Sorry, but I *am* getting bulky from lifting heavy....

Options

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Quit bragging about your unbelievable abilities. It's rude and will make everyone else here who lifts jealous.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think you look wonderful. Your legs are lovely. And I'm jealous of your arms.

Like everyone else said, you'd look like muscular with slightly higher body fat. That might make your clothes a little bit tighter, too. But there's nothing wrong with going up a size.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think you look really good actually. If I wanted to get picky, I'd say you could use a little MORE muscle on your legs but overall you look great.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    MFP's reigning hublebrag QUEEN!

Don't lift if you don't like the results. Case closed.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    photo39.jpg

I will literally trade you arms if you want. We can arrange a transplant.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I have this happen, my response is to find a brand that fit my body better as my body changes shape. I just to live in Express pants for work, as an example, but as my body shape changed with my progress, their cuts didn't work any more (too tight in the thighs, gaping at the waist).

It's not a failing in my body, which is still shrinking in inches, but a change in proportions - and we all know different brands use different patterns.

(And man, I wish I could gain muscle like that on 1300!)
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    you look awesome in your pics. eff the haters.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    photo39.jpg

I will literally trade you arms if you want. We can arrange a transplant.

^^^ this. AND I'll take those legs off you too if you'd like.

You don't look bulky at all.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful! Awesome job!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im scared this post might scare other girls away :(
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

seriously.
    put on some fat OP if you want to look softer, but knock it off with the bulky.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    gosh, I wish I were bulky like you. you look fabulous.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

seriously.
    put on some fat OP if you want to look softer, but knock it off with the bulky.

And also don't flex if you don't like the flexed look.

This isn't bulky. It's cut. Do what your doctor says and add some fat for the doctor's reasons and also so you don't spread misinformation about lifting.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do.....don't sacrifice your strength. You've worked hard to be a strong woman. Be proud of that! It is such an empowering feeling to have strength! Being a strong woman should be your end goal and the way you look in the mirror should be the results of the work that it takes to be strong.....no matter "what" that body looks like. Nothing is more attractive than confidence.....But that's just the way I see things. And like a pp said.....hypertrophy is NOT the same as strength. You are not hypertrophied!

You look incredible!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Do what you need to do for yourself to be happy.... But I have to say I think you are a gorgeous lady!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I think you must have some of those mirrors they have in the circus, the ones that make your body look funny shapes! You are about as far from 'bulky' as it gets!! I think you could gain more muscle and lower your bf to get the 'fitness' look. There's no one in the world that could complain about having a body like that. You most certainly do not have bulky or even overly muscley legs. I really can't see why you'd even think that?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is Oatmeal & Coffee
    I have a protein shake after my workout
    Mid morning I'll have an apple & maybe 10 almonds
    Lunch is fish with a green vegetable & maybe 4 ounces of sweet potato
    Late afternoon snack is probably a rice cake or some popcorn, maybe baby carrots with peanut butter
    Dinner is a tossed salad with some canned tuna or tilapia mixed in
    Desert is greek yogurt or cottage cheese, sometimes I even mix the two together.
    The weekends I allow myself a cheat meal or two. But, still try to stay within my calorie range.
    I think everything that should have been said has been, just want to say that I think you look great OP, and your diet is ON POINT. Big props to you :smile:
    You're a genetic freak.
    Genetic anomaly would be a better way of putting it :flowerforyou:
  • BertNijs
    BertNijs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Basic cardio will keep (or lower) your body fat percentage as you'd like and will probably cannibalize some of your muscle.
    It's what bodybuilders fear when cutting, but seems to be what you're looking for.

(If you don't want to reach lower BF%, increase your carb intake a bit. Calculate your own macro's, you clearly don't have a standard metabolism. No offense ^^ )
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Your idea of bulky just seems to be that you can see your muscles more, but yet you want low body fat and those two ideas are incongruous with each other, unless your actual preference is the skinny look. I agree with others that you need to eat more, and aim to increase body fat if you don't want the curve of the muscles to be so pronounced. I also think, imo, that your leg muscles are not huge in the least, but you have a great, overall shape, that I would love to have! Beautiful!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    still worried this post is going to keep other girls from lifting at all.