Sabotage!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    <
    My dad showed up for coffee today with THIS!!!!! He HATES me SO MUCH!!!! I'm going to cease and desist visiting with my father, immediately.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Do you have ppl in your life that sabotage your weight loss goals?

Yes and as soon as she's out the door, the crap she brought with her goes to the dogs!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    We need a "SHOW me your elderly hot bodies" thread.

We so do! I am 48 and don't feel elderly. : ) I work out daily. I was at the gym this past week and the trainer at LAF told me, "I was watching all these women walk in to do Zumba classes and then I saw you walk in and thought, they should just weight train, you don't jiggle." So, even at the elderly age of 48, I can and will improve and strive to be the best me I can be. By the way, nothing against Zumba!!!! I love weight training and know that at my advanced age it is the only way I will get the results I want/need.
    M

I had a 30something fella try to guess my age at the gym last week.... he guessed "middle 30's", I said no. He guessed "middle 20's?" I don't know if this was a "gee, she looks good for her age," or "heck, she's younger and has had a hard life!" LOL He was supprised that I'm nearly 45yrs old! To my relief, he thinks I've done a great job keeping myself young!
  • jono2970
    Options
    God yes! I just posted about this just now! My mom always wants to feed me biscuits when I visit, and my wife always brings donuts and chocolate! I'll eat them chocs...and then burn out on the skipping rope! I love my family, but they infuriate me sometimes!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    We need a "SHOW me your elderly hot bodies" thread.

We so do! I am 48 and don't feel elderly. : ) I work out daily. I was at the gym this past week and the trainer at LAF told me, "I was watching all these women walk in to do Zumba classes and then I saw you walk in and thought, they should just weight train, you don't jiggle." So, even at the elderly age of 48, I can and will improve and strive to be the best me I can be. By the way, nothing against Zumba!!!! I love weight training and know that at my advanced age it is the only way I will get the results I want/need.
    M

I had a 30something fella try to guess my age at the gym last week.... he guessed "middle 30's", I said no. He guessed "middle 20's?" I don't know if this was a "gee, she looks good for her age," or "heck, she's younger and has had a hard life!" LOL He was supprised that I'm nearly 45yrs old! To my relief, he thinks I've done a great job keeping myself young!

Go on with your bad self!!!!

...to bingo. It's getting late. :tongue:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been known to regift stuff like that after asking if someone wanted it. If they don't that's fine. If they do that's fine too. It can always be cut into portion sizes and frozen too. *HUGS*
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have one of these saboteurs. There is this certain elderly relative who always invites me and my husband over for lunch/dinner. Once we get there, she just pushes stuff onto us; like literally puts heaping amounts on our plates! I want to tell her to stop but my hubby feels sorry for her and so he tells me not to do that. So my solution: I will not go visit her! May sound harsh but after a 1 year in which all my efforts were spoiled by the weekly lunch/dinner invite, I am SO DONE.
    This reminds me of our visit to my brother's house... my brother and his wife are fitness freaks -- totally into lifting and body image and all that -- who definitely look the part. Hubby and I had lost about 40+ pounds by this visit, but we'd driven all day to see him and kept expecting some kind of dinner. Finally hubby suggested going out to eat, which we all did (and we paid for it!). Turns out my brother's family doesn't do much eating for dinner; they are more into protein shakes and oatmeal round the clock! We laugh about it now. It's the direct opposite of a relative stuffing you with high calorie stuff. See? There's someone at both ends of the bell curve!
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you asked her, point blank, NOT to bring these to you? Or reminded her of previous times you've asked her not to do so? In my family, bringing food over is a way of showing we care for each other - I'm just as guilty. My oldest sister works very hard to maintain her weight, so if I bake goodies when she's coming over, I make an effort to make fruit based/low or nor sugar treats that I know will fit into her eating plan.

Yes, OP said she had asked her sister not to do this.
  • jono2970
    Options
    I don't think asking them to not bring stuff will stop them - they are doing it out of what they think is caring...but really, they should respect the lady's wish to lose weight, and not be tempted!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I don't think asking them to not bring stuff will stop them - they are doing it out of what they think is caring...but really, they should respect the lady's wish to lose weight, and not be tempted!

If you tell them you throw away everything they send, they will stop sending it. Nobody likes to throw away money.
  • sk_bennett
    Options
    After reading these posts I don't know what to think.........

I have actually had family stop talking to me because they claim that I am forcing my lifesytle on them when all I do is saying "No thanks, I just ate" when they offer me food. They claim that I "should be able to eat nonstop and not gain weight", because "that's how they live". When I tell them that I can't live like they do, they claim that I am forcing a diet onto them. and that I can throw it up afterwards".

So I am sorry if I sound like a bad person, but I will not hurt myself for their sake.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i love how you are blaming your lack of self control on others.

Wow- that is forward- I guess you are right, though!
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Let it sit around until it gets moldy then make sure she sees it. :laugh:

That sounds like a plan to me!
  • goodhuh
    Options
    A few years ago, I did not have a weight problem, and a guy at work would bring in EVERYDAY these warm freshly baked wonderfully smelling cookies at lunch. Of course he'd never eat them. They were so tempting to all us girls. And once you had one next thing ya know six were in your mouth. My neighbor said just dont eat them. HA the aroma was overpowering. So then my neighbor said whats he doing holding a gun to your head. WOW that comment helped me alot. So, that visual helped me overcome this NO he is not making me do this, I am using my hands to do this to myself. SOOO when I found I had one of those little devils in my hand I licked it then threw it in the trash. Moral of the story: I dont know.... maybe lick the stinking junk food in front of the horrible family member and say thanks so much, then throw it in the trash in front of horrible family member and maybe they wont be back.