Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have seen more girls with big guys than I have guys with big girls just sayin
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    What? Most of the guys I've dated were overweight/obese. It's more about personality and finding the right woman.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    fat guys make women want to hug and squeeze them and call them bestie or brother -.-
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This fat guy does not date because he lacks the confidence to ask any girl out. So for me, it is because fat guys don't ask.
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    when I was big, I never had any interest from girls. I got a great personality and am the biggest sweetheart you'll meet, just girls only wanted me as a "friend" and nothing more. I really dont think i'm bad looking, just any girl i had any interest in, even if she was thicker also, wanted nothin to do with me like that. Dropped all the weight and am just a little overweight now and got a nice muscle build going to me, and i seem to be getting a lot more attention, even from girls who wanted nothing to do with me before. IDK if it was just me, but it seems like it happens a lot....gotta have a physical attraction to someone to be with them i guess
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't know. I never had that problem. Not even when I was at my biggest. Some won't, some will. If you're strong inside, you should have no problem. If you doubt every single little bit, you will have a problem. :)
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My husband is pretty overweight. Was when I met him and I still married him.

Oh, and I liked his Sense of Humor and how sweet he was too me. He can make me laugh even when I'm in the worst of moods.
  • Simona40
    Simona40 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm an obese woman and I'm always VERY surprised when I get hit on. Not because I think I'm ugly but because I look at someone who's obese or even oveweight as being sick and unhealthy and I wonder why anyone would want to be with someone like that.

The truth is, I look at overweight and/or obese men the same way. I dont want to be with someone who's sick. And to me that's what being overweight or obese is...a sickness.

I want to be with someone who's heathly, who can and does take care of himself. I want that from myself too that's why I'm here. If I expect that from me, why would I settle for anything less from someone I want to be with?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    yeah, but I want to know how those very fat guys get them?

Personality, and not looking too desperate.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like my men to have a little heft. Don't get me wrong I love looking at perfect bodies.. just like everyone else. But, To curl up with, Share a life with, I prefer someone human and flawed.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Character. Sense of humor. Confidence.

I will admit I'm generally physically attracted (initially) to more fit guys, but some of the best men that have come through my life were bigger...because they were genuine, sweet, and walked around with confidence. I've never counted off a bigger guy in the past, due to his weight...and never would. That's just me, I can't speak for other women. Coincidentally I know some very attractive men that are shy and don't get many dates because they have been told "they look like they'd be a douche". Everyone gets judged by their looks, unfortunately.

A lot of women say that men don't like them cuz their big...I've been up and down the scale my whole life and never had issues dating...be an awesome person, have confidence that you are worth it, and it will shine through and catch someones attention..trust that. There is no one simple answer.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Money,

Or the woman is just as fat.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

personality all the way
  • purezion
    Options
    because the ones who dont go for overweight guys are shallow. and the girls who go for the lanky hipsters... they like big egos. i do not judge a book by the cover. my mom always said to go for the nerdy guys and the overweight guys. they are always the good guys who get overlooked. and i agree with JJSobey, personality and not looking too desperate....
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I know PLENTY of girls who are with fat guys. I also know an obese guy who pulls chicks ALL the time...I don't personally go for bigger guys but its really all about the personality. If a fat guy has confidence and carries himself well getting girls shouldn't be a problem.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    confidence and charm. You'd be surprised how gullible women can be. You'd also be surprised what you can do if you have a silver tongue.

sad but so true! lol
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole adult life. I gotta say until I got to a certain point, I was always way bigger than the guys I was with. But as I kept gaining, some of my exes were definitely overweight. As far as morbidly obese? No, I wouldn't do that because I don't want someone that unhealthy. At my highest weight I don't think anyone would have wanted me either becaus eof the health concerns and just that I'm sorry being that unhealthy is not attractive. I have a bf, we had been dating before I reached my highest weight.

I guess in all....different people like different things. The guys I know who can't get a date that also happen to be very overweight, I'm sorry bu weight is not the issue. In my experiences, from the people I have known weight has never been the reason anyone I know has ever been single. There's always something else, usually confidence related. Women don't like doormats and a lot of overweight guys that I know tend to whine about how great their personalities are and blah blah but they never take the risk of asking a girl out. It's like the friend zone conundrum. But again, that's just what I've seen.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Approach is everything. You have to have confidence and please don't mistake that for arrogance. The best way to a good woman's heart is through laughter. Make her smile.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

You could just as easily ask "why men don't date fat chicks?" It would be just as jerkish a question.

"Women" don't date any particular group cuz women are all individuals with specific taste. Just like men. Everyone is entitled to be attracted to whoever and whatever attributes strike their fancy.

Maybe you should stop attributing fault to people who don't want to date you or who want to date people other than you.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I think what you're really trying to ask is "Why don't HOT women date fat guys".