Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The harsh reality is that for men and women alike, at 21 you will have a hard time getting dates. In the 20s, physical appearance is just a lot more important to most people. When you get older, we become less focused on the physical. This doesn't mean that ALL 20 somethings are shallow, it is just the way the majority of us are/were at that age.

If you aren't willing to do something about your weight, then you will have to make the rest of the package as appealing as possible.
    You will also have to be realistic in your expectations. You won't get the cheerleaders and fitness models if you are 100 pounds overweight at 21.

Bettering your health by eating better and exercising will do you a world of good now, and in the future. Focus on that for now, and worry about getting dates later. You will be glad you put in the effort, and your dating prospects just might open up considerably.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's the same reasons I don't date fat girls.

Health, attractiveness, motivation.

exactly, goes the other way too...guys wouldnt give me the time of day when I was fat
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    To most, being obese isn't attratcive. Let's not beat around the bush, eh.

Cat_smacksup_dog.gif
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I find it funny how some women find those lanky hipsters attractive though.

HAHA! Hilarious. ::high five:: skinny jeans on guys need to go!! Give me some loose fitting Levi's any day :)
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Cat_smacksup_dog.gif

Awww. That makes my day.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

Cat_smacksup_dog.gif

^ this ^
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well...my husband is obese...he was REALLY heavy when we first met and a lot of people were surprised to us together, I was very fit & in college at the time. He had many very attractive girlfriends in the past, and women still are drawn to him, he is self-assured and has a great sense of humor and despite his weight. He attributes his luck with the ladies to his willingness to give it a shot and get to know women, no matter if he thinks they are "out of his league" or whatever. So, to the OP, my hubby would say to just give it a shot and talk to the ladies! Get to know enough of them & you will find the right one for you!
  • jb152498432156
    Options
    Sorry; I don't date fat guys because I'm not attracted to them. If you don't want to lose weight, then find a girl who is attracted to fat guys.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I admit, I have never been attracted to obese men, nor have I ever dated one. I also don't care for the skinny lanky type either, I like a strong build. My ideal would be a strong, muscular, cut guy with a 6-pack, and while I have certainly dated a few men like that, my current bf is what you call "skinny fat" LOL. He's like 5'7" and 155 lbs. Just needs to build some muscle. He's such a cutie though. I hope we can get in shape together :) He's a med student so after he graduates we'll be together again finally and get back to our healthy routine.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    generalizations about women. fun.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Confidence...I was overweight and in my mid-late 30's and I dated a 20 year old soccer player. i was 5'9" and at least 250 while she was 5'4" at best and a size 2 with a very solid body....oh..and she pursued me....

This.
    I dated a big guy for a while; probably around this description. No, I didn't think he was the sexiest guy ever but he was great - for a while.
    Eventually he got super insecure - worse than a teenage girl! I had to bounce.

I never had trouble finding guys when I was heavier. My "luck" has been on and off at all stages of weight and it was all due to my attitude and confidence at the time.

Love yourself and others will love you right back.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ill get back at you
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

Cat_smacksup_dog.gif

total awesomeness
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Honestly I dont like being on top, I have big boobs so it just does not work.
    lmfao... Ummm... You being on top is NOT the only way to do it just because he's big. FYI...

He rained sweat on me during missionary, it was the only way.

This made me cackle. Nothing like having sex with a hot, wet towel. mmmm. lol.
  • redlrider
    Options
    I never really been into skinny guys. I always prefer my men with some meat on them! But it is mostly about how good they can fish! I don't want no guy that can't fish. He has to be able to keep up with me!

Oh a more serious note....Looks aint everything....its whats inside that really counts!

ditto, treat a girl right, and it wont matter what the scale says. however you have to be open and out there. Confident in who you are and what you can offer a relationship.
    I cant speak for others, but I don't like arrogant jerks and more than I like a feel sorry for me clingy types either. If a girl is smart she'll the size of your heart and thats all she'll care about.
  • mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My take on it is at 307 i felt and was monsterously huge and had no self esteem, which is why I had no interest from women. And now because I'm not quite as fat (245) , I also have more confidence and am willing to take more chances, they do pay me more attention. I'm guessing when I hit my target weight I will be beating them off with a stick:)

Whilst pyshical appearance is important when being attracted to someone, I have learned that: Kindness, sense of humour, intelligence, confidence, honesty and general compatability are all way more important than if she has a nice *kitten* or he has a six pack.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Because some women aren't attracted to them? I dated a "fat" guy briefly, mostly cause he was always there for me. In the end, there was just no attraction. I can't help what I'm attracted to and in most cases it's not "fat" guys. & I think that attraction is a critical component in a relationship. The whole "looks don't matter, it's the inside that counts" is bogus. If you're with someone, it's because one SOME level you find yourself ATTRACTED to them.

ETA: Not saying that what's on the inside DOESN'T matter, just that it's not the ONLY thing that matters.
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I never really cared about body size. As long as we get along and he can make me laugh. Plus nice looking eyes don't hurt.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    for the exact same reason most guys dont date fat girls... not attractive

To some people.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I never really cared about body size. As long as we get along and he can make me laugh. Plus nice looking eyes don't hurt.

THIS.