Dumbest thing you pretended to like for your SO

Options

Replies

• grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Nickelback.

That relationship ended poorly.

Nickelbacks awesome dude. AWESOME. Remind me to never friend you, and if i do, please dont accept. Then read this post and retaliate.

Well... remind me to never friend you! AND IF I DO, then dont accept. Ever. There.

Well now I feel like I am being challenged to a FR denial dual. Tell me whats wrong with nickelback?

He's engaged to Avril Lavigne. If that's not saying something....

But seriously, the composition is severely lacking and their lyrics are humdrum & "white trash".

I will say that they're pretty entertaining on twitter. And I'm not even on twitter. They deserves some credit there.

Since you gave me the twitter thing, I'll give you the Avril thing. Compostition is not lacking, how is

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
    Confusing stars for satellites
    I never dreamed that you'd be mine
    But here we are, we're here tonight

White trash? Thats great writing Please don’t tell me you like Gungham Style..

Those are kind of generic lyrics. Composition also isn't strictly in the lyrics...the composition of the music is so simple and repetitive it makes me want to cry.

Also it's Gangnam Style, and I has it.

tumblr_mariy7ZHiy1qiala6o3_500.gif
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    _n_l

I'd like to buy a vowel.

I would have never gotten this, thank you LOL!!

I don't really pretend, I am open minded and try to get on stuff he loves so much, like FFXI, I didn't like it at first but we had just started dating and he loooovvveeed it so I kept playing until I figured out how to play right. Also I was not a basketball fan, but now we are Wildcats all the way.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    VMA's, CMA's, Oscars, MTV music awards.... really any awards show
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I have always been myself in any relationship, have never faked enjoying anything for some woman, and Twilight is a very well written piece of literature.
    LOL! Love it!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of happy I can't think of a single thing I've ever pretended to like...
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't pretend. Which is why I didn't do well in my late teens and early 20's. I am me. Sometimes that means you have to do stuff alone or with other friends that enjoy it.

The best Christmas gift I have gotten from an SO is Steeler's tickets, second row from the field on the thirty yard line.
    Second best, she told me to take my brother to the game.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Poke /poʊˈkeɪ/ is a raw salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine, my husband is Hawaiian and I HATE THIS STUFF.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    One ex: Cats. Don't get me wrong, I think cats are alright. I even live with one that sleeps in my bed. But my ex baby talked to his FIVE cats. And then when he was around my nieces and nephew, he acted like they were furniture in the room :huh: :noway:

Soon to be ex: The sex. I'm a bad liar so it's kind of funny when you can't tell I'm not really enjoying it. Needless to say, this will stop the next time I see him.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Nickelback.

Nickelbacks awesome dude. AWESOME. Remind me to never friend you, and if i do, please dont accept. Then read this post and retaliate.

Well... remind me to never friend you! AND IF I DO, then dont accept. Ever. There.

Well now I feel like I am being challenged to a FR denial dual. Tell me whats wrong with nickelback?

But seriously, the composition is severely lacking and their lyrics are humdrum & "white trash".

I will say that they're pretty entertaining on twitter. And I'm not even on twitter. They deserves some credit there.

Since you gave me the twitter thing, I'll give you the Avril thing. Compostition is not lacking, how is

Ha! I've never even seen the video. I'm not a mainstream kinda gal.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Nickelback.

Those are kind of generic lyrics. Composition also isn't strictly in the lyrics...the composition of the music is so simple and repetitive it makes me want to cry.

Also it's Gangnam Style, and I has it.

tumblr_mariy7ZHiy1qiala6o3_500.gif

Gangbang style has an anti-american (whose views inevitably changed since making 7+mill off us) Chinese "rap' star whose just as catchy and untalented as bieber, beyonce, and any other 'mainstream' solo artists who pretend they write thier own stuff.

iiCome incredibile!!

I’m a guy
    A guy who seems calm but plays when he plays
    A guy who goes completely crazy when the right time comes
    A guy who has bulging ideas rather than muscles
    That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable
    Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
    Beautiful, loveable
    Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
    Now let’s go until the end
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    _n_l

I'd like to buy a vowel.

NOW I GET IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I pretended to be this tender hearted guy that would never hurt a fly.

but the truth is I have hurt many fly's.

but seriously, I am sarcastic person and if there was something I didn't like I would let her know and the the teasing would start, playful teasing.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Ha! I've never even seen the video. I'm not a mainstream kinda gal.

I blame my Zumba class for my introduction to the catchy *kitten*.

Anti American or not. :3
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've never pretended to like anything but my one ex-SO introduced me to Dr. Who. He was a douche. I dumped him and kept the Who. :P

Another introduced me to off-road driving (which I'd never done before). He dumped me but I still love off-road driving.

But honestly if I don't like something I just say so. Why pretend to like it if I don't?

Is this something people do so it seems like you have more in common? Isn't that kind of forcing a relationship???
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    With an old old girlfriend I agreed to wear cowboy boots and them tight fitting plum smuggler jeans. :noway:
    Oh gawd did my friends have a riot with that one! See I grew up in the valley, (the gag me with a spoon, for sure, like totally! valley)
    Friends wore dickies or levis pinned at the bottom with Dr. Martens or Monkey Boots. Grunge was just coming out so flannels and tattered jeans, construction boots.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    His 80's style helmet hair style - complete with curling iron and tons of hairspray...

And the faded sweatshirts he bought while in highschool, and still wore out 20+ years later.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    I think if you have to pretend to like anything for them then there's a deep rooted problem in your relationship.

I think I would have a bigger problem if I said " listen, your mother is a b***"..just sayin

:laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I think if you have to pretend to like anything for them then there's a deep rooted problem in your relationship.

I think I would have a bigger problem if I said " listen, your mother is a b***"..just sayin

I did and we are still together.....lol

This is what I was thinking. I didn't quite use those words but my husband knows that I don't care for his mother (I've tried). The best thing is, I just sit back and be polite and she lets her crazy show. He is starting to see exactly why I dislike her. :drinker:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    HIM
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    His impromptu cooking with giant amounts of dried herbs which made me sick almost every time.