Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love chunky men. Depends on the woman. Also depends on you. Maybe you're ignoring the women who are attracted to you for some reason.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    because the ones who dont go for overweight guys are shallow.
    Uh, no..
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to be physically attracted to the person that you're with. I'm sure you even have a 'type' that you find most attractive. Most relationships begin as physical attraction and most people do not find obesity very alluring.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I personally dont have trouble with heavier/bulkier men. My husband is on the leaner side but it wouldnt bother me a bit if he gained weight
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Don't look at me. I had a crush on Robbie Coltrane. Intelligence, confidence, charm.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I never *intentionally* went for a 'fat' guy, but I wound up with a guy who I call "big." He would fall into the obese category. The last weight I know for him was around 280 and he's only about 5'10". Prior to him, I'd dated & had relationships with men who were overweight, but never obese. We knew each other for 2+ years online and talking on the phone before we ever met in person. We were (and still are) great friends. When I met him, it wasn't to start a relationship, he was living in Louisiana & invited me & my best friend down for Mardi Gras. We were there for a few days before anything other than friendship came out of it. It was a slightly weird adjustment, but now I really don't think anything of it. I would like for him to lose and to get back into an exercise regime, mostly because I want him to stay healthy (he doesn't have any obesity-related issues at this time) and be around for years to come.

We've been together almost 2 years now. Being such great friends beforehand and knowing some of each others' shortcomings was great for our relationship. He makes me laugh. He makes me feel safe. He wants to take care of me. And he deals with my particular breed of crazy very well. :laugh: Hahaha These are all reasons why I love him and can't imagine my life without him, regardless of his size.

15695080_4621.jpg
    This is from February, before I had really lost any of my weight.
    15695080_391.jpg
    This is from July, when I was close to my goal.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the problem isn't fat. Its confidence. Get going with something that gets that back up (and it doesn't need to be fitness but that does work) and you won't have a problem.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I think what you're really trying to ask is "Why don't HOT women date fat guys".

Well played..

*golf clap for Dani*
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    By having a great personality and making me laugh!! My high school sweetheart was quite overweight and I was thin. After a year of eating his cooking, I was fat too!! Ahh, that was terrible. We broke up after 3 years, I lost 60 lbs in a month, and then he wanted me back. Good times! Anyway, getting back on track, the physical is important, yes. If I guy is extremely obese, it's not happening for me, because I like to go out and do things like walk, dance, etc. But if he is overweight and he makes me laugh, he's got a date. I'm married now, but that's what I always went by when I was dating. In 40 years, looks will start to fade and there better be some personality left over to keep the spark alive.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Confidence
    With weight loss, will come confidence.

Live it
    Earn it
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I think what you're really trying to ask is "Why don't HOT women date fat guys".

lol, nice
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Confidence...I was overweight and in my mid-late 30's and I dated a 20 year old soccer player. i was 5'9" and at least 250 while she was 5'4" at best and a size 2 with a very solid body....oh..and she pursued me....
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Lower your OWN standards and leave other people to their own?
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree. There are some women that do date extremely overweight guys. My mom for example, is not fat, and was married to a morbidly obese guy. probably 500 plus pounds. She fell in love with his personality. Just because your "fat" doesn't mean your out. Some women.. yes, they are not attracted to bigger guys, some are. It all depends on your personality. Some people can always look past the physical. To a certain extent. I was married to a skinny bean pole.. but now my husband is the total opposite of that. It just depends.
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Depends HOW fat.. OBESE no.. but I tend to care more about how a guy makes me feel than how he looks.. Of course there has to be that initial attraction, but funny, smart, kind guys do have some charm :wink:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Approach is everything. You have to have confidence and please don't mistake that for arrogance. The best way to a good woman's heart is through laughter. Make her smile.

This is so true!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the area I live in but I'm much more likely to see a skinny woman with a fat man than a skinny man with a fat woman.

So why don't men date fat woman? :P
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    girls DO date big guys. i feel like its more common to see a skinny girl with a fat guy than a fat girl with a skinny guy

This^^^ Guys aren't nearly as pressured to be at a healthy weight to be considered attractive. Personally, I've dated anywhere from 6'4 to 5'5 (I'm 5'4), skinny to big. I don't really like muscle-y guys though. It's just not attractive to me at all :P
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Lower your OWN standards and leave other people to their own?

I raised my standards and started dating a heavier guy recently.... it was all about his personality and confidence.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Ask 100 different women out on a date.

You'll get plenty of dates.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    :huh:

My first ever boyfriend was an overweight guy. He was a sweetheart and a gentleman though, so I liked him.

I've dated guys up and down the scales. Never mattered to me.
    Coincidentally, my husband is not "fat" but he is not "skinny" either. I still love him and remain attracted to him. He is a gentleman, he never yells, always helps me, and is always there for me. It's about confidence, character, and genuineness. That's what makes a guy attractive.