200+ (Week 17) "Fling Into Spring" Begins!

Options
12346»

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Deb....great job on eating good tonight! I know how hard it can be.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Great job on the eating well and working out everyone!!!

Today had some up and downs. Did really well during the day- enrolled 2 new people in my study. My site is the total super star of the study (of course :wink:), and then I went to a departmental meeting which was okay. But on my way to the rec center my check engine light went on :mad: don't know what the hell is up with that. I'm sort of hoping tomorrow when I turn my car on it'll just disappear :cry: I don't need to spend any more money and I don't know when I'll be able to bring it in to the shop. So after that, I was totally grumpy mcgrumpypants. I did go to the rec center, even though I was exhausted and did the running.. all 25 minutes of them, though I only upped it to 5.0 on the last minute (for perspective, on tuesday, it was the last 4). Definitely need to have a break day in between my runs. This week was brutal. Plan to have a day off (or perhaps a pilates or dance dvd) tomorrow. My whole body is just tired, which I think it adding to my grumpyness. Can't go to bed early cause the olympics are on and perish the thought I would miss them! Tomorrow will just be ugly. Let's hope the car starts, the check engine light disappears and I have another fruitful day at the office! I'll put up a new thread later this evening and will reply to this one when the new one is up.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    aka - We have the check engine light on in 3 of our 4 vehicles. All related to the bleepin gas caps. I hope this is the case for you. Did you get gas today? I checked once with the dealer and was told if all the other gauges are normal and unless it's flashing, you should be okay to drive it. Good luck. Try taking the gas cap off and putting it back on. Sometimes this helps makes the light go away. If the cap is real dirty then I do clean it - dirt makes it so the sensor goes off.

Oh - I am lazy and am skipping the treadmill today. I hope to get up and run in the morning. My body just aches and I have the winter blues. On a good note, I already have my salad logged and made for lunch tomorrow. I have to go pack for my trip. I have been getting the rare bird alerts for Michigan and there are some great recent sightings in Sault Sainte Marie. I am getting excited birdwatching is my passion in life (next to DH:blushing:.) I used priceline and got a great deal $40 for the hotel room. I will have access to a sauna, exercise room and heated pool. I can't wait.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    cool, I'm not the only one addicted to the damned scale! lol. Good for you Sue, that is AMAZING!! Tomorrow is the weigh in... Good luck super heroes!!:smile:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I made the decision today to turn off the friend's feed for daily calories being logged whether over or under. Part of me wishes it would be changed. I wish it would record that you were within 100 cal of goal whether under or over. This would be better than encouraging people to under eat. It doesn't reward those who are over by only 10 - which is really close. I hate that it encourages people to under eat. I guess that I am on another soap box today. Thanks for listening to my rants. It's just that I looked a friend's food logs yesterday per her request and she was having a net cal of about 800 a day and I now feel bad for all the times that I encouraged by congrats on being under cal goal for the day. If I had know how low she was earlier, I would have encourage her to eat more. I plan to ignore those posts that come to the my friend feed. I will still comment on great things like # days logged on and # pounds lost.

Good luck on the weigh-in tomorrow morning.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit pathetic. I could only do about 10 minutes on my treadmill. The again, I actually got on the treadmill and used it. I think tomorrow I will Wii it.

I have to say food wise today I did really well.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Feeling a bit pathetic. I could only do about 10 minutes on my treadmill. The again, I actually got on the treadmill and used it. I think tomorrow I will Wii it.

At least you did 10 min :flowerforyou: That 10 min more calorie burning than if you hadn't gotten on it. Any exercise is better than no exercise.
  • cds2327
    Options

I have to say food wise today I did really well.

It's ten more than you would have usually done right? SO WHOO HOOOO!!!!!
    pinot....have a great trip
    aka....hang in there, tomorrow will be better!
  • cds2327
    Options
    I made the decision today to turn off the friend's feed for daily calories being logged whether over or under. Part of me wishes it would be changed. I wish it would record that you were within 100 cal of goal whether under or over. This would be better than encouraging people to under eat. It doesn't reward those who are over by only 10 - which is really close. I hate that it encourages people to under eat. I guess that I am on another soap box today. Thanks for listening to my rants. It's just that I looked a friend's food logs yesterday per her request and she was having a net cal of about 800 a day and I now feel bad for all the times that I encouraged by congrats on being under cal goal for the day. If I had know how low she was earlier, I would have encourage her to eat more. I plan to ignore those posts that come to the my friend feed. I will still comment on great things like # days logged on and # pounds lost.

Good luck on the weigh-in tomorrow morning.

How do you turn it off? I completely agree with you!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    NEW THREAD GALS!!!

Look for 200+ (Week 18) Fling into Spring!
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    melsa - it sounds like you are on the right track. Did you jump the whole 5 min? I'm impressed. My knees and calves would protest.

Believe me! My calves were screaming at me towards the end. And they are still pretty tight. When I would sit down, they would tighten up so much, I would hobble around for a few steps before I could walk somewhat normal again. I won't be doing that for 5 straight minutes again, at least not right away. That needs to be eased into!

I am bouncing around with weight. I lost 1.2, gained 0.8, and am down 0.2 this morning. I am used to the fluctuation, so I am not letting it bother me. Yes, I would prefer to see only smaller numbers everyday, but I am still down 0.6 lbs.

Busy weekend coming up around here. I am helping my husband with work tomorrow, so we will be going non-stop tomorrow from 10 to at least 10. It's just the food that will be interesting. We will make it work.

So...206.8 today.

Onward!