The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Tam, you are always such an inspiration to me and everyone you come in contact with. Your story is soooo very amazing. It is gentle and loving! In a world where women beat themselves up for not making the grade or allow themselves to feel that way by others, it is so inspiring to see someone who made that decision to really love themselves. Even in the midst of your some of your challenges you have still been so loving and gentle. I bet you are the best mom!

A person that I really admire is the late Pope JohnPaul II. He wrote a whole book on what it means to be human and the gist of it is that we discover who we really are by making a sincere gift of ourselves to others. I see that in you all the time. The gift that you give to all of us is the very gift of yourself.

Your humility and tenderness always impress me!

Congratulations again on your victory!

Thanks for sharing! I know that this will be a post that I will return to again and again!

DD
    Wow, thank you so much for that!! I'm speechless!(a rare thing for sure!! LOL!)

I guess I try to take even the tough things I'm dealing with and learn from them and try to grow stronger. And I do try to be a good mother, though my patience is tried like anyone else! :laugh:

Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Been WAY to long since I have taken care of ME and the 1st thing I see when signing on here (after MONTHS of non usage!) was your post....thanks for being such an amazing inspiration!!! I am at that "I feel worthless, there is no way i can lose 100 pounds' stage....its all in my head because I KNOW I can lose the weight....done it many times before....I was playing the weight watcher game for too long...had certain amount of points to play with and boy did I play lol....stayed within my daily points, but didnt learn anything about why I eat what I eat etc...so gained most (if not all) of the 60 pounds that I had lost back.....so your post came at a much needed time...now if I can just stay on here and get back on track.....
    Thank you!! :) And you CAN stay on here and get on track. You just need to make the decision to do so. You are in control of food...it doesn't control you! Good luck!! :happy:
  • Duga
    Duga Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow. I have always wondered why my thin friends would always be able to eat out and not seem to gain a pound. I now realize that they just would not eat out as often as I do. Your story really helps keep me motivated. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep up the great work.
  • LCreutz
    LCreutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I need a good kick in the A**
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love hearing (reading) your story. Thanks for the great post Tam!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    just bumping... :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Wow. I have always wondered why my thin friends would always be able to eat out and not seem to gain a pound. I now realize that they just would not eat out as often as I do. Your story really helps keep me motivated. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep up the great work.
    I know. it's such a simple idea huh? And yet I just never thought I could do it. But I am doing it and I don't feel deprived!

And you're welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Tam, this was just an amazing post. You are such an inspiration to so many people. Thank you for sharing with us :)
  • rockwife
    Options
    Thanks! I just weighed in and I really needed a positive heartfelt message. The scale is not the only measure, and sodium is not my friend.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Wow this was the best post I have ever read! You have been my inspiration for today! I have noticed some of those changes happening with me also... it's all about seeing in the "gray area" instead of just thinking black and white. Just like you said, one day does not determine my entire life and you just gotta move on!! Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations on all your success! :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Bump for the Sunday crowd!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    posting so I can read it later!
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey Tam,

Just curious if you've had any issues with sagging skin?

: )
  • cheryllynncc
    Options
    Another thing to think about is doing some calorie shifting. I just started this week and had been doing well until today when my boss gave me three heart shaped sugar cookies dipped in chocolate and yes, foodaholic that I am, I devoured them. Oh well. Any way, I am following the 1200 cal plan and will continue through next thursday and then on Friday, Sat and Sun, I am adjusting my food plan up to 1400. Calorie Shifting allow you to make a few hundred calorie adjustments to circumvent the stagnation of caloric intack that can affect metabolism. Anyway, I will let you know how this affects my progress. As it is, I am having trouble eating my full 1200. Eating healthy fills me up so for a couple of days, I ate 1000 and 1100 calories. Just passing this along.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Well said. I maintained my post-baby weight for about 10 years. I ate something when I really wanted it but followed a healthy eating plan the rest of the time. When my mom got cancer I stopped being diligent. I gained about 25 pounds. A year later, I broke my shoulder and gained another 10. I've been trying off and on for about 8 years to get this weight off and never quite reached my goal. I'd quit when I was about 10 pounds away and just stop trying again. This time I'm just really paying attention to my calories and my exercise. MFP really helps with that. I'm only about 8-9 pounds away now. I'm not hungry at all. I get 3 meals a day plus snacks. It's all in the foods I'm choosing to let myself eat. The exercise is doing amazing things to my metabolism and my energy level. I am getting to the point where it's almost too easy so I've increased the number of days I do it and increased the minutes I spend doing it.
    I am proud of you for not letting the pregnancy interfere with your hard work. You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Another thing to think about is doing some calorie shifting. I just started this week and had been doing well until today when my boss gave me three heart shaped sugar cookies dipped in chocolate and yes, foodaholic that I am, I devoured them. Oh well. Any way, I am following the 1200 cal plan and will continue through next thursday and then on Friday, Sat and Sun, I am adjusting my food plan up to 1400. Calorie Shifting allow you to make a few hundred calorie adjustments to circumvent the stagnation of caloric intack that can affect metabolism. Anyway, I will let you know how this affects my progress. As it is, I am having trouble eating my full 1200. Eating healthy fills me up so for a couple of days, I ate 1000 and 1100 calories. Just passing this along.
    I'll be interested to see how you do. But, I think it's kind of the same thing as when you go out and have a "fun" night once in awhile. It does seem to jumpstart your metabolism again. The key is not letting it be the norm. Also, I think I was calorie shifting without really trying to. At the end, I was at the gym on Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun. I got up to burning around 1,000 calories and I would eat at least half back, Then on Mon, Wed, Fri, I ate 1400. But, I wasn't hungry, I didn't feel deprived and my body got so healthy.

Thanks for that too! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey Tam,

Just curious if you've had any issues with sagging skin?

: )
    Well, I have a few areas I am not overly happy with but for the most part, my body bounced back well enough. I guess because of the exercise I was doing. My upper/inner thighs, lower belly and tricep area took the worst of it. But, I'll take it compared to what I was before. It's all about perspective! :)
  • aimeemills
    Options
    That piece is fantastic, thank you. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!