Sorry, but I *am* getting bulky from lifting heavy....

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Pics
    photo37.jpg
    photo36.jpg
    photo35.jpg

Have you ever considered entering a female bodybuilding contest?
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hm... Your legs aren't as big as I was expecting judging by the photos. They're not that big. Are you training your upperbody too to balance it out with your legs? I can't tell because you havw a big shirt on.

I'm sure if you gained some body fat like your doc recommended, your waist will fill out your pants instead of being loose. And gaining some fat on your butt would make it look bigger & your legs smaller in comparison.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OP... you are not bulky. You need to replace some lost body fat. Beyond that, the only other thing that you can do is have your testosterone levels tested. But seriously... unless your body could potentially be mistaken for a man's... you are NOT bulky.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude..I really don't but BOO HOO....

Wow, just wow. Why would you comment in a thread where you are not contributing anything except trying to start an argument with others?

To the OP: You are a very beautiful woman!! I would love to see your recent pictures.

I am also one of those women that can bulk up. Unfortunately for me, I have higher levels of testosterone than most women due to PCOS.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This girl I work with is super tone and she says she uses light weights and does a lot of body weight strenght moves. I really hope all these comments on how good you look helps, because you look fab.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pics

You look great!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OP... you are not bulky. You need to replace some lost body fat. Beyond that, the only other thing that you can do is have your testosterone levels tested. But seriously... unless your body could potentially be mistaken for a man's... you are NOT bulky.

this. very much this.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    I would love to be in your shoes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    your arms are so beautiful, your shoulders wow
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I didn't read any of the other comments, but my first thought when I looked at your profile pics was that I hope I don't get that big. I started lifting about 3 months ago and that's not my goal, to get that big. Sorry if that not helpful, I was going to give the obligatory you look great, keep it up, which you do look great, but if you're not happy about it, keep it up seems the wrong advice. Good luck.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My gosh, I'm trying but I can't reply fast enough to everyone who has given me such great advice. I think the first step, will be so lift lighter & do more reps so I can see if I slim down overall a little. I'm okay with having tone & muscle, but when my clothes stop fitting right it makes me think that I'm getting bigger than I want to be or was planning on being. Also maybe my body is changi so fast, that I'm just not used to it yet. I just need to change some things & see what happens.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    gurl.

you are not what I would consider "bulky"....

I think you should look up female weight lifters, like competitive bikini models, and look at on season vs off season shots.

eta: The reason I say this is because I suspect you want to look more like an off season, rather than an on season, female weight lifter. And the difference is really body fat percentage, not muscle mass.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ya not bulky at all not even close. You can give me some of your bulky though
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I understand it's about what YOU are happy with, but I don't think you are bulky at all.

You clearly have built some muscle in your upper body, but it's not loads, or what I would consider "bulky". It looks mostly like a lot of definition, that should go away a little once you gain that weight.

Your legs, they are toned, but I don't see that much visible muscle, only the slightest bit that you would expect from legs that are worked on somewhat (and not flabby, untoned) No way in the slightest are you bulky by my standards anyway. You look fantastic in fact!!
  • mominwi419
    Options
    You look stunning! Seriously!

I would add a bit of body fat like your doctor suggests and reevaluate after he or she is comfortable that you've gained a bit.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    You aren'y "bulky." Go to the gym and hit dem weights.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pictures. As I suspected, you are FAR from being bulky...
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pics

Have you ever considered entering a female bodybuilding contest?

She's worried about looking bulky...and you just asked her to build MORE muscle.... :huh: :huh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What rep range are you working with?

If you are working in the hypertrophy range with a lot of volume you could be experiencing "the pump" or a temporary increase in sacroplasmic fluid which makes it appear like you are "bulking up" when in fact you are not.

Stop weights for three days or so. See what happens. If you notice a clear difference then it's probably the above. You could consider working with a lower rep range and a higher weight or a higher rep range with lower weight or reduce the volume of your training.

Up to you really.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    You've got to please yourself and I think you've gotten a lot of great advice. Just know that you look great! My suggestion, buy some tailored clothes. :-) You've earned it!