Sorry, but I *am* getting bulky from lifting heavy....

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My sister, when she was born, had, 'both' male and female parts down there. She got the sticky out one removed but now she has a more masculine physice, she lifts and is pretty veigny. Not saying theres a connection at all.

7nTnr.png

If this is true, then there is a good chance she has testicles instead of ovaries. Therefore, she would be producing testosterone instead of estrogen, which will boost her muscle development.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Im confused, are you complaining or bragging?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    If your legs are too big for your liking, then switch to isolated exercises like lunges, leg extensions or one legged leg press. I notice that when I train female competitors who have "big" legs to begin with, this seems to help "slim" them down without foregoing conditioning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kmumansky
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude..I really don't but BOO HOO....

that was rude. if you dont mean to be rude, then DON'T be rude, just keep it to yourself. You know the saying..."if you can't say anything nice, then don't say it at all..."
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My sister, when she was born, had, 'both' male and female parts down there. She got the sticky out one removed but now she has a more masculine physice, she lifts and is pretty veigny. Not saying theres a connection at all.

7nTnr.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Have you tried incorporating callanetics or yoga?

Theoretically it should stretch your muscles and give you a leaner appearance.

Thumbs up for callanetics
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy to build with less reps and light to lengthen and lean down, more reps, hope that helps
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If you've reached the max size that you want to be for right now, just stop increasing the weight. Feel free to go backwards a few pounds if you want.

Generally, someone with your physique looks bigger because they have low BF%, not because they are actually huge. It even happens with men. The more cut I get, the more people comment on how big my arms/chest/quads are, even though I've lost several inches from them. It's illusion more than reality.

I've seen your pictures before and I assure that I don't find you bulky in the slightest, but it's your body to do as you wish.

I've never really thought of it that way, that does make sense though.
    ^^All of what he said is absolutely correct.

You might find that if you pack on a bit of BF...nothing crazy, just up your percentage a tad, you'll get a bit more of a "softer" look (bad descriptive term, I know, but it's all I've got) and you're muscles won't seem near as pronounced. You will likely go up a size, however, you probably won't even notice it.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your other pics... Ur back is amazing...... I say keep up the good work!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yeah, I don't see what the problem is here....you lift heavy, you get results.....move it to the success stories /end thread \m/
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some pictures

Yes, bring on the "bulk" pictures.

You have a body that most women on this forum would die to have and you start a thread complaining about it?
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Definitely not bragging .....
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    I think you look AMAZING. If you're unhappy though, change things up a bit.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your pics-you look like a VS model. if THAT is bulky, im built like a rhino.

ive gone up two pants sizes because of my thighs, and one in shirts/jackets because of my arms and shoulders. but i can ROCK a mini dress now.
  • DJ2120
    Options

You have a body that most women on this forum would die to have and you start a thread complaining about it?

It's about the body that *I* want though.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Do YOU like how you look?

Isnt THIS the question?

My latissimus dorsi are starting to fan out way more than I would like, so this tells me that I have one of two situations happening.

1. They are stronger than my other back muscles and are growing because of them compensating for my other back muscles which have not caught up yet, and it will all balance out if I am consistent

OR

2. They are weaker than they should be and are growing and SEEM really big because they are jumping to catch up with the level of strength in all my other muscles that are already working together.

Either way, I know that because Im a new lifter, almost all of my muscles are out of whack. My quads and hamstrings are way off balance, my back is not as strong as my abs so my posture is off, anywhere I find myself hunching I know to work on the flexibility and stretching.

But if my muscles are looking BIG, I take that as a compliment. the pump is only temporary anyway. Each time I work them out correctly, they are bigger for a couple days- then they unswell as they move through repair stages. Im not going to sweat it- Im just going to keep being consistent.

I know I have the genes that would allow me to become a serious she-hulk body builder, but I dont have the desire, nor do I have the 12 hour/day dedication it would take, or the money for that kind of weekly training, or the nutrition required or the protein supplements or the blah blah blah... so it wont happen to me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

It's about the body that *I* want though.

applauds
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude..I really don't but BOO HOO....

Any time some one says this, they are about to be Rude... LOL!!!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If I were in your position, I would keep lifting the same, except for the thighs. I'd substantially cut back the weights I'm using for my thighs, since you don't want bulk there. Your arms, while well-defined, don't look bulky, so I'd keep things the same. And, if you are uncomfortable with how people react to your awesomely defined muscles, add a little more bodyfat, as that is generally considered a more feminine look. Of course, the adding more bodyfat may happen naturally as you allow the muscle mass in your legs to go down a bit.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Just looked at your pics-you look like a VS model. if THAT is bulky, im built like a rhino.

ive gone up two pants sizes because of my thighs, and one in shirts/jackets because of my arms and shoulders. but i can ROCK a mini dress now.

Thanks, but I'm bigger now, than I was in those pics though.