Planet Fitness sucks.

Options

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    What I know of the place, it is a joke. Over 60% of the US population is overweight and here's a "Fitness" gym that glorifies having pizza night yet scurtinizes weightlifting and those who do so.

I wouldn't workout there if they paid me to.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's why I use 24 Hour Fitness. weights, gym equipment, basketball court, free classes, cardio equipment, pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room. the price is right to. with a Costco membership you can get 2 years for 349.99 that breaks down to 14.58 a month.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Judgement free zone

Damn meat heads
  • What I know of the place, it is a joke. Over 60% of the US population is overweight and here's a "Fitness" gym that glorifies having pizza night yet scurtinizes weightlifting and those who do so.

I wouldn't workout there if they paid me to.

I totally forgot about their Pizza nights and Bagel mornings. Lame.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Where is your PF at? I used to work at the one here in Louisville and I still go there in the mornings for extra cardio sessions. We don't have those rules and we still have free weights.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a place for those who want to pretend they're getting in shape and say they "workout" but don't actually want to put forth any effort.

Seriously?

whatever you think of the gym , fine, but you dont need to insult ME
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    yep, no Barbells (WhatTheFlip?!) and they actually tease bodybuilders in their dumb commercials. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzmoqmL7g
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't feel the same anymore. It's definitely full of judgment for ANYONE who's at least slightly knowledgeable about fitness and it's certainly no place for a beginner to actually learn anything, it seems. The trainers I've seen don't even train anyone.

This reminds me of the new* PF commercial I saw last night. It had two huge guys at PF asking if they needed any trainers. Well, they were obviously the stereotypical (steroid?) muscle-heads. And the guy at PF just looked at them weird, and showed them the "door." My thought was, what - PF doesn't have/want people there that know what they're doing, to help the noobs? OK - stay as far away from PF as possible. Yeah - I get it, they just don't want people to think that that's the only "look" you'll gain at PF, or some such nonsense.

My gym - used to be a World Gym, now it's called Summit Fitness - discourages overly loud grunting and dropping of weights, but they realize that sometimes, it happens. As long as you're wearing clothes, it doesn't seem to matter too much what you wear. I don't believe there's a "true" dress code, even though I'm sure you'd be asked to change if you wore something with a bunch of swears or some other vulgarity.

* I don't know if the commercial was actually "new" - but I don't believe I'd ever seen it before - but it was new to me.

ETA: OK, I guess the commercial is about a year old or so... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPcKxcZ18uc
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a place for those who want to pretend they're getting in shape and say they "workout" but don't actually want to put forth any effort.

Riiiight....*eye roll*

The PF's in my area don't have these rules....and I have 4 different ones within a 10 mile radius....but oh well. Don't like it, go somewhere else. Or complain to your manager/corporate...those aren't corporate rules..those are rules brought forth by the people running that specific location.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The one I go to has free weights and I wore a sleeveless shirt the other day...that's weird. I do think the whole pizza things is stupid. I only go there for the cardio machines because it's $10 a month and I don't have one at home.
  • Cranktastic
    Options

Riiiight....*eye roll*

The PF's in my area don't have these rules....and I have 4 different ones within a 10 mile radius....but oh well. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

right?
    CRANKY SMASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is for people who get personally affronted when you don't like their gym of choice.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I used to work there. If you have a problem I would take it up with corporate because those aren't corporate rules.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Seriously?

whatever you think of the gym , fine, buy you dont need to insult ME

Crank - we all know when you go to the gym you just pretend to work out i mean look at your body... obviously you just pretend you are getting in shape. ;) (k don't hit me....)

To the poster that said that. your opinion is one that should have been kept internal.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Gross over generalization much?
  • Cranktastic
    Options
    Planet Fitness is for people who get personally affronted when you don't like their gym of choice.

heh.

not affronted at the gym of choice
    affronted at the statement that I PRETEND and dont work hard.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    drama-llama.jpg
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Seriously?

whatever you think of the gym , fine, but you dont need to insult ME

*smash*

Nothing else to add
    :heart: :heart:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options

dafuq? Are you serious?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    My dog eats your silly opinion sometimes.