get our taxes done and since I'm not sure how long that will take, I'm not sure I will go to the gym tonight.

stupid man
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    This working thing sucks. I miss all the action all day. You guys have been busy posting away. I took a walk outside but have yet to get on the treadmill. My addiction to MFP is getting in the way. I need to run tonight since mom and I are going away tomorrow for some girl time to bird watch and shop. We think we will be home Sat night but if we're having fun we may stay until Sunday.

The scale is another addiction. I get on it every morning and it does go up and down. Most of the week I liked it but today I was back to where I was last Friday. I hope tomorrow brings a good number. I guess that's my self motivation to go burn some calories.

Blombie - good luck on the taxed and with seeing Joey. Not much longer until you get the house back.

Deb - way to go with all that working out today and making good food choices. I need to try those steamer bags. I use a small steaming pot and it takes up 1/2 rack in the dishwasher.

cd - 633 cal:noway: The most I've ever burned on it 534. You rock.

nikki - I understand the scale thing but maybe you should put it away for a week or limit yourself to once a day. You are doing wonderful overall with your weight loss.

Lacey - I hope your run went well.

mish - get on the wii or treadmill tonight.

melsa - it sounds like you are on the right track. Did you jump the whole 5 min? I'm impressed. My knees and calves would protest.