Do you feel like the weight will cure your "ugliness" ?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    At this point, I'm aiming for attractive and not scaring anyone away! Everybody has ugliness. Nothing in nature is 100% perfect. We're all always in a state of change. With a good diet, exercise and a little makeup, pretty much anyone could look decent! I hardly ever see truly pretty women, but I rarely ever see anyone who scares me by their looks.

I think we should focus on things we like about our looks, and also things we like about our personalities too!
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well, since people tell me it's a shame that I'm fat because I could be so pretty, so my ugly is predicted to clear up

This cracked me up.
  • Jory2pointOh
    Options
    I always think I look nice which is kind of a burned. It makes eating a cupcake or a piece of cake okay because I’m still “cute” even though I am fat.

I second that. lol Sometimes I hate myself. I think we all do that from time to time, but most of the time I do love being me, even though I'm still fat. :)
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What I find funny is that most of the people on here who think they are ugly have really cute profile pictures....I don't see even ONE ugly person in here!
  • MarcyL43
    Options
    I feel that image is about acceptance. I never see myself as ugly, but do not see me as Ideal either. I want a waistline, not a round space. I read somewhere that body image change is important to keeping weight off and that looking in the mirror at yourself actually improves you feelings about your body even when it is imperfect. I have noticed that I look at myself less these days so maybe losing weight will encourage me to look more often and then I will as an off shoot like my body more, thus changing the mental image.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I remember when I reached my goal weight of 185. I was pulling chicks like crazy. I looked better, but I was just skinny fat. I still had quite a bit of "pudge" over my abs. I was close to developing a 6 pack. This time, I'm strength training while on my way down, that way, when I do get skinny, I'll look "Muscular skinny" instead of "Skinny fat". I still looked great, and felt great when I lost all my weight. Then again, I think I have a great bone structure, and my body will look great too when I'm done.
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    What I find funny is that most of the people on here who think they are ugly have really cute profile pictures....I don't see even ONE ugly person in here!

I AGREE!
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No. I feel like your attitude will though. I hated me- my body- I grew up believing I was UGLY because my brothers told me so every day. When I moved out on my own it took me years to realize- not only am I not ugly. Im ****ing beautiful.

Only one person has to believe you are beautiful to make you beautiful. Not everyone has the same opinion on beauty, why cant that one person start with you? I know it started with me. I made no effort to feel beautiful- to put in any effort at all to make other believe I was beautiful- When I started projecting that I was attractive and that I deserved to be looked at you better BELIEVE I got noticed by the opposite sex- by the same sex, for friendship and not so friendly ship ;) , and I am a very large woman.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    No, my face won't look much difference when I am done. I am hoping that having a body makes up for that. :drinker:
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    I'm gonna pull a Patrick here.
    Start yelling:

I'M UGLY AND I'M PUHHROUD!
    IIIII'M UGLY AND I'M PUHHROUD!

And it will apparently cure anything.
    Thanks, Patrick Star. :heart:
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes...I feel the same. I've had people tell me I look good...but I absolutely don't see it when I look in the mirror. All I see is the imperfections. And insecurity is my middle name! I'm hoping that changes but....... :ohwell:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I know I answered this once before, but lately I feel like I have just been getting progressively uglier. And I didn't even think it was POSSIBLE for me to feel uglier. I avoid mirrors like the plague suddenly. It's definitely a problem. Just can't see my way out of it right now. Grr.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No, so my goal is to be a butterface.