Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfgyw3Le2IkxVAAZ2iI-nRbpcKAQ0D2CdG6GS9Y7EgeCyfLob1Og
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Ah. Got it.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I'm sure in the contract they state that they have reserved the right to change the rules at their discretion.

I'll check at my location tonight.

Please stop yelling, we're just having and adult conversation where we're entitled to differences of opinion.

I didn't know you could yell through text? I'M NOT YELLING.
    I think they do to, but it'd be nice to hear about the change before kicking me out of the gym, you know?

I'm just annoyed that I'm being clumped in with these people who think it's absurd that they offer bagels,pizza, tootsie rolls, and such. Like I stated, I never had an issue with them before, and actually enjoyed the gym. Mine was much like yours. Idk if they're under new management or what, but it'd be nice to know of the rule change before driving there and getting kicked out. Talk about walk of shame... lol. And trust me my "guns" aren't anything to be intimidated over.

FYI. I accidentally pressed caps up there. Freudian slip maybe? lol, but really, I'm not yelling.

It might be worth your while to inquire about a management change or the reasons for the policy change. Maybe ask why you weren't informed about the changes and how you can be if it happens again? It's dangerous to assume.

I won't be the last to tell you this OP but you opened yourself up to any and everything when you posted about Planet Fitness Sucking and as such you will bear the consequences. It's the internet.

I don't eat the pizza, bagels or tootsie rolls but, I choose not to outside of the gym as well. They also have vending machines for water, sports drinks, fruit, etc. Though I may not agree or indulge; in their advertising, they do explain why they have those things there and offer them as a 'treat' for a job well done and it's once a month, not every single day. Everyone has a gimmick, no? Do you not reward yourself for attaining a goal?

Why you have no weights at your location is beyond me and if my location did that I would change gyms as well.

I think the problem originates in your sweeping title, "Planet Fitness Sucks"...many people on this site would count you lucky for being able to have access to a gym, or the time to work out...etc.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Eureka.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm sure in the contract they state that they have reserved the right to change the rules at their discretion.

I'll check at my location tonight.

Please stop yelling, we're just having and adult conversation where we're entitled to differences of opinion.

I didn't know you could yell through text? I'M NOT YELLING.
    I think they do to, but it'd be nice to hear about the change before kicking me out of the gym, you know?

I'm just annoyed that I'm being clumped in with these people who think it's absurd that they offer bagels,pizza, tootsie rolls, and such. Like I stated, I never had an issue with them before, and actually enjoyed the gym. Mine was much like yours. Idk if they're under new management or what, but it'd be nice to know of the rule change before driving there and getting kicked out. Talk about walk of shame... lol. And trust me my "guns" aren't anything to be intimidated over.

FYI. I accidentally pressed caps up there. Freudian slip maybe? lol, but really, I'm not yelling.

It might be worth your while to inquire about a management change or the reasons for the policy change. Maybe ask why you weren't informed about the changes and how you can be if it happens again? It's dangerous to assume.

I won't be the last to tell you this OP but you opened yourself up to any and everything when you posted about Planet Fitness Sucking and as such you will bear the consequences. It's the internet.

I don't eat the pizza, bagels or tootsie rolls but, I choose not to outside of the gym as well. They also have vending machines for water, sports drinks, fruit, etc. Though I may not agree or indulge; in their advertising, they do explain why they have those things there and offer them as a 'treat' for a job well done and it's once a month, not every single day. Everyone has a gimmick, no? Do you not reward yourself for attaining a goal?

Why you have no weights at your location is beyond me and if my location did that I would change gyms as well.

I think the problem originates in your sweeping title, "Planet Fitness Sucks"...many people on this site would count you lucky for being able to have access to a gym, or the time to work out...etc.

I suppose so (regarding the topic). And I 110% agree on the 3rd paragraph. It is advertised that way...and it's actually well advertised that they have those treats. It kind of confuses me that people get upset about it :/ But oh well. I mean I'm pretty laid back and crap like that really doesn't bother me. Even when they took away the free weighs I was like like "eh, I don't use them that much anyway". But when they kicked me out for wearing a tank top...yeah, that was kinda embarrassing lol
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    here you go I quit going to a gym when the lady across from me working out on a machine showed me everything she had down there. Guys were standing around laughing at her.....hello.....ladies.....for men and women that is not appealing and it's shows how stupid you are to think that short short short pants....are not for the gym....and the tops are not either. Just my two cents worth.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I used to go to ao 24 hour one. It was 2am. Four people working out. On accident I set down a weight wrong, it made a loud noise. The buzzer went off. Are you serious??

They set off a buzzer when you clink your weights?! What?? That's really absurd, and embarrassing! I've never joined planet fitness and definitely don't plan on it now! I recently joined Best Fitness and I love it. I go solely for the classes and they're great. Screw PF.
  • splashofcranberi
    Options
    I recently joined a Planet Fitness and I'm really enjoying it. I think it's unfair to say only people pretending to care about fitness join there. In my area there are no other inexpensive options. Other gyms in the area cost anywhere from $45 to $60 per month - without pools or anything special warranting such a price. I have been told about these "rules" but nothing like that has been enforced at my location.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a Planet Fitness and I'm really enjoying it. I think it's unfair to say only people pretending to care about fitness join there. In my area there are no other inexpensive options. Other gyms in the area cost anywhere from $45 to $60 per month - without pools or anything special warranting such a price. I have been told about these "rules" but nothing like that has been enforced at my location.

That's how mine was when I started :( Hopefully yours stays that way. And I agree, that's unfair. There are a lot of dedicated people who work out at PF. I'm fortunate enough to have other choices in the area.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I get that not every PF is the same, nor apparently have the same policies.

I get that a lot of people like it there, that's cool. Whatever works for you, do it.

I get that PF's are comfortable/affordable/more convenient for some than another gym might be.

My beef with PF's are the claim to be a "judgement free zone" yet their commercials wreak of judgement for those that prefer lifting weights. There have been several examples already, but I didn't see this one that someone posted on fitocracy today. This one takes the cake for me and ensure that I shall never step foot in there (which is my choice, so I get that too):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuCtjs26v0s&feature=youtu.be

WOWWWWW....That's not even just targeting weight lifters. How disgusting.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    No tank tops, no deadlifts, and I have to worry about my weights making noise?? No thanks.

Edited for typo.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Eureka.

HAAAAAA!!! I wish there was a little smiley rolling on the floor laughing.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Eureka.

rofl-smiley.gif
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    havent heard anything about that, but for your next gym, make sure its not LA Fitness. Staff was rude, wasn't very clean. Overall sh1tty experience. I only went cause hubby surprised me with a year membership that can't be canceled. 24 hours is pretty nice. lots of weights, a whole room dedicated to it where I go, and the only clothing rule is no cut offs, like jeans, and you have to have work out shoes.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Eureka.

rofl-smiley.gif
    awesome
  • mystiqu3
    Options
    Buzzer? How do you know its for you. It sounds like something I use for my dog.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Illustrate that you're just a troll? Lol
    I'm illustrating logic, champ.

It appears that you are unfamiliar with what a "troll" is, in internet terms. I'll leave you to Google and do some homework. :flowerforyou:

I love it when people use the word champ, boss. :wink:

oh come on slick lighten up :laugh:
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options

It appears that you are unfamiliar with what a "troll" is, in internet terms. I'll leave you to Google and do some homework. :flowerforyou:

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Champ? Boss? Slick? THIS IS AWESOME! :laugh:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Champ? Boss? Slick? THIS IS AWESOME! :laugh:

Well sport since this thread was created from OP I have learn a lot about PF. Definitely not a gym I would like to attend.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've got a planet fitness less than a half mile away from my apartment. I have a 24 hour fitness about a quarter mile away. I am a member of both. I can take my kids to workout at Planet fitness, I can also use the tanning, or massage chairs, and they have better cardio equipment with more tv channels to watch than the 24 hour fitness has. Because their weights are limited, I can't see how anyone can make any noise lifting them, anyway. But since they only have Smith Machines for barbell equipment, I use 24 hour fitness for my weightlifting needs. I like deadlifts too much, and the best I can do at Planet fitness would be clean, and presses with dumbbells.

I go in sleeveless shirts all the time. Nobody has said anything to me about it being against the rules. Maybe it is your local gym.