The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    This is great! Out of all of the people on here you have definitely been my biggest inspiration. I have almost exactly as much weight to lose as you did. I need to get my butt in gear and start losing. I've just been maintaining.
  • ladybug220
    Options
    Wow! You Rock! Thanks for sharing!
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your detailed account!

You lost such an amazing amount of weight, (about what I need to to lose).

Way to Go!

Thanks again~
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Bookmarking your post!
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for such an inspirational post! I am one who wants the "fast answer" to weight loss, even though it took me 15 years to put it all on. I am learning as I get older that slow and steady wins the race. I will refer to this post often to motivate me to keep going.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later...it has made me realise im eating the wrong foods...i need to get the fibre thing going...i am off to sort through my cupboards!
  • verito
    verito Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing!!!
    I will save this to read over & over again.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! This was such a great post, and just what I needed to read. Thanks so much for sharing!!!! :happy:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your hard earned wisdom! :love:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story!

I've never battled weight until I had babies. I gained a new kind of respect for people who have had weight issues and beat them. I'm almost to my goal weight after 2 kids and I have to say, it does feel great!

Congrats to you! You are amazing!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thank you for your post. I am on my I think fifth attempt at p90x. Its not that I can not handle the workouts its that I kept giving up so soon. instead of taking it one day at a time. And that's what you reminded me of. Thanks again and God Bless you.
    What an inspiration your story is.
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • Enough_Already
    Options
    Thank you so much, truly!
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this Tam. You're awesome and such an inspiration to us all!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Bump again I read this all the time :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Bumping for a few new friends who might want to read it. :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep me motivated.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You should post this at least monthly for all the newbies out there. It is definitely the way to go. WHile I am trying to lost 40 pounds total, I had taken a similar approach as you (though you are able to put it into such understandable terms!!!) because I wanted to succeed and not be overwhelmed along the way. As a result, I am ahead of my weight loss schedule! It was quite educational to learn that you CAN eat any type of food and still lose weight as long as you are doing it sensibly! I did give up most white flour products as I just think they are really bad for you overall, but I don't spaz out over eating white flour when it is in something. I also try to mix up my workout routines; it does seem to make a difference to keep your body guessing. Thank you for posting your SUCCESS story and congratulations on your magnificent accomplishment. Now how is your maintenance going? That will be my next hurdle after I lose the next 10 pounds!!!! You rock!
  • blackchick38
    Options
    you couldnt of said it any better .thats just what i have been doing for the past 2 weeks and lost 9lbs whilst doing it.after all we still want to enjoy life to
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You should post this at least monthly for all the newbies out there. It is definitely the way to go. WHile I am trying to lost 40 pounds total, I had taken a similar approach as you (though you are able to put it into such understandable terms!!!) because I wanted to succeed and not be overwhelmed along the way. As a result, I am ahead of my weight loss schedule! It was quite educational to learn that you CAN eat any type of food and still lose weight as long as you are doing it sensibly! I did give up most white flour products as I just think they are really bad for you overall, but I don't spaz out over eating white flour when it is in something. I also try to mix up my workout routines; it does seem to make a difference to keep your body guessing. Thank you for posting your SUCCESS story and congratulations on your magnificent accomplishment. Now how is your maintenance going? That will be my next hurdle after I lose the next 10 pounds!!!! You rock!
    Hey, thanks so much! I hope it's understandable. I tried to make it as clear and easy to read as possible. I think the reason most people quit is because they get overwhelmed. Losing weight is not an easy thing and people need to give themselves a break and take the time to really learn.

Maintenance is good so far!! It's funny, I had reached my goal weight the same week I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 last January. So, I was pregnant immediately! I kept things under control though...and had my baby on Sept 4th. I lost the baby weight pretty fast and have been working out and focusing on toning now.

I just have to keep going!!

Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!