The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    This is a great post and lays it out so sensibly. I do think a lot of folks fail because they take on too much at one time and then when they do fail, they give up. Glad it worked for you and hope others will read it and be able to adopt a new lifestyle that will guarantee them success too. Thanks for your sharing!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    bump

This was the most inspiring post that I have read on hear so far. Thanks Tam!!
    You Rock!!!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    TAM CAN I ASK YOU WHAT MFP SUGGESTED FOR CALORIES FROM BEGINING TO END? I KNOW U SAID YOU NEVER ATE UNDER 1400.....IM JUST CURIOUS.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey Tam,

Just curious if you've had any issues with sagging skin?

: )
    Well, I have a few areas I am not overly happy with but for the most part, my body bounced back well enough. I guess because of the exercise I was doing. My upper/inner thighs, lower belly and tricep area took the worst of it. But, I'll take it compared to what I was before. It's all about perspective! :)

I am finding that those are my areas as well... but I couldn't agree with you more... I would rather be healthy and active as well... I just didn't know if anyone ever loses the weight without that happening or if there were something I should be doing as far as my skin goes to help it? Anyway, you are a HUGE inspiration to me. When I first came back to MFP I saw your profile on the homepage and I thought,... if she can lose 135lbs, I can do this... I can do this... it's not too late... I can do this too!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST! Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for sharing your tips and you LOOK GREAT!!!! Did I mention this was a GREAT POST :laugh:
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Awesome, awesome post. Thanks for so much encouragement. I want to keep it around for those tough days. Your attitude - just keep coming back - is inspiring. Thanks!!
  • taye4ever
    Options
    That was a great story and thank you for the words of encouragment. Just started my "lifetime" journey with my partner and the words that you used are soooo important. Reading your story just re-enforced for that this can and will be done and I really liked what you had to say and congrats to you for your acomplishments.

Taye
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    TAM CAN I ASK YOU WHAT MFP SUGGESTED FOR CALORIES FROM BEGINING TO END? I KNOW U SAID YOU NEVER ATE UNDER 1400.....IM JUST CURIOUS.
    Well, I never really went by what MFP gave me. I mean it is a good system but I would set the daily goals myself. It all depends. When I was heavier, I could eat more. And as I lost weight, I slowly lowered the calories. That is what a lot of people don't understand. 1200 is the minimum you should go to. But if you are doing that always, then you have nowhere to safely lower it to should you hit a plateau.

That's why I suggest a trial and error period. Depending on how much exercise you do, you can adjust your calories accordingly and still lose weight. I was eating a steady 1600 for awhile, then lowered to 1550, and 1500, and so on....as I lost weight and weighed less. I was also working out well and burning a lot.

Again, it's what I did. I'm not saying my method works well for everyone but you'd be surprised how much you can eat and still lose weight.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    This is a great post and lays it out so sensibly. I do think a lot of folks fail because they take on too much at one time and then when they do fail, they give up. Glad it worked for you and hope others will read it and be able to adopt a new lifestyle that will guarantee them success too. Thanks for your sharing!
    Exactly. When you try to be perfect, you are doomed to fail. Unfortunately, it took me many failed attempts..doing it the wrong way and mistreating my body....to get it right. I hope to save some..if not all of you, that time and trouble! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :laugh:
    GREAT POST! Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for sharing your tips and you LOOK GREAT!!!! Did I mention this was a GREAT POST :laugh:
    Hey thanks!! :wink: :laugh:
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    Great post! So well written. This is exactly how i feel about my weight loss and, being in a rough spot on my way to my goal, I find your advice SO uplifting! Thank you for sharing!
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great post!. I realized many of these things some 20+ yrs ago when I lost a deal of weight. Well, here I am in my late 50s trying to accomplish it again. I am afraid I have a slower metabolism rate working against me and slower joints. But all in all, I think its still gonna work. Thanks for the motivation.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar Tamaloo!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You have learned well, grasshopper! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
    I will have to agree :flowerforyou: thank you for the wonderful wisdom :heart:
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I will save this to read over & over again.

I have so much admiration for those of you that hang in there for month after month and lose amazing amounts of weight.
    You seem to have realistic goals regarding time frame, I see so many posts (including myself) that want to lose
    the pounds that took years to gain, virtually overnight.

Thank you so much for sharing your success & set backs with us.
    It makes my 28 pounds seem laughable really.
    Hopefully we can all learn a thing or two from each other.

Congratulations , this is huge!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Great post! So well written. This is exactly how i feel about my weight loss and, being in a rough spot on my way to my goal, I find your advice SO uplifting! Thank you for sharing!
    Thank you! So glad I could help! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Great post!. I realized many of these things some 20+ yrs ago when I lost a deal of weight. Well, here I am in my late 50s trying to accomplish it again. I am afraid I have a slower metabolism rate working against me and slower joints. But all in all, I think its still gonna work. Thanks for the motivation.
    It's funny. I think a lot of us know..deep down..what to do. But the mistake people make is not having confidence in themselves. You can definitely do this. Yes, your body is different than I was 20 years ago...soo you experiment and see what will work for you.

Best of luck!! I bet you will surprise even yourself! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You are a rockstar Tamaloo!
    Thanks Lina!! Good to see you! :smooched: :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You have learned well, grasshopper! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
    I will have to agree :flowerforyou: thank you for the wonderful wisdom :heart:
    Thanks!! I loved being called "Grasshopper!!" :laugh: :tongue:

Best of luck to you. Hope I can help! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I will save this to read over & over again.

I have so much admiration for those of you that hang in there for month after month and lose amazing amounts of weight.
    You seem to have realistic goals regarding time frame, I see so many posts (including myself) that want to lose
    the pounds that took years to gain, virtually overnight.

Thank you so much for sharing your success & set backs with us.
    It makes my 28 pounds seem laughable really.
    Hopefully we can all learn a thing or two from each other.

Congratulations , this is huge!
    Thank you!! And I really hope this allows you to just relax and take it a day at a time. I know how it is to want the weight off ASAP. You see the cute clothes, KNOW how great it will feel...so of course having to wait seems like torture.

The way I see it is....time is going to go by anyway. Right? I mean, no matter what we do...the hours and days and weeks will pass ANYWAY. I figured I could remain the SAME as that time passed OR slowly lose weight..in a healthy way...WITH them. A huge motivation for me was thinking of those weeks passing and not working on the weight loss.....and getting to the point where I would have said "I could have lost all the weight by now!!!" To me....THAT is the real torture! :wink:

And whether we have 28 or 100 pounds to lose, it's stil weight to lose and seems so hard. BUT, you can do it. And be there sooner than you think. :smile:

Best of luck!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!