Planet Fitness sucks.

Options

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Point is this is a FITNESS place that is promoting unhealthy lifestyle choices. Explain to me how that makes sense?

Kind of like serving booze at an AA meeting...
    Exactly! Thank you!!!
    Exactly, in what way? You have an uncontrollable compulsion to eat pizza?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a place for those who want to pretend they're getting in shape and say they "workout" but don't actually want to put forth any effort.

Riiiight....*eye roll*

The PF's in my area don't have these rules....and I have 4 different ones within a 10 mile radius....but oh well. Don't like it, go somewhere else. Or complain to your manager/corporate...those aren't corporate rules..those are rules brought forth by the people running that specific location.

They didn't USED to have those rules when I signed up. They changed them. If thy had those rules when I signed up...well I would've signed up. I contacted corporate and this is their response. I then replied and said "How to I cancel my membership. Can I do it in person, or does it HAVE to be certified mail". No response.

Leah,

Thank you for contacting us. We do have a corporate dress code that applies to all locations nationwide. As part of that dress code we do not allow ripped clothing, inappropriate imagery/wording, spaghetti strap tank tops, or tank tops/shirts that are too revealing. Since we are independently owned and operated, how strictly they enforce this dress code is at the discretion of the manager when it comes to clothing deemed to be too revealing. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Best Regards,

Jenifer Ward
    Member Relations
    Planet Fitness Corporate

lol Well then perhaps new management? Either way, you have the right to leave or not.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    How is it more enticing than a fast food place in the same shopping center? Really, it boils down to one's own self-control, where ever they are.

Point is this is a FITNESS place that is promoting unhealthy lifestyle choices. Explain to me how that makes sense?

Exactly! Thank you!!!

No, just no. I've ate pizza, which according to you, is an unhealthy lifestyle choice.

*Looks at Ticker and Before/After Pics*

Again, no, just no.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm not your "bro". It's Mrs. to you, sweetheart. ;)

LOL. Once again.

(It really is a great bicep shot. Well done.)
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    PF is a joke. All their gyms have the same rules. But it's how much they enforce them is where the "independently owned" part comes in. The PF I know of in Washington DC will give you a warning if you end up getting the "lunk alarm" sounded on you. If it happens a second time, you're shown the door.

They also don't have DB's higher than 55lbs, which is ridiculous.

Is it possible for a "moderately" fit person to get anything done in these places ? :indifferent:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm not as upset about the rules. Okay, I get it, if they're your rules, then they're your rules. I'm more upset that these WEREN'T the rules when I signed up. They changed without them informing anyone... no posting, email sent, etc. ANYTHING. Then walk in there with the usual tank tops I wear, and get kicked out. I think that's very unprofessional.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm not as upset about the rules. Okay, I get it, if they're your rules, then they're your rules. I'm more upset that these WEREN'T the rules when I signed up. They changed without them informing anyone... no posting, email sent, etc. ANYTHING. Then walk in there with the usual tank tops I wear, and get kicked out. I think that's very unprofessional.
    Just go with nipple tassels next time. Nothing in their dress code about them.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How is it more enticing than a fast food place in the same shopping center? Really, it boils down to one's own self-control, where ever they are.

Exactly! Thank you!!!

:yawn: :huh:

The point is maybe PF should have another appreciation snack vs pizza. It just doesn't belong in the gym. If I eat that slice of pizza how much harder am I going to have to work to get that off. Maybe I didn't plan on that for the day. Again, it is about self control and healthy choices, but PF should eliminate the temptation. I've never seen another gym do that.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    PF is a joke. All their gyms have the same rules. But it's how much they enforce them is where the "independently owned" part comes in. The PF I know of in Washington DC will give you a warning if you end up getting the "lunk alarm" sounded on you. If it happens a second time, you're shown the door.

They also don't have DB's higher than 55lbs, which is ridiculous.
    Is it possible for a "moderately" fit person to get anything done in these places ? :indifferent:
    I dunno. Who cares? Curves might not be the right fir for everyone either, but it certainly helps a lot of folks.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    Just go with nipple tassels next time. Nothing in their dress code about them.

HAHAH SOO TRUE. It just says clothes that are too revealing. Nothing about lack of clothes that reveal EVERYTHING.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    The point is maybe PF should have another appreciation snack vs pizza. It just doesn't belong in the gym. If I eat that slice of pizza how much harder am I going to have to work to get that off. Maybe I didn't plan on that for the day. Again, it is about self control and healthy choices, but PF should eliminate the temptation. I've never seen another gym do that.
    I don't know about other PF's, but mine does not force it down my throat.
  • ICarla
    Options

Exactly! Thank you!!!

Me? Not at all. But some people...perhaps. But the exactly was @ promoting unhealthy lifestyle choices. Im not anti-pizza. But I am anti-unhealthy foods in the gym. I think they lost their creative juices when they came up with that idea.
  • ICarla
    Options

Mine doesn't either. But I just think its silly. Shouldn't even be an option.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options

Exactly! Thank you!!!
    Me? Not at all. But some people...perhaps. But the exactly was @ promoting unhealthy lifestyle choices. Im not anti-pizza. But I am anti-unhealthy foods in the gym. I think they lost their creative juices when they came up with that idea.
    Perhaps we should ban any sort of "unhealthy" food from being within so-many feet of gyms... or schools.. or homes.. or anything, right? :huh:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

THIS I understand...but the point I was at least trying to make that it is different location to location. I see all the things happen at my local PFs that people claim don't, in this thread. I'd speak to management, see if there was a change and point out that they need to inform their members. At the end of the day, I'm am at least glad they have gyms so relatively cheap for those new to fitness.
  • lwagnitz
    Options

Yeah. This argument over the snacks is kind of futile.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Then don't go. :drinker:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

BAN PIZZA EVERYWHERE!!!!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    The PF here has free weights and doesn't hassle about shirts. I think that might be just in your region.
  • ICarla
    Options
    Then don't go. :drinker:

lol...thats a bit much to say ban junk food everywhere. I go to PF right now because I still have a membership there. I will be switching once I find a facility that best fits my needs